Hybrid View

Normal User

Default Frequency Out of Range

I am just wondering if anyone could help me with this, im not sure what to do, nothing like this has ever happened.

Ok, I just downloaded the Left 4 Dead demo, and when I started it up my monitor went black and had an error message: "Frequency Out of Range, Try Another Resolution" and the numbers 72.0 KHz/ 71.9 Hz are set above it, this has never happened to any game ive played before, not even Gears of War, which was taxing on my comp. I just bought a new video card 4 months ago, its hardly out of date, a GeForce 8600, anyone with any information would be nice, thanks.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Nironoshi View Post
    I am just wondering if anyone could help me with this, im not sure what to do, nothing like this has ever happened.

Ok, I just downloaded the Left 4 Dead demo, and when I started it up my monitor went black and had an error message: "Frequency Out of Range, Try Another Resolution" and the numbers 72.0 KHz/ 71.9 Hz are set above it, this has never happened to any game ive played before, not even Gears of War, which was taxing on my comp. I just bought a new video card 4 months ago, its hardly out of date, a GeForce 8600, anyone with any information would be nice, thanks.
    fix your refresh rate and resolution and you'll be good to go. Do that thru either your nvidia drivers or right click desktop properties and from there

Normal User

Should I go up or down with the resolution and refresh rate, cause my refresh rate is at 85 atm, and resolution is fairly high.

6000+ Long term follower

I think 60Hz is pretty standard... I think.

Normal User

I just tried every resolution and refresh rate, and nothing worked, it keeps giving me the same error message. Normally id be ripping pissed, well I kinda am, but I wanna play this game, and I dont know what else to do.

1000+

lowering them should've fixed it try making a config file to override defaults i suppose