Page 1 of 7 12 ... LastLast
    9000+

Default So I got Fallout 3 for Christmas...

And while its fun, albeit typically Oblivion engine, the dialogue options are great and I just love the fact that the world is grittily violent like in RL, if you throw a grenade at someone you can blow off their leg! They won't just do over-exaggerated grunts of pain and carry on shooting at you, same goes for if you shoot them in certain places and cause lots of damage they start limping exactly as they should.

Now what pisses me off is why the fuck is it so fucking hard for developers to just fucking make games that actually WORK? I read the comments about Fallout 3 and decided against buying it myself until they brought a new patch out which is supposedly coming soon, I guess after the holidays. But fucks sake, my computer ran this game better than fine when it isn't crashing or jittering to a halt and yet the fucking game itself takes a huge memory dump and shits all over my PC. The reason I know this is just now I got the blue screen of death after I was fighting some mercenaries in the game ( I could've gotten a bloody energy rifle ) and it bitched about physical memory loss and restarted.

What the fuck is wrong with these stupid idiotic developers?! When I pay for a product I expect the fucking thing not to fall apart from me at the slightest touch, the same goes for fucking software or games, when I click fire I expect it to fire, not suddenly cause the computer to die on me.

For the record my computer runs the Oblivion engine better than fine as I said and I had the quality on low anyway just so I could run it better, but fuck me, a game hasn't pissed me off this much since Bioshock and Supreme Commander.

Half of these games that I bitch about wouldn't actually be so bad if they weren't fucking broken to the core and never got fixed, I know Bethesda will fix it up though because they are a decent company but fucks sake.
    Last edited by Lethn; 12-26-2008 at 11:36.
    It's Lethn...if he doesn't sound pissed off then there must be a rift in the space-time continuum - Ultimo
    According to fanbois in order for there to be no problems with an MMORPG you have to imagine it isn't there, well, they say ignorance is bliss.

7000+

And this deserved its own thread why?
    You should use search, Lethn. And while you're at it, write an anime about it.

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarilir View Post
    Die in fire asshole
    It's Lethn...if he doesn't sound pissed off then there must be a rift in the space-time continuum - Ultimo
    According to fanbois in order for there to be no problems with an MMORPG you have to imagine it isn't there, well, they say ignorance is bliss.

Normal User

Yea happened to me alot too... But save alot and that's not a problem for me.. I just hated the AI: ohh no, that guy has a crosshair on me, I'd rather dodge the crosshair. I just hate when they move out of my aim, same with some CS and CSS bots.. they couldn't make good AI so they just made the bots move away from your crosshair. SUCKY!

6000+

I had no perfomance issues with Fallout 3, it ran fine.
    The game itself though....

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    Die in fire asshole
    Seriously though, this has been discussed to death already. You should face reality and not slack behind 17 years. Everytime I read what you write you remind me of this little fella', but not a happy one. You're turning into a whiner Lethn, never go full whiner.

Also, the G.E.C.K has been released, and that's something to rejoice over, since we'll soon have some awesome mods out there. Fallout 3 was a much better game than Oblivion was vanilla, and I'm sure the modders will create some awesome stuff.

9000+

Your emo Tiarlilir, just get over it

Oh and stop trying to derail my thread from the beginning, you have to wait a page or two for it to work successfully.

7000+

Your emo Tiarlilir, just get over it
    Yes, obviously, since you're so clever and all. I expected you to come up with something more... original... as an insult. Like my manboobs, for example.

9000+

Yes, obviously, since you're so clever and all. I expected you to come up with something more... original... as an insult. Like my manboobs, for example.
    If you've already thought of it then its not original

7000+

If you've already thought of it then its not original
    At least we're having constructive discussion now. Hi, my name is simon. And I'm emo. Because people say so. And because I have a piercing in my lip, I cut myself. I cut myself because I hate life, and it's some weird way to let out the pain inside. It makes me feeel butter. I have no friends, except all those people who look exactly like me because I'm so sexy. I made a compilation of my best pictures. Have a look, honeypie. Also, I wear make-up because it makes people see when I cry, and it makes it so much more obvious. I only want attention, but no one gives it to me. GIVE ME ATTENTION, PLEASE.

Was that enough of a derail for you? I haven't written a single post without providing some material worth of discussion in this thread. You should've used search, because this topic has been discussed to death.
    Now the G.E.C.K is a mod creation kit for Fallout 3, it was released about 15 days or so ago. www.fallout3nexus.com stores some files already, you should check it out. Maybe with the mods it will become a really good game, instead of simply a good game.
    Last edited by Tiarilir; 12-26-2008 at 11:54. Reason: edited url link.

9000+

lol *shoos*

In case you haven't realized I'm talking about the instability of the game not how boring it is, read properly.

Maybe you should buy a better computer. *problem solved*
    Spoiler

1000+

Ran perfect for me most settings maxed 2 crashes in 30 some hours of gameplay + alt tabbing on a regular basis and hell I run vista 64. As for the low on memory shit buy more ram you cheap bastard they basically give ddr2 away these days.

8000+

Your the only swede I like here.

Sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viranth View Post
    Welcome to OT, your 15 minutes are up.

Banned

Btw i was wondering, did they make an animation for the character when you press up and left/right or does he just slide like in oblivion?