Page 1 of 9 12 ... LastLast
    12,000+

Default Can anyone show me how CO2 released by humans causes GW?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztvxGbH8Mqw

I tend to agree with these guys. Where is the proof that 2% of CO2 that humanity produces has any effect. Where is the science behind it? Where are the concrete numbers that show exactly by how much we increase it?
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"

Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post

I tend to agree with these guys. Where is the proof that 2% of CO2 that humanity produces has any effect. Where is the science behind it? Where are the concrete numbers that show exactly by how much we increase it?
    Just do the research yourself, it is easy.

Step 1: Collect 3 months worth of farts in jars

Step 2: ??????

Step 3: Profit
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindorn
    The posts of Carl do not represent the views or policies of Dark Carnival!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvarkian
    Forumfall isn't the place to showcase your incredible talent at trolling. Oh, who am I kidding.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Ragadamn View Post
    Just do the research yourself, it is easy.

Step 1: Collect 3 months worth of farts in jars

Step 2: ??????

Step 3: Profit
    Step 4: Post steps on forumfall so some other idiotic fuck will try it.

1000+

Those Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks aren't cheap. Only one needs the power supply of Australia for 44 minutes, out of its sheer force

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Waste View Post
    Step 4: Post steps on forumfall so some other idiotic fuck will try it.
    Bahahahahaha. I wonder if it works though..

4000+

Interesting video.

Does make me now wonder why the media and government are all "global warming, everyone cut back!!!"

hmmm, what conspiracy could there be involving global warming.

2000+ Long term follower

heh, unfortunately, all you're going to get is discredit of those two gentlemen and the fact that global warming is a scientific consenus known worldwide except by those who are religious, republican, fascist, or a combination of any three...

I tend to agree that it's REALLY REALLY hard to connect the dots to human CO2 causing the global warming trend. I've read white papers from various scientists, and it's so hard to even interpret the results without having some sort of agenda. The data right now is within 2 std devs for global warming that it's hard to tell if it's a trend or simply a slight variation. Then, to correlate that to CO2 output is even further blurry, but these people taken it a third step and link causation to not only CO2, but the specific CO2 emitted by humans.

These people would be better served to make the arguement that our environmental impacts are causing global weather change patterns that we just don't know what will happen. Now, THAT's a bus I could potentially jump on.
    " ... I fail to see how hoarding away profits under another accounting name like "operating expenses" is somehow supposed to make me feel like Exxon is a mom and pop shop just getting by."
    -Arius Droc

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by m0j0mann View Post
    PutinTank will end global warming.
    That's your solution to everything.

It works though.

6000+

Cool

ummm...there's much more to it all than just CO2

but i know that some don't like what passes for their "thinking" to be cluttered up with shit like....facts
    QFT -- survived JTT -- "little less hostile please" - Viranth -- Doc's radio

"I can't say what I want to, even if I'm not serious..." - TooL

12,000+

Quote Originally Posted by DocGonzo View Post
    ummm...there's much more to it all than just CO2

but i know that some don't like what passes for their "thinking" to be cluttered up with shit like....facts
    What is this much more?

6000+

Cool

the Persecution rests...
    QFT -- survived JTT -- "little less hostile please" - Viranth -- Doc's radio

"I can't say what I want to, even if I'm not serious..." - TooL

12,000+

So why you in this thread? Just to show off that you are a retard that can't build an argument?

Banned

What is this much more?
    Well, logically speaking I think that by saying it's "much more" we can eliminate things like "much less" and "a lower number than." Also, you might want to consider striking "equal to" and "about the same number as" off your list, as these clearly do not fit into the "much more" category. Hope that helps.

1000+

I personally think any major effect that humans have on the environmental temperature would be caused by large stone or metal structures. Freaking heat batteries.
    Now these points of data make a beautiful line.

12,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Waste View Post
    Well, logically speaking I think that by saying it's "much more" we can eliminate things like "much less" and "a lower number than." Also, you might want to consider striking "equal to" and "about the same number as" off your list, as these clearly do not fit into the "much more" category. Hope that helps.
    So there is no evidence as to what this much more is? So you waste your breath acting like a retard?

2000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Leonon View Post
    I personally think any major effect that humans have on the environmental temperature would be caused by large stone or metal structures. Freaking heat batteries.
    DING DING DING DING

We have a billion zimbabwe dollar winnar right here!

The fact that deforestation to put those cities there also accelerates erosion and other natural processes. Then again, I believe humans > * and whatever it takes to get us going in the short term will enable us to live and adapt for the long term.
    " ... I fail to see how hoarding away profits under another accounting name like "operating expenses" is somehow supposed to make me feel like Exxon is a mom and pop shop just getting by."
    -Arius Droc