Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    14,000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sonic Drive-in
    Posts
    14,563

    Default Another day, another bailout

    http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...&dist=hplatest

    Who gets to feed from the government (taxpayer) trough next?

    Tea-Bagging since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by Ches View Post
    Im voteing Obama
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc
    God damn newbie trolls...try harder next time.

  2. #2
    1000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    PHILLY
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    Whoever fails next, it's a race!

  3. #3
    1000+
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Merica'
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    i wish i owned a huge company so i could run it into the ground and get money thrown at me by the government... PRINT BABY PRINT
    "The more I study science, the more I believe in God"
    -Albert Einstein


  4. #4
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    under Wife's paw
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty l3um View Post
    i wish i owned a huge company so i could run it into the ground and get money thrown at me by the government... PRINT BABY PRINT
    They are not print money ignoramus. They are taking money from citizens and just giving it to the corporations.
    “The Great Depression, like most other periods of severe unemployment, was produced by government mismanagement rather than by any inherent instability of the private economy.” - Milton Friedman

    In God we trust.
    Everyone else...keep your hands where I can see them.

  5. #5
    12,000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC, Beta Tester
    Posts
    12,845

    Default

    Bwahaha again it seems anti free market tools are wrong. Did I not say in the other thread that the money will not come from the 700 billion bailout. Fuck man they will still argue after this.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"


    Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

  6. #6
    1000+
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Merica'
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
    They are not print money ignoramus. They are taking money from citizens and just giving it to the corporations.
    Wow you must really not understand what is going on. do you think they have the bills on hand right now? do you think that they will take this money from taxpayers immediately? no you kids will still be paying for this, but the bills are needed in circulation now
    Last edited by Dirty l3um; 11-20-2008 at 19:42.
    "The more I study science, the more I believe in God"
    -Albert Einstein


  7. #7
    2000+
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BEHIND YOU!
    Posts
    2,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
    They are not print money ignoramus. They are taking money from citizens and just giving it to the corporations.

    Umm yes they are..they are borrowing it and printing it, not raising taxes.

    But printing money is taking wealth from everyone who currently owns dollars so in a way your both right....

  8. #8

    Default

    I hope Ben gets frequent flyer miles on his helicopter.

  9. #9
    Normal User US1 Player
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaleOne View Post
    Umm yes they are..they are borrowing it and printing it, not raising taxes.

    But printing money is taking wealth from everyone who currently owns dollars so in a way your both right....
    QFT

    Anyone who thinks America has 700 billion to throw at companies needs to research a little more. Our government is flat broke and by printing and borrowing the money for this non-sense we are lowering the value of the dollar which is an invisible tax on the American people.


    [23:31] <Vax> mork very well might be the coolest f***ing dude in this channel
    [23:31] <Vax> bask in his awesomeness

  10. #10

    Default

    I thought the 700 billion bailout was bad, I still think that was a bad idea. If you look at what AIG is doing with their part of it, it's stupid. I think the auto bailout is good "in some ways". Truthfully if we give money to someone we should have a government official in there telling them what to do with the money, so the tax payer money isn't wasted like it has been.
    Quote Originally Posted by mercnet View Post
    Wall of text crits your eyes for 10000000 mental damage.
    Your eyes begin to bleed.
    You are blind.
    Pain and suffering strike at you but miss. (x3)
    You are dead.
    Please wait.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flashbanger View Post
    I thought the 700 billion bailout was bad, I still think that was a bad idea.
    I think the bank bailout has been retracted. Frankly I'm confused about it, because the media discussed it like it happened, and now they discuss it like it has been retracted. I believe the government is sitting on that money trying to decide what to do with it. The consensus seems to be to leave it for Obama so everyone can use that to justify blaming him 6 months after we've all forgotten what started the economic problems.
    zero


    "A good martial artist does not become tense, but ready. Not thinking, yet not dreaming. Ready for whatever may come. When the opponent expands, I contract. And when he contracts, I expand. And when there is an opportunity, I do not hit, it hits all by itself." - Bruce Lee

  12. #12
    1000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antihero-zero View Post
    I think the bank bailout has been retracted. Frankly I'm confused about it, because the media discussed it like it happened, and now they discuss it like it has been retracted. I believe the government is sitting on that money trying to decide what to do with it. The consensus seems to be to leave it for Obama so everyone can use that to justify blaming him 6 months after we've all forgotten what started the economic problems.
    Without looking it up, the last numbers I saw were like 300-350bil wasn't out the door yet.

    Skree
    YoUR bLOoD IS wARm AnD SAltY, YouR maRRoW yELlOw aNd SuCCulanT, YOur sOUl RiPE fOR THe HarVEsT.

    I liKE tO LEaVe fOOd sITtiNg OUt SO flIEs cAN laY eGgz in IT. i EAt tHE EGgz sO i CaN sHIt MaGgOTz fARmINg GolD.

  13. #13
    1000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The lounge
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slypieguy View Post
    http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...&dist=hplatest

    Who gets to feed from the government (taxpayer) trough next?
    this is not new at all slype, this has been being discussed for like a month now.
    Dear Duncandun, ONE - You may not excessively communicate the same idea...
    -------
    Don't post stupid shit.
    Love,
    -Brannoc
    -------

  14. #14
    14,000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sonic Drive-in
    Posts
    14,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncandun View Post
    this is not new at all slype, this has been being discussed for like a month now.
    Lol, not new? Find me a link before noonish today that shows confirmation of a bailout for the automakers. Oh that's right, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

    Tea-Bagging since 1995

    Quote Originally Posted by Ches View Post
    Im voteing Obama
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc
    God damn newbie trolls...try harder next time.

  15. #15
    4000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest, USA
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slypieguy View Post
    http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...&dist=hplatest

    Who gets to feed from the government (taxpayer) trough next?
    I'm guessing it won't ever be me.
    DELICIOUS
    "Vendor buy bank guards." - Trad.
    Join the Cybernations Darkfall Alliance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •