Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Is this normal?

  1. #1
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default Is this normal?

    I don't register to forums left and right, but I just registered to the Truespace, (an animating program), forum and got a message that my application would be reviewed by the mods. I expected to have to confirm my e-mail but this seems kind of ridiculous. Do they have such a huge problem with obscene user names that they have to check each one before allowing it through? Has anyone else encountered something like this?

  2. #2
    4000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest, USA
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    yeah, it ain't that weird.
    DELICIOUS
    "Vendor buy bank guards." - Trad.
    Join the Cybernations Darkfall Alliance.

  3. #3
    8000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis IN
    Posts
    8,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jegan23 View Post
    I don't register to forums left and right, but I just registered to the Truespace, (an animating program), forum and got a message that my application would be reviewed by the mods. I expected to have to confirm my e-mail but this seems kind of ridiculous. Do they have such a huge problem with obscene user names that they have to check each one before allowing it through? Has anyone else encountered something like this?
    Yes, I have been to forums like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindorn
    The posts of Carl do not represent the views or policies of Dark Carnival!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvarkian
    Forumfall isn't the place to showcase your incredible talent at trolling. Oh, who am I kidding.

  4. #4
    3000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,367

    Default

    Try the Tweakguides forums.

  5. #5
    1000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    I see someone left the noob gate open again. Carry your ass back down to Advanced Darkfall Discussions

    Oh and welcome to Darkfall !

    Skree
    YoUR bLOoD IS wARm AnD SAltY, YouR maRRoW yELlOw aNd SuCCulanT, YOur sOUl RiPE fOR THe HarVEsT.

    I liKE tO LEaVe fOOd sITtiNg OUt SO flIEs cAN laY eGgz in IT. i EAt tHE EGgz sO i CaN sHIt MaGgOTz fARmINg GolD.

  6. #6
    4000+
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cleverland
    Posts
    4,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skree View Post
    I see someone left the noob gate open again. Carry your ass back down to Advanced Darkfall Discussions

    Oh and welcome to Darkfall !

    Skree
    yeh you tell him,

    skree

  7. #7
    5000+ GFH_Spike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    5,020

    Default

    That's reasonably normal, but it's still unreasonable.
    http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2559/zebrahitlerie8.gif
    "Do not kick poor Spike, for he is old and weak and cannot harm you."
    Killer 86%/Explorer 73%/Achiever 20%/Socializer 20%
    Previously playing Shadowbane with The Crimson Brotherhood

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    by the tree
    Posts
    3,903

    Default

    When did forumfall become a replacement for good old fashioned research?

  9. #9
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Capricious View Post
    When did forumfall become a replacement for good old fashioned research?
    This is research. I got the information I needed promptly. Problem solved.

  10. #10
    5000+
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Yggdrasil
    Posts
    5,320

    Default

    We will replace google one day.

    Killer 106.67% Socializer 46.67% Explorer 6o% Achiever 13.33%

    As I hear the curses and growls of my enemies I cant help but smile, they actually thought I'd fight fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paro
    Xinnro can go to hell.

  11. #11
    8000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis IN
    Posts
    8,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Wolf View Post
    We will replace google one day.
    we can change the name of forumfall to JackassSearch, where you get the info you want in the most dick way possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindorn
    The posts of Carl do not represent the views or policies of Dark Carnival!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvarkian
    Forumfall isn't the place to showcase your incredible talent at trolling. Oh, who am I kidding.

  12. #12
    1000+
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,410

    Default

    I tried to register on a forum that banned gmail, yahoo, and hotmail address. I think i used an old aol address, it worked but i was banned before i could post.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownFoot View Post
    fine, I will. You owe me a sig quote tizzy.

  13. #13
    3000+
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TizzyFoe View Post
    I tried to register on a forum that banned gmail, yahoo, and hotmail address. I think i used an old aol address, it worked but i was banned before i could post.
    they knew you were a forumfaller, thats why.
    Yeah

  14. #14
    8000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis IN
    Posts
    8,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TizzyFoe View Post
    I tried to register on a forum that banned gmail, yahoo, and hotmail address. I think i used an old aol address, it worked but i was banned before i could post.
    I thought you died in a tragic thresher accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindorn
    The posts of Carl do not represent the views or policies of Dark Carnival!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvarkian
    Forumfall isn't the place to showcase your incredible talent at trolling. Oh, who am I kidding.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    by the tree
    Posts
    3,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Ragadamn View Post
    we can change the name of forumfall to JackassSearch, where you get the info you want in the most dick way possible.
    We should have a photoshop contest ala cracked.com.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •