Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DocGonzo View Post
    what do you do with the very dangerous waste products?
    Shoot it into the sun!

Fossil fuels make too much money for some people that it'll never be given up until it runs dry.

/thread
    /thread
    Spoiler

6000+

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Peith View Post
    Shoot it into the sun!

Fossil fuels make too much money for some people that it'll never be given up until it runs dry.
    not the sun..i stick with the law of unintended consequences...

store it on the moon would work...it's there if we need it later, and can't bother anyone

now...how to get it there safely and economically?

good luck
    QFT -- survived JTT -- "little less hostile please" - Viranth -- Doc's radio

"I can't say what I want to, even if I'm not serious..." - TooL

Normal User

Slave based energy.

The usage would be twofold: Slaves will turn gargantuan wheels proucing mechanical energy, and when they die, they will be burnt, thus producing chemical energy.
    "There Is No Innocence, Only Degrees Of Guilt."

"Going against the mods is like going in a car with square wheels. You can do it, but it won't get you anywhere, and your ass will be aching."

6000+

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Devant View Post
    Slave based energy.

The usage would be twofold: Slaves will turn gargantuan wheels proucing mechanical energy, and when they die, they will be burnt, thus producing chemical energy.
    we could put them in pods, feed htem through tubes...and harness their bioheat/energy!!!

i bet we could make some machines to do that....

waitaminnit!

Normal User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs4GXH5Q3Rk

Free Energy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvB3PiPBozU

doubt the goverment/big biz will let us ever have such a thing.
    unfort oil is the big biz of the world, and they arent about to let it go.
    this technology isnt new.
    Last edited by halcyonskys; 11-18-2008 at 06:03.
    Grandpa: That's right. When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today I'm gonna read it to you.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by halcyonskys View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvB3PiPBozU

doubt the goverment/big biz will let us ever have such a thing.
    Isn't this still unproven to even work? Of course it could be a corporate coverup, but we have yet to see it actually work or get a professional physicists opinion, unless I'm behind on the news
    /puff bubble pipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Realbigdeal22 View Post
    I actually was a churchgoing Catholic till i was about 15 i still hold many of their morals true except their very conservative attitude towards ... masturbation i tend to disagree with that on a daily basis...
    Would saying I survived Young People Fucking be in bad taste?

Normal User

and if that wasnt fun enough...
    heres some hydrogen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DdC26Kea5w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjfONpsFvyM

so where are they?
    ask the goverment.

again.. nothing new. they just buy the patents up and then spread disinformation to make it sound unplausable.

What do you think the most powerful and wealthiest people in the world would do if you told them your going to make their income obsolete?
    What if their was no need for a power company to sell you energy to your home or buisness, or vehicles?
    Lets skip aside from the fact it doesnt harm the enviroment.
    People have killed people for a lot less reasons.
    The most we will see is them trying to mix these technologys WITH oil/petroleium based fuels.
    Nothing you can do about it.
    The world is based on money, greed and control.
    Last edited by halcyonskys; 11-18-2008 at 06:16.
    Grandpa: That's right. When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today I'm gonna read it to you.

4000+

A great many things can be said about Washington, but having a poor energy management system is not among them. We get about 73% of our power from purely renewable sources, another 10% from nuclear. Natural gas and coal make up the last 20% but they're slowly getting phased out. Funny thing is that we could go to 90% or more hydro but we sell a lot of that energy to California so we have to make it up with other sources. We've got precisely one metric fuckton of potential for geothermal development though, I really think we ought to look into that, there's a good penny to be made in catering to the ecofags who want to use 'clean' energy.

Nuclear isn't a godly choice either, there is a limited amount of fuel and waste is difficult to store.
    DARKFALL RULES AND IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE YOU'RE A SCRUB SO GO BACK TO WOW.

6000+

Cool

now this is the best/simplest magnetic motor bit i've seen...

the guy they are talking to seems like a complete nutbar, but the simplicity of the final experiment, and how obviously it works is pretty impressive...

makes me want to build it myself and try...

Normal User

Electromagnetic Over Unity Power Plant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDeXT...eature=related

Thiers lots of it available to see just by searchign for it.
    But again goverments wont let it be sold or marketted.
    Same old, same old. Thiers not much money to be had by the richest people on the globe in free energy.

Quote Originally Posted by IthroZada View Post
    Isn't this still unproven to even work? Of course it could be a corporate coverup, but we have yet to see it actually work or get a professional physicists opinion, unless I'm behind on the news
    Last edited by halcyonskys; 11-18-2008 at 06:59.

Normal User Long term follower

What a hippie wiki

It doesn't really explain much does it for pros of fossil fuel? Then it rewords and double lists some of the cons... zzzz bias

Ex: For every gallon of oil we consume in energy we get 12x back to pump...
    For every gallon of ethonol through corn we produce we get 1.1 gallons meaning we really only get 10% more energy than it takes to make the fuel but thats not all folks ethonol only contains 2/3 of the ammount of energy as a gallon of gasoline, yet last time I looked without government subs it would cost 5-6$ per gallon...

Now granted if we were smarter like Brazil we would try sugar or the best yet I heard was seaweed. I havn't researched what it takes to make a gallon of ethonol through sugar in brazil but I bet its a fraction of the cost somewhere like 2-3$ per gallon.

Right now a gallon of gas here in Texas is 1.85$

As far as nuclear energy I'm down wit dat, they could probally refine the process even further if we dumped money in it after all in the states we've been crying about nnnnnnnucccllearrrr powerrrrmannnnnnn its the end of the world mannnnnnn leaks and 4 eye'd fish!

2000+

I say we tap the Yellowstone magma pool that's supposedly waiting to become the next super-volcano.

Normal User

How about we all stop fucking worry and let the earth repair itself, it did it with the ice age. Srsly
    <a href=http://imageshack.us target=_blank>[img=http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/457/rhyssigsp1.gif]</a>
<a href=http://g.imageshack.us/img152/rhyssigsp1.gif/1/ target=_blank>[img=http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/rhyssigsp1.gif/1/w500.png]</a>
    -= Harlequin =-
    If practise makes perfect, and no body's perfect, why practise?

6000+

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    How about we all stop fucking worry and let the earth repair itself, it did it with the ice age. Srsly
    true...but first Mother Nature, bitch that she is...wipes most everything out and takes a few hundred thousand years to sort out what's next to try

now, if She really wanted to be sneaky...she might do something small this time to remove the irritant...like, some virus that kills off the offender's resistance to everything else out there....spread via sex or some such to ensure maximum dispersion to cut the population down to a manageable size while She figures it out....

oh....wait!