Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54
  1. #1
    5000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    5,806

    Default lawyer claims breathalyzers are keeping the black man down, calls them "KKK in a box"

    http://www.connpost.com/ci_11021578


    a lawyer representing a black man arrested for drunk driving is claiming that breathalyzers discriminate against black people, saying "They are KKK in a box," and "We really have some racist machines here."

    his client was arrested for drunk driving after he blew a 0.188. the legal limit is 0.08.

    the lawyer claims the lung capacity of a black man is 3 percent smaller than a white man and, therefore, black men's test results vary from the sobriety standard set by the device.








    god damn machines, always trying to keep a playa down!




    -------------------------------------------------------------------------



    A lawyer representing a man arrested in Fairfield for drunken driving says the state's breathalyzers discriminate against black people.

    "They are KKK in a box," said lawyer James O. Ruane of Shelton. "We really have some racist machines here."

    Ruane represents Tyrone Brown, 40, of Burritt Avenue, Norwalk, who was arrested April 9 by the state police on Interstate 95 in Fairfield and charged with drunken driving.

    A breath analysis administered at state police Troop G in Bridgeport found Brown had a blood-alcohol content of 0.188. The legal limit is 0.08.

    In a motion filed Tuesday in Superior Court, Ruane asked a judge to suppress his client's breathalyzer test results, contending the device used by the state police, and most other local police departments, the Intoxilyzer 5000, discriminates against blacks. Brown is an African-American.

    Assistant State's Attorney Mark Durso declined comment on the motion.

    Ruane claims the lung capacity of a black man is 3 percent smaller than a white man and, therefore, black men's test results vary from the sobriety standard set by the device.

    He said Dr. Michael Hlastala, a lung physiologist at the University of Washington, examined research of other lung physiologists and, based on his studies, has determined the Intoxilyzer 5000 does not effectively test the blood-alcohol content of black men.

    "He looked at all the research and came up with the bigger picture and found the common thread," he said.

    Ruane said he intends to have Hlastala testify on Brown's behalf.

    "The data is very clear," he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Darwin
    "Ignorance begets confidence, more so than does knowledge."
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyldor Gwyvallt
    UK made Saudi Arabia a monarchy so they could take over the middle east

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Shipwrecked Pirate
    (Guild User)
    Long term follower
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oil Country
    Posts
    3,311

    Default

    /sigh

    Oh yeah, those people are really helping the black man's cause...
    Spoiler

  4. #4
    1000+
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Merica'
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    if his lung capacity was 3% less that wouldnt.... double his blood alcohol level
    "The more I study science, the more I believe in God"
    -Albert Einstein


  5. #5
    Shipwrecked Pirate
    (Guild User)
    Long term follower
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oil Country
    Posts
    3,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty l3um View Post
    if his lung capacity was 3% less that wouldnt.... double his blood alcohol level
    ...even if the lung capacity factoid is true, it seems debatable whether that would actually effect the results at all. Still, that's not the point... the point is that there are those in the black community that would rather blame stupid little shit like this than take a look at the guy driving around drunk off his ass.
    Spoiler

  6. #6
    1000+
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Merica'
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtra View Post
    ...even if the lung capacity factoid is true, it seems debatable whether that would actually effect the results at all. Still, that's not the point... the point is that there are those in the black community that would rather blame stupid little shit like this than take a look at the guy driving around drunk off his ass.
    very true...

    http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shir...-barack-obama/
    "The more I study science, the more I believe in God"
    -Albert Einstein


  7. #7

  8. #8
    1000+ US1 Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    1,590

    Default

    Damn, this cracks me up. I could never have imagined a connection between breathalyzers and KKK. We have to admit, that lawyer has a powerful imagination.

  9. #9
    2000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Australia, NSW
    Posts
    2,385

    Default

    Wait, would that actually make a difference? Because if the lungs are 3% smaller (I assume that's what they mean by capacity) then they would get 3% less blood flow, and therefore the ratio should still be correct. Right?

    Anyway, don't they have to do a blood test for it to be a proper test? I know that's what has to happen here, because of a few problems with some foods showing up on the breathalyzer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Villa View Post
    While proper spelling and grammar are not essential for posting on a forum, it does help to stop you coming across as the local village idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Septus View Post
    He's not a fucking candy dispenser. If you say something useful, he'll discuss. If you act like a fucking retard, he'll troll you to magnify your idiocy.

  10. #10
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spart View Post
    Wait, would that actually make a difference? Because if the lungs are 3% smaller (I assume that's what they mean by capacity) then they would get 3% less blood flow, and therefore the ratio should still be correct. Right?

    Anyway, don't they have to do a blood test for it to be a proper test? I know that's what has to happen here, because of a few problems with some foods showing up on the breathalyzer.
    Think it is at the discretion of the person. Or is that a urine test?

  11. #11
    3000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    3,396

    Default

    And people wonder why there are still racists...


    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    the filter is there for your protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    Fuck you I like having emotions and occasionally talking about girly things
    Date of Death: June 18, 2064.

  12. #12
    6000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Former Beta Tester
    Posts
    6,078

    Default

    If they were just going on breath odor factor, yeah...

    But having bad breath isn't a rascist thing as it is a what you eat and drink thing.
    <a href=http://unitedpirates.org/images/mysig.gif target=_blank>http://unitedpirates.org/images/mysig.gif</a>

    Forumfall: Flames we can believe in...

  13. #13
    2000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,445

    Default

    That 3% less lung capacity stuff is bullcrap, if that was true than black people would run out of breath before white guys in stuff like basket ball and track
    /puff bubble pipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Realbigdeal22 View Post
    I actually was a churchgoing Catholic till i was about 15 i still hold many of their morals true except their very conservative attitude towards ... masturbation i tend to disagree with that on a daily basis...
    Would saying I survived Young People Fucking be in bad taste?

  14. #14
    2000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Australia, NSW
    Posts
    2,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IthroZada View Post
    That 3% less lung capacity stuff is bullcrap, if that was true than black people would run out of breath before white guys in stuff like basket ball and track
    ... No... It would affect them in things like swimming, as you have to time your breaths in that. In Basket ball and track, where you don't hold your breath, it would make no difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Villa View Post
    While proper spelling and grammar are not essential for posting on a forum, it does help to stop you coming across as the local village idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Septus View Post
    He's not a fucking candy dispenser. If you say something useful, he'll discuss. If you act like a fucking retard, he'll troll you to magnify your idiocy.

  15. #15
    1000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    PHILLY
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    this is probably even better than the official demanding an apology for the usage of "black hole"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •