Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34
    Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaydoe View Post
    Riots Erupt in Greece After Cops Shoot and Kill Boy, 16
    Saturday, December 06, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:

ATHENS, Greece — Rioting has erupted in central Athens after police reportedly shot and killed a 16-year-old boy.

Witnesses say the violence began Saturday evening when youths in the Exarchia neighborhood of the capital attacked a police car with rocks and firebombs, and one of the officers inside fired a weapon that seriously wounded the teenage boy.

Two Greek TV stations say the youth was rushed to a hospital but died upon arrival.

The news enraged hundreds of youths in the area who began rioting by attacking other police cars in the area with stones and firebombs. Police have responded by firing tear gas at the crowd, evacuating some restaurants in the area, and closing some streets to all traffic.
    Little fuckers were probably trying to siege Aventurine offices for beta accounts.

Signature is experiencing technical difficulties, please stay tuned.

1000+

aventurine has their office about 30km far from the downtown ( exarhia ) where we had this incident.

bad news but was a usual phenomenon for exarhia square . there are living many anarchists and provocateurs .

Normal User EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    QQ more and get off the internet.
    I see much argumentation in your unswers..
    Lack of argumentation often means lack of interest on the topic (then why you answered) or lack of intelligence, or just superficiality.
    You choose..
    You laugh 'cause I'm different..I laugh 'cause you're all the same..

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Phovos View Post
    aventurine has their office about 30km far from the downtown ( exarhia ) where we had this incident.

bad news but was a usual phenomenon for exarhia square . there are living many anarchists and provocateurs .
    Not shit, if you know your PvPs and Sieging tactics then you should know that you rally up your toons a good distance from the siege. Clearly they were rallying up when Aventurine called in allies, ThePoPos, and omgwtf pwn'ed them before they even managed to get all their groups set up.

Also, lulz at their firebombs, those things got nothing against the +5 armors and +10 damage rifles ThePoPos got.

Noobs.

Signature is experiencing technical difficulties, please stay tuned.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by AmonDominus View Post
    If someone would throw bigass rocks and firebombs at me I'd shoot them too. No matter what age.
    Quoted for truth.

Bringing rocks to a gun fight is a great way to clean up the gene pool. Darwin would be proud. :P

As for the rioters it is with every angry mob: They just need a reason to go from angry to mobbing. Since we are short on vampires these days, they need a different excuse.

I'm hoping the guys at aventurine are ok. That's about all I care about the issue.

Edit: http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fo...Article=594872
    Last edited by Thunderstorm_BR; 12-07-2008 at 13:55.

Why where these "youths" attacking the police car with rocks and "firebombs" originally (the one that resulted in the officer shooting the child)?

Obviously I can't pass judgement without knowing more about the situation, but this is bad for both sides. I wish Americans had the balls of Europeans to riot when these police scandals came to light. I am saddened by the complacency of my often fat, stupid, and lazy countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Stupid kid, he got what he deserved.
    Wow, you're a real fucking idiot. You don't even know the facts of what happened, nor would you even if the media had reported on them (they obviously didn't cover what sparked this whole thing). Go fuck yourself with your judgemental bullshit. The cop could have easily shot at someone else, missed, and hit someone walking by. It happens all the fucking time.

Since you idiots are intent on typing this shit, and for it I hope you get banned, I'll share a short story. My friend was walking to college before the Seattle riots broke out. He was shot with a rubber bullet and tackled for walking to school, having nothing to do with the riots. I know A LOT of people with similiar stories. Cops are fucking idiots in most of the world, they only take the job because they are overly aggressive type A personalities, they have inferiority complexes which cause them to overreact, they are horribly undertrained, and many are eager to engage in violence. Stupid + likes violence = the wrong people get hurt a lot.

Here is what I found:

Security forces fired tear gas to disperse rioters following the death of the teenager, aged 15 or 16. A police statement said the shooting occurred after a patrol car came under attack by youths throwing stones and other objects. Two officers and the local police chief have been suspended and an inquiry is underway.
    Source.

I've read multiple sources stating they don't even know this boy's age, meaning obviously all the facts are NOT in. Some youths were throwing rocks, but nobody has confirmed if the boy was involved. I believe these moltov cocktails came AFTER the boy was shot during the riots it sparked, because most sources do not mention "firebombs" in the original gunshot. Notice the officers are under investigation and the boss of the officers offered to resign.
    Last edited by antihero-zero; 12-07-2008 at 14:16.
    zero

"A good martial artist does not become tense, but ready. Not thinking, yet not dreaming. Ready for whatever may come. When the opponent expands, I contract. And when he contracts, I expand. And when there is an opportunity, I do not hit, it hits all by itself." - Bruce Lee

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaydoe View Post
    Riots Erupt in Greece After Cops Shoot and Kill Boy, 16
    Saturday, December 06, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:

ATHENS, Greece — Rioting has erupted in central Athens after police reportedly shot and killed a 16-year-old boy.

Witnesses say the violence began Saturday evening when youths in the Exarchia neighborhood of the capital attacked a police car with rocks and firebombs, and one of the officers inside fired a weapon that seriously wounded the teenage boy.

Two Greek TV stations say the youth was rushed to a hospital but died upon arrival.

The news enraged hundreds of youths in the area who began rioting by attacking other police cars in the area with stones and firebombs. Police have responded by firing tear gas at the crowd, evacuating some restaurants in the area, and closing some streets to all traffic.
    What if Alex was ur son?
    Just that

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by antihero-zero View Post
    Why where these "youths" attacking the police car with rocks and "firebombs" originally (the one that resulted in the officer shooting the child)?

Obviously I can't pass judgement without knowing more about the situation, but this is bad for both sides. I wish Americans had the balls of Europeans to riot when these police scandals came to light. I am saddened by the complacency of my often fat, stupid, and lazy countrymen.

Wow, you're a real fucking idiot. You don't even know the facts of what happened, nor would you even if the media had reported on them (they obviously didn't cover what sparked this whole thing). Go fuck yourself with your judgemental bullshit. The cop could have easily shot at someone else, missed, and hit someone walking by. It happens all the fucking time.

Since you idiots are intent on typing this shit, and for it I hope you get banned, I'll share a short story. My friend was walking to college before the Seattle riots broke out. He was shot with a rubber bullet and tackled for walking to school, having nothing to do with the riots. I know A LOT of people with similiar stories. Cops are fucking idiots in most of the world, they only take the job because they are overly aggressive type A personalities, they have inferiority complexes which cause them to overreact, they are horribly undertrained, and many are eager to engage in violence. Stupid + likes violence = the wrong people get hurt a lot.

Here is what I found:

Source.

I've read multiple sources stating they don't even know this boy's age, meaning obviously all the facts are NOT in. Some youths were throwing rocks, but nobody has confirmed if the boy was involved. I believe these moltov cocktails came AFTER the boy was shot during the riots it sparked, because most sources do not mention "firebombs" in the original gunshot. Notice the officers are under investigation and the boss of the officers offered to resign.
    Alex was 15 years old. He wasn't a member of any anarchy group. He was out with some of his friends for a drink. The cop parked the car and returned and shot him on cold blood...That is a murder...

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Phovos View Post

That's good to know! haha
    Hope, progress, and growth spring from the crypt of realized fallacies

[LoD]

Normal User

It seems there are several versions to that story. We'll probably never know which one is true. But what the mob is doing there is completely unrelated and apolitical. They just needed a reason.