Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Normal User

Default Chronicles of Spellborn?

Has anyone tried this game. Its availible for download on Fileplanet and from reading the Faq has, PVP very much like DF. This might be something fun to play till DF open beta.

http://www.tcos.com/en/index.html

I can't find the item mall.... something must suck about this if it's F2P
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite
    Your signature has been noted to be extraordinarily violent by several users, I agree. Please change it. =[

Quote Originally Posted by Spinewire View Post
    It's not F2P it's a sub MMORPG, they just give you the first starting area as F2P to see if you like it.

If you do, sub, then continue on your adventure.

I'm curious how people like it as well...

Normal User

It's free to try. You can't leave the starting area without paying the monthly fee. I think it's clever.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Spinewire View Post
    By the looks of the gameplay videos and sutch it's less sucky then any other mmo (if you are pvp interested witch I assume you are) our right now before darkfall.

It has levels, safe zones but fps combat and afaik a good range of classes. It looks good but with levels and all that, darkfall coming out, I can't bother with it.

Normal User

it not a f2p it more a trial... you have to paid a sub to play after the lvl 8 .. it a good game ! with some good idea and cheap subscription.

you can find the collector edition with 3 month sub for 39€ something like that .

fuck paying for things
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite
    Your signature has been noted to be extraordinarily violent by several users, I agree. Please change it. =[

3000+

Everytime I think that it's a dutch produced game, I always pronounce it with a dutch accent. It gives me the creeps.

Uh, no, the combat is NOTHING like DFO. I was following this game for quite awhile, and it probably has innovations, but it won't be sandbox and it won't be FPS-style PvP. A lot of arenas with "skill decks" which are passive abilities that you click, but the skill comes from how you arrange them! Pretty impressive, I know.

From some of these posts I assume they're advertising it as FPS-style. Well we've seen that before community, so I'd play it before you call it FPS, because they didn't advertised it like that originally. I would definately wait if it doesn't have a free trial. No free trial = shitty product and they know it.
    Last edited by antihero-zero; 12-08-2008 at 14:30.
    zero

"A good martial artist does not become tense, but ready. Not thinking, yet not dreaming. Ready for whatever may come. When the opponent expands, I contract. And when he contracts, I expand. And when there is an opportunity, I do not hit, it hits all by itself." - Bruce Lee

Normal User

it a free trial ( still trial) ! if you want to go further the lvl 8 you have to pay a sub that it , u can still play but with no xp, and it like a fps , the pvp is pretty good it all about skill , there is no stat on armor weapon. the targeting is fps style no lock you have to manualy spot the target.
    Last edited by Calligan; 12-08-2008 at 14:36.

It is an incredibly limited free trial (kill mobs but get no items xps, pickup quests but not turn them in, can't leave small noob area) that is ONLY FOR EU CITIZENS. They are IP blocking North American (and thus I assume Aussie) players from accessing the website to register for a free account, therefore it's reasonable to assume the EU client/servers are blocking those IPs to connect even if you proxy around it. You might be able to proxy the connection to the client, but I assume you'd take too steep of a performance loss to justify it. By all means, go for it those with the free time, and tell us if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by tom_gore View Post
    It's free to try. You can't leave the starting area without paying the monthly fee. I think it's clever.
    Well I'm afraid the starting area is very unlikely to let you experience much (go read what it resticts and see for yourself), and they are selling the retail client in France (er, typo edit, heh) so that means once you exhaust the mini-trial you're going to have to pay retail for the box. I can only assume this retail is 50 US dollars (or will be) and whatever they fuckover you guys with EU currencies.

Update: I can't find anyone selling the client online yet. Someone tell us US people what this game costs to buy for the client (not subscription).
    Last edited by antihero-zero; 12-08-2008 at 14:56.
    zero

"A good martial artist does not become tense, but ready. Not thinking, yet not dreaming. Ready for whatever may come. When the opponent expands, I contract. And when he contracts, I expand. And when there is an opportunity, I do not hit, it hits all by itself." - Bruce Lee

Normal User

Did you actually play the game ? cause your statements are not true at all...
    It is an incredibly limited free trial (kill mobs but get no items xps, pickup quests but not turn them in, can't leave small noob area)
    limited on lvl (full lvl 7 ) after all it not a f2p , you got xp when you kill mob , but tocs is not about bashing , did you have tried the quest ? , no item ? it propably because there is no item drop in tocs exept artisan stuff and cash . can't leave small noob area ? lol there is no such small noob area , you have access to 2 or 3 zone with your trial hawksmoon and adenvault something like that and they are quite big.

You can play with the free downloaded version and bind that to your subscription , so the client is FREE.

Btw im still waiting for DARKFALL

ps: i played the beta of tocs lvl 14 ( and tried the pvp 1 vs 2 very funny almost win actually ive got a char lvl 7.
    Last edited by Calligan; 12-08-2008 at 15:06.

Normal User

Hmm maybe it is true. I can't seem to sign up for a account, all I have access to is to sign up for the beta. I downloaded the game and the account info I used does not work.

Normal User

did you got the validation mail ? to confirm your account ? i know why , because if you are from the us , acclaim is the publisher and they made a lot of crap like ip geolocking , it seem the game is not even release yet in us why ? i have no effing clue look like they doing a beta ...

try this one if u can

https://eu-players.tcos.com/
    Last edited by Calligan; 12-08-2008 at 15:22.

Normal User Long term follower

It's trash.