View Poll Results: Who Do You Think Will Win The New Space Race In Terms Of Speed and Achievements?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • United States

    14 24.56%
  • European Union

    8 14.04%
  • China

    12 21.05%
  • Japan

    1 1.75%
  • Russia

    1 1.75%
  • India

    1 1.75%
  • We'll be 2012'd before anything happens.

    20 35.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    maddox's basement
    Posts
    2,271

    Default Space Race 2: Sixsome On The Moon

    After reading H.G Wells' "First Men In The Moon", I felt interested in learning more about the future of moon landings. We all know of the Apollo program and nothing that happened after that in the 30 years since. We all know of the end of the Space Race after the soviets no longer became a power and nobody having the balls to compete with NASA.

    Since then though, many powers have become interested in a stake at space, with China launching a manned flight to the atmosphere and hurdling satellites becoming a daily activity.

    This article suggests that now, four more great powers are interested in the moon, them being China, Japan, India and the EU alongside Russia and the U.S.

    The EU plans to have a base up and running by 2024 with Russia having one by 2027 and with Cosmonauts there two years before. India has launched an unmanned flight a few weeks back. Japan has had the SELENE spacecraft there a year back and China is probably suppressing information and executing retired workers of their space program. The US has the Constellation program that aims at creating a new Orion spacecraft and having another person on the moon by 2019.

    So what are your thoughts on the future of moon exploration and programs? Who do you bet will achieve the most in this new race? Discuss Please.

  2. #2
    2000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,445

    Default

    India stuck a flag on the moon with an unmanned shuttle
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...fCfkwD94FEHMO0


    And China is supposed to have a space engine that should not exist..
    http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/09/ch...engines-2.html


    And space elevator is the future

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_elevator
    /puff bubble pipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Realbigdeal22 View Post
    I actually was a churchgoing Catholic till i was about 15 i still hold many of their morals true except their very conservative attitude towards ... masturbation i tend to disagree with that on a daily basis...
    Would saying I survived Young People Fucking be in bad taste?

  3. #3
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Being honest, and streching credulity. Since here on earth we only see one side of the moon. When we do see the other side you cannot see anything because the sun is behind it (eclipse.) I believe that the other side has a living race. Could be the reason we have'nt ventured back to the moon in 30 years. Some where theres an article on one of the astronauts who went to the moon. Saying basicaly that there was an encounter with another race.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    maddox's basement
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IthroZada View Post
    India stuck a flag on the moon with an unmanned shuttle
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...fCfkwD94FEHMO0


    And China is supposed to have a space engine that should not exist..
    http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2008/09/ch...engines-2.html


    And space elevator is the future

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_elevator
    space elevator is a longshot off, the chinese engine most likely will not happen and India can't compete with the US, China and EU for space dominance.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    maddox's basement
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nooby View Post
    Being honest, and streching credulity. Since here on earth we only see one side of the moon. When we do see the other side you cannot see anything because the sun is behind it (eclipse.) I believe that the other side has a living race. Could be the reason we have'nt ventured back to the moon in 30 years. Some where theres an article on one of the astronauts who went to the moon. Saying basicaly that there was an encounter with another race.
    Please link to the article, vote and sorry for DP.

  6. #6
    2000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockyraccoon View Post
    space elevator is a longshot off, the chinese engine most likely will not happen and India can't compete with the US, China and EU for space dominance.
    Its all just interesting space news, although your retorts are correct

    However, NASA has been underfunded for ages, luckily U.S. corporations are picking up the slack, what with commercial spaceflights and such
    /puff bubble pipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Realbigdeal22 View Post
    I actually was a churchgoing Catholic till i was about 15 i still hold many of their morals true except their very conservative attitude towards ... masturbation i tend to disagree with that on a daily basis...
    Would saying I survived Young People Fucking be in bad taste?

  7. #7
    9000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sweden!
    Posts
    9,758

    Default

    European Union!
    Fuck you.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    maddox's basement
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aragoni View Post
    Edit: EU!
    uhh they do have a European Space Agency that has launched a few projects but is still a piece of shit compared to NASA.

  9. #9

    Default

    India's space program is the weakest of the mentioned, nobody trusts the Chinese, the EU doesn't have the balls to do anything with the moon and NASA is way underfunded. Maybe if were lucky we'll make some space progress in the next hundred years.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    maddox's basement
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ungraylessness View Post
    India's space program is the weakest of the mentioned, nobody trusts the Chinese, the EU doesn't have the balls to do anything with the moon and NASA is way underfunded. Maybe if were lucky we'll make some space progress in the next hundred years.
    well i'm optimistic about this. also, didn't you hear? India had a successful unmanned moon mission a short while ago.

  11. #11
    Normal User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Commercialize space and we can all retire on the moon.

  12. #12
    2000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,048

    Default

    Who the fuck cares about our solar system? I want the hyperdrive invented so I can get the fuck outta here!
    http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7571/dredgonez6.jpg
    "Fear mortals for I have come"

  13. #13
    3000+
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    3,233

    Default

    If only countries put as much money into their space programmes as they did into their militaries. We'd be living on the moon right now!


  14. #14
    2000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nooby View Post
    Being honest, and streching credulity. Since here on earth we only see one side of the moon. When we do see the other side you cannot see anything because the sun is behind it (eclipse.) I believe that the other side has a living race. Could be the reason we have'nt ventured back to the moon in 30 years. Some where theres an article on one of the astronauts who went to the moon. Saying basicaly that there was an encounter with another race.
    If I was an alien on the moon I would be pissed that I was stuck always migrating to live forever in darkness on a rock with no conceivable resources to support organic life

    Unless I was a silicon based life form with a sever aversion to light, then that lifestyle would maybe be ok
    /puff bubble pipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Realbigdeal22 View Post
    I actually was a churchgoing Catholic till i was about 15 i still hold many of their morals true except their very conservative attitude towards ... masturbation i tend to disagree with that on a daily basis...
    Would saying I survived Young People Fucking be in bad taste?

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IthroZada View Post
    If I was an alien on the moon I would be pissed that I was stuck always migrating to live forever in darkness on a rock with no conceivable resources to support organic life

    Unless I was a silicon based life form with a sever aversion to light, then that lifestyle would maybe be ok
    How would you feel about not having any atmosphere?

    The answer should be China. If they become a world power, only China cares enough to spend countless cash monies for bragging rights.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •