Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73
  1. #31

    Default

    Nuclear power isn't as OMG dangerous as we're often led to believe.
    Fission kind of does produce waste, but supposedly fusion doesn't.


    Oh and..

    Warp Power
    /thread

  2. #32
    6000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,650

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanpinard View Post
    Fission kind of does produce waste, but supposedly fusion doesn't.


    Oh and..

    Warp Power
    /thread
    but Cap'n.....the dilithium crystals cannae handle the strain!
    QFT -- survived JTT -- "little less hostile please" - Viranth -- Doc's radio

    "I can't say what I want to, even if I'm not serious..." - TooL

  3. #33
    2000+
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    2,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DocGonzo View Post
    true...but first Mother Nature, bitch that she is...wipes most everything out and takes a few hundred thousand years to sort out what's next to try

    now, if She really wanted to be sneaky...she might do something small this time to remove the irritant...like, some virus that kills off the offender's resistance to everything else out there....spread via sex or some such to ensure maximum dispersion to cut the population down to a manageable size while She figures it out....

    oh....wait!
    No need for viruses, we have FEMA death camps

  4. #34
    8000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis IN
    Posts
    8,068

    Default

    [QUOTE=DocGonzo;1966940
    now i know, some folks say things like "yucca mountain" and the like...but seriously , steel barrels and concrete in a hill for thousands of years?

    ponder what one leak could do to ground water...

    i'm just sayin'...[/QUOTE]

    You know they picked yucca because the ground water does not leave the immediate area due to geographical restraints. I would contend that since the French and Japanese can run so much of their system on nuke power, we should probably look at expanding ours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindorn
    The posts of Carl do not represent the views or policies of Dark Carnival!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvarkian
    Forumfall isn't the place to showcase your incredible talent at trolling. Oh, who am I kidding.

  5. #35
    9000+
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ontop of your head
    Posts
    9,742

    Default

    I wish people would hurry the fuck up with researching nuclear power because I'm tired of having to conserve quite frankly, I don't mind Nuclear Power myself as long as it doesn't produce dangerous waste but I think we should be relying on Solar and Wind.

    Also, no I'm not some environmental nut, in fact I know full well for instance that the Japanese operate their nuclear plants like a military facility which is exactly the kind of discipline you need to run such a thing. But to be honest, I think until we discover fusion or another form of safer Nuclear Power we should stick with Solar and Wind which as it stands are much more reliable and could be harnassed pretty well if we developed some kind of storage to hold all of it, because so far it seems we can only turn this power on when we want to use something rather than just keep it on constantly.

    Plus I like the idea of having a clean and safe planet to walk around in that isn't dominated by smog clouds or radioactive areas, forget about global warming for a second and just look at the immediate effects, I don't consider that safe at all, I've always hated fossil fuels actually.
    Last edited by Lethn; 11-18-2008 at 08:01.
    It's Lethn...if he doesn't sound pissed off then there must be a rift in the space-time continuum - Ultimo
    According to fanbois in order for there to be no problems with an MMORPG you have to imagine it isn't there, well, they say ignorance is bliss.

  6. #36
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    97

    Default

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDeXT...eature=related

    i think noone looks at any of these links.. lol.
    nuclear? bah.
    Grandpa: That's right. When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today I'm gonna read it to you.

  7. #37
    6000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    6,650

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Ragadamn View Post
    You know they picked yucca because the ground water does not leave the immediate area due to geographical restraints. I would contend that since the French and Japanese can run so much of their system on nuke power, we should probably look at expanding ours.

    and where to the french and japanese and indians put their garbage?

    have a look...tell me what you think, and how long it's going to be "safe" as opposed to the actual half life of the materials....

    as for yucca....you are pretty gullible, eh?
    QFT -- survived JTT -- "little less hostile please" - Viranth -- Doc's radio

    "I can't say what I want to, even if I'm not serious..." - TooL

  8. #38
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    739

    Default

    There is no free energy. That's a fact, energy cannot be created any more than matter can, it doesn't happen, period. There is no government conspiracy preventing it. You guys sound like a bunch of crazies.

    Also fission could be groundbreaking, but fusion is not a technology we should be investing in. It's entire viability revolves around us finding a way to permanently deal with the waste in the future, if we don't, we'll eventually spend more money/energy handling the waste than we will have created from it. Think of fusion as an energy debt.

    Solar/Wind/Geothermal ect are what will work, biofuels too maybe, if we don't have another battery breakthrough soon. (Try and remember life before lithium ion batteries - imagine what the next breakthrough like that will do for electric cars)

    The idea of free energy is nice, but it's quite a bit more impossible than time travel.

  9. #39
    2000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Depends on the day
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    thermal energy
    made by rape energy
    /thread
    Manliest of men

  10. #40
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaeds View Post
    Spoiler
    Replace fission and fusion with each other. Dunno how I made that mistake.
    __________________

    e-warrior 101
    Spoiler

  11. #41
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaeds View Post
    There is no free energy. That's a fact, energy cannot be created any more than matter can, it doesn't happen, period. There is no government conspiracy preventing it. You guys sound like a bunch of crazies.

    Also fission could be groundbreaking, but fusion is not a technology we should be investing in. It's entire viability revolves around us finding a way to permanently deal with the waste in the future, if we don't, we'll eventually spend more money/energy handling the waste than we will have created from it. Think of fusion as an energy debt.

    Solar/Wind/Geothermal ect are what will work, biofuels too maybe, if we don't have another battery breakthrough soon. (Try and remember life before lithium ion batteries - imagine what the next breakthrough like that will do for electric cars)

    The idea of free energy is nice, but it's quite a bit more impossible than time travel.

    "Free" as in you dont have to invade third world countries to get it. "Free" as in you press the green button, and the motor goes for infinity without using anymore fuel than it took for you to press the green button(about half a doughnut). it's that kind of free. call it, "allmost effortless" if you want to be a dick about it.

  12. #42
    3000+
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanpinard View Post
    Fission kind of does produce waste, but supposedly fusion doesn't.
    Fusion doesn't work yet.

    Fully renewable is the only logical long-term solution, nuclear will just fuck up our grandkids.

    The sun pumps out more than enough energy every day to meet all our present and future energy needs, we just have to harness it.

    So: large-scale solar, wind, tidal, geothermal are the way to go, along with micro-generation (people having solar panels and/or wind turbines built into their houses).

    Plus we are energy-inefficient as fuck right now, especially you lazy fuckers in the US, get your shit together.

    we shouldn't still be burning dead plants for energy in the year 2008.

  13. #43
    9000+
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ontop of your head
    Posts
    9,742

    Default

    I missed when we actually had a chance of losing all our fossil fuel, for once I was actually seeing some genuinely intelligent thinking going on.
    It's Lethn...if he doesn't sound pissed off then there must be a rift in the space-time continuum - Ultimo
    According to fanbois in order for there to be no problems with an MMORPG you have to imagine it isn't there, well, they say ignorance is bliss.

  14. #44
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Fossil fuels r so damn inefficient, u have to refill ur car every like 5 hours of driving time, that's just damn annoying. And Nucleur energy may be relativly cheap but to store the nuclear waste rly doesn't pay off. We should make new technologies our standard soon, i hate these lame things that those rich bastards wanna pure down our throats. Why not have a Fusion reactor in every household already? Damn greedy richies.

    EDIT: Also check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efCelx7qe_M
    Last edited by Broockle; 11-18-2008 at 11:47.
    "I shall devour ur hearts and crap out ur souls"
    -Omega

  15. #45
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    97

    Default

    I already posted that link on page 2. hehe.
    Your wasteing your time with some of these guys here though.

    I have been working on one myself for a while now, which im sure is more than anything than the typical nay saying goon has remotely attempted since they think its 'impossible' and just accept and dismiss. Its been around for years guys... theirs a few that are functioning right as we speak in many places and some still trying to be marketed even. Wake up.

    It *isnt* a perpetial motion machine in the very true sense. Aside from requiring energy intially to even start, albeit small, it uses hardware and electronics to function.
    Its not a ball rolling continuiously across a table all by itself.... but whatever.

    I chalk it up to disinformation has been working wonders for the last 20+ years on the typical sheeple on this and continues still.

    Science is the art of not assuming you cant do anything. If that were the case we wouldnt have airplanes, spacecraft or anything else. In this case, it already exsists though and its been proven. Its real. Neeto.
    http://gammamanager.com/certific.html


    Anyways.
    If you liked that one Broockle, look at the link in my previous post (on this page).
    Cool stuff.
    =)
    *edit* here. hehe

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDeXT...eature=related

    Quote Originally Posted by Broockle View Post
    Fossil fuels r so damn inefficient, u have to refill ur car every like 5 hours of driving time, that's just damn annoying. And Nucleur energy may be relativly cheap but to store the nuclear waste rly doesn't pay off. We should make new technologies our standard soon, i hate these lame things that those rich bastards wanna pure down our throats. Why not have a Fusion reactor in every household already? Damn greedy richies.

    EDIT: Also check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efCelx7qe_M
    Last edited by halcyonskys; 11-18-2008 at 12:21.
    Grandpa: That's right. When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today I'm gonna read it to you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •