Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
    1000+

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I fear that I will lag A LOT when I play Darkfall. I've played some mods for Half-life 2 mods and most of them I lag like hell in. If those are anything to go by, I'm pretty sure I will lag more than I can possibly imagine.... But, on the other hand, most MMO's(WoW, SWG, and a few others) and MMOFPS's (Warrock, Planetside - I lagged some of it was a really big battle) I play/played I didn't lag much.

So, my question is: Is lagging in Pirate, Vikings, and Knights (HL2 mod) mean I will lag in Darkfall?
    Well the Source engine is cpu heavy, performance might differ

Normal User

My 7600GT doesnt lag at all in HL2. Thats pretty old and will be cheap as hell,. but i suggest getting better than that like and 86 or 8800. maybe higher. I will probably get a new pc for this game aswell. As for net, if u dont lag on most MMO's (WoW basically) then u should be fine, in my opinion, on this game.

2000+

Booya, 76 is good enough for me. At least its not triple digits

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
    it is poor people's fault for being poor

Normal User

1000+

meh, heres mine
    "The more I study science, the more I believe in God"
    -Albert Einstein

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Callaen View Post
    Wow, congratulations. You're the first person in this thread, I think, to post your results that actually chose a location that kinda makes sense. Seriously people, all you have to do is click on a city near where the SERVER will be, not a city near YOU.

You should try Germany though as that's where the beta server is. Also, there's no reason to assume that Greece will be where the servers end up at when they launch. From what I hear, Greece has pretty crappy internet connections so I would imagine they'd choose a different location.
    I make music at www.joshmcneill.com.
    I make hip hop music at www.penanonymous.com.
    I offend people at www.chipmonkownsyou.com.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Traep View Post
    Wow, congratulations. You're the first person in this thread, I think, to post your results that actually chose a location that kinda makes sense. Seriously people, all you have to do is click on a city near where the SERVER will be, not a city near YOU.

You should try Germany though as that's where the beta server is. Also, there's no reason to assume that Greece will be where the servers end up at when they launch. From what I hear, Greece has pretty crappy internet connections so I would imagine they'd choose a different location.
    i tried germany because of what you said... i wonder how good my connection will be...
    "The more I study science, the more I believe in God"
    -Albert Einstein

2000+ Long term follower

Cause they surely won't have a server located in the US.... That would be dumb.

Lolzzzz
    -Kin KthxDie

Quote Originally Posted by Khahan View Post
    Gowel, ever see the movie Jesus's Son? Your new name is Fuckhead, because everything you touch turns to shit.

1000+ Long term follower

You've got a 5mbps connection. You should be fine, as long as you are the only computer connected to your network.

Make sure you don't have any torrents, or limewire running in the background as these will slow down your computer and connection exponentially.
    He who knows others is clever;
    He who knows himself has discernment.
    He who overcomes others has force;
    He who overcomes himself has strength.
    He who knows contentment is rich;
    He who perserveres in action has purpose.
    Not to lose one's station is to endure;
    Not to be forgotten when dead is long lived.