View Poll Results: What was ur favoirte RTS ever?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starcraft

    20 31.25%
  • Warcraft

    7 10.94%
  • Command and Conquere: Tibererium Sun

    0 0%
  • Command and Conquere: Tiberium Wars

    1 1.56%
  • Red Alert 2

    4 6.25%
  • Total Anihilation

    1 1.56%
  • Supreme Commander

    4 6.25%
  • Dune 2

    1 1.56%
  • Age of empires

    10 15.63%
  • Company of Heroes

    2 3.13%
  • Total War (any)

    13 20.31%
  • Anno

    0 0%
  • Rise of Nations

    1 1.56%
  • War Lords BattleCry

    0 0%
  • Any Warhammer RTS

    0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

Thread: Best RTS Poll

  1. #16
    19,000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    19,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinewire View Post
    It was better than DoW, but it harldy the best RST... then again i do have a hatered for grouped units.
    COH needs squads, if you had to control every soldier individually it'd be impossible to play.

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viluin View Post
    COH needs squads, if you had to control every soldier individually it'd be impossible to play.
    I like alot of micro in my RTS games
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite
    Your signature has been noted to be extraordinarily violent by several users, I agree. Please change it. =[

  3. #18
    6000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Former Beta Tester
    Posts
    6,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mons View Post
    You forgot the Earth series (2140 2150 the moon project and the lost planet and 2160 if im right)

    2150 first rts with 3d view and just an awesome game.
    Played 2160...I can understand how it could be forgotten...completely forgotten.

    In other words...it SUCKED.
    <a href=http://unitedpirates.org/images/mysig.gif target=_blank>http://unitedpirates.org/images/mysig.gif</a>

    Forumfall: Flames we can believe in...

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Played 2160...I can understand how it could be forgotten...completely forgotten.

    In other words...it SUCKED.
    agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite
    Your signature has been noted to be extraordinarily violent by several users, I agree. Please change it. =[

  5. #20
    7000+
    www.Forumfall.com Webmaster
    Long term follower
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    College Station,TX
    Posts
    8,428

    Default

    starcraft, i suppose. of course, blizz is going gay with the game, though, for the next version.

  6. #21
    19,000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    19,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinewire View Post
    I like alot of micro in my RTS games
    The micro would be impossible in COH with individual soldiers. You already need fucktons of micro to win a battle vs. a skilled opponent. Seriously, I played many games where there'd be sweat on my forehead near the end because of all the intense micro.

  7. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viluin View Post
    The micro would be impossible in COH with individual soldiers. You already need fucktons of micro to win a battle vs. a skilled opponent. Seriously, I played many games where there'd be sweat on my forehead near the end because of all the intense micro.
    They must have patched it quite abit since i first played it as there was not really much too it, maybe i should give it another bash.


    You probabaly sweat because you are over weight... lolz fat burn!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite
    Your signature has been noted to be extraordinarily violent by several users, I agree. Please change it. =[

  8. #23
    6000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Former Beta Tester
    Posts
    6,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viluin View Post
    The micro would be impossible in COH with individual soldiers. You already need fucktons of micro to win a battle vs. a skilled opponent. Seriously, I played many games where there'd be sweat on my forehead near the end because of all the intense micro.
    Haven't played outright CoH, Viluin.

    Got CoH: Opposing Fronts as a bonus when I bought my last video card though. I like it, DX 10 makes it look fucking sweet.

    Am I missing out by not having original CoH in my game collection?
    <a href=http://unitedpirates.org/images/mysig.gif target=_blank>http://unitedpirates.org/images/mysig.gif</a>

    Forumfall: Flames we can believe in...

  9. #24
    10,000+
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    10,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viluin View Post
    Anyone who doesn't vote for Company of Heroes obviously hasn't played it.
    CoH is a great game but I hate the feel of it since it's so... I dunno, sticky? Also, looks horrible in some cases (engy vs. engy battles). Also, the random factor in it makes it bad for competition.

    Darkfall is going to be an FPS, First Person Sworder, which means you're going to sword the first person you meet.

  10. #25
    4000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    4,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viluin View Post
    I played many games where there'd be sweat on my forehead near the end because of all the intense micro.
    for the love of god you fat lazy asshole, put down the cheese whizzzz and fucking go outside.

  11. #26
    19,000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    19,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinewire View Post
    They must have patched it quite abit since i first played it as there was not really much too it, maybe i should give it another bash.


    You probabaly sweat because you are over weight... lolz fat burn!
    You just weren't very good at it.

    - Putting your infantry in cover
    - Dodging artillery fire
    - Dodging grenades
    - Retreating wounded squads before they are wiped out
    - Flanking enemy squads and tanks
    - Making sure your tanks are facing the right way
    - Getting up close and personal with assault infantry without being wtfpwned in the process
    - Moving your tanks around to stay out of range of AT guns
    - Preventing your tanks from being flanked
    - Positioning your MGs correctly
    - Moving your MGs around (They're not meant to be stationary defenses)
    - Sniping priority targets (Enemy snipers, officers, MGs, mortar crews)
    - Killing cloaked enemy snipers (Counter-sniping / bikes / jeeps)
    - Capturing resource points (during combat)
    - Using the secondary abilities of your units (Grenades, suppression fire etc)

    All of this, and more, is done continuously throughout the entire game in nearly every battle. You will be doing all of this in multiple places at the same time (You can't have all of your forces in one place unless it's a really narrow map), all while sticking to a tight build order so as to not waste time. When done correctly, you can take out an enemy force that's 2-3 times bigger than yours without too much trouble.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Haven't played outright CoH, Viluin.

    Got CoH: Opposing Fronts as a bonus when I bought my last video card though. I like it, DX 10 makes it look fucking sweet.

    Am I missing out by not having original CoH in my game collection?
    Yes. The OF factions are gay. Wehrmacht is where it's at, the other factions are for pansies. Although Panzer Elite is the second best, I guess. The British are retarded.

    Make sure you play online though, campaign / skirmish is weak. I can steamroll an "Expert" AI player in like 6 minutes.
    Last edited by Viluin; 11-17-2008 at 16:34.

  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viluin View Post
    You just weren't very good at it.

    - Putting your infantry in cover
    - Dodging artillery fire
    - Dodging grenades
    - Retreating wounded squads before they are wiped out
    - Flanking enemy squads and tanks
    - Making sure your tanks are facing the right way
    - Getting up close and personal with assault infantry without being wtfpwned in the process
    - Moving your tanks around to stay out of range of AT guns
    - Preventing your tanks from being flanked
    - Positioning your MGs correctly
    - Moving your MGs around (They're not meant to be stationary defenses)
    - Sniping priority targets (Enemy snipers, officers, MGs, mortar crews)
    - Killing cloaked enemy snipers (Counter-sniping / bikes / jeeps)
    - Capturing resource points (during combat)
    - Using the secondary abilities of your units (Grenades, suppression fire etc)

    All of this, and more, is done continuously throughout the entire game in nearly every battle. You will be doing all of this in multiple places at the same time (You can't have all of your forces in one place unless it's a really narrow map), all while sticking to a tight build order so as to not waste time. When done correctly, you can take out an enemy force that's 2-3 times bigger than yours without too much trouble.
    Apart from my win to loss was always around 70% when it came out, listing things that need to be done during a game will be a bad idea vs WC3 imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite
    Your signature has been noted to be extraordinarily violent by several users, I agree. Please change it. =[

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helgeran View Post
    CoH is a great game but I hate the feel of it since it's so... I dunno, sticky? Also, looks horrible in some cases (engy vs. engy battles). Also, the random factor in it makes it bad for competition.
    This i how i felt about it too, it had the same clunky feel that DoW had with a bit of added depth. The random nature of WC3's attacks is something that i with they would change, it's not a huge amount in soem cases but i would still rather it was just a set amount.
    Last edited by Spinewire; 11-17-2008 at 16:39.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite
    Your signature has been noted to be extraordinarily violent by several users, I agree. Please change it. =[

  14. #29
    10,000+
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    10,614

    Default

    Yeah, listing shit to be done is silly. APM doesn't really tell you how good a game is just how hard it is to learn before the real mind games can start. I'm not really interested if I can hammer my keyboard faster than my opponent, I want to outsmart him. Sadly, you need a very good grasp of the metagame in Starcraft and a decent macro ability before you can even start using your brain. What's your APM in CoH Villuin?

    Darkfall is going to be an FPS, First Person Sworder, which means you're going to sword the first person you meet.

  15. #30
    19,000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    19,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spinewire View Post
    Apart from my win to loss was always around 70% when it came out, listing things that need to be done during a game will be a bad idea vs WC3 imo.
    During a game? That's all during a single battle, lol.

    When it first came out, people sucked at it. The skill level is much, much higher new. New strategies were developed, tons of patches balanced gameplay etc. Besides, you start out fighting vs. newbies until you reach a high level.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •