Banned

Default WOW WoTF not again xpac release!

Oh how i wish we could get a more firm release date.

I really, really don't want to buy the new WOW xpac and with the thought of beta starting around Nov 10th, I am anxious to get in as I am sure most everyone else is.

But alas, the odds of not getting in are probably greater than getting in. So, that leaves me with a game that we have been playing for almost 5yrs and 2 months (maybe more) before this one comes out.

Dilemma, if DFO sucks the big one in the same manner as DnDonline, LOTRonline, Hellfire, Conan and Warhammer (yes, i bought and tried them all) - then i really hate losing the 2 months that I could have been playing spank the mole in WOW.

If DFO rocks like we think it will, then I am not out anything.

Short question to the devs, could you please, please provide more specific launch details to the community? Yes, we know 2008 but:
    1.) is 2008 release for WW release or just x, y z continents/countries?
    2.) if not WW, what are the rough guestimates for x, y and z continents/countries?
    3.) what is the potential downside of US playing on Euro servers or vs versa?
    I know Ausie's have issues playing on west coast US wow servers, i am going to assume the same network issues (LAG) will exist with long travel packets??
    4.) Is Canada part of US launch or can we get servers here first? Canadian$ > US$ btw :-)
    5.) Why no mention of your Swiss and Swedish co-devs until the Athens video?
    6.) Wasn't Mount n Blade a Swedish game - Scandinavian at the very least, i think??
    7.) If DFO is based on LOTR, can i be the White Wizard with a premium pre-release package?
    8.) Can we swap Bush for Osama in a peace deal?

1000+

Xpac? The wrestler?

2000+

What makes you important?

1000+

Just don't buy the expansion pack, the game sucks.

^ Part of FALAWFUL COMPANY

6000+

Quote Originally Posted by Revelstoker View Post
    Oh how i wish we could get a more firm release date.

I really, really don't want to buy the new WOW xpac and with the thought of beta starting around Nov 10th, I am anxious to get in as I am sure most everyone else is.

But alas, the odds of not getting in are probably greater than getting in. So, that leaves me with a game that we have been playing for almost 5yrs and 2 months (maybe more) before this one comes out.

Dilemma, if DFO sucks the big one in the same manner as DnDonline, LOTRonline, Hellfire, Conan and Warhammer (yes, i bought and tried them all) - then i really hate losing the 2 months that I could have been playing spank the mole in WOW.

If DFO rocks like we think it will, then I am not out anything.

Short question to the devs, could you please, please provide more specific launch details to the community? Yes, we know 2008 but:
    1.) is 2008 release for WW release or just x, y z continents/countries?
    2.) if not WW, what are the rough guestimates for x, y and z continents/countries?
    3.) what is the potential downside of US playing on Euro servers or vs versa?
    I know Ausie's have issues playing on west coast US wow servers, i am going to assume the same network issues (LAG) will exist with long travel packets??
    4.) Is Canada part of US launch or can we get servers here first? Canadian$ > US$ btw :-)
    5.) Why no mention of your Swiss and Swedish co-devs until the Athens video?
    6.) Wasn't Mount n Blade a Swedish game - Scandinavian at the very least, i think??
    7.) If DFO is based on LOTR, can i be the White Wizard with a premium pre-release package?
    8.) Can we swap Bush for Osama in a peace deal?
    Fuck you, go buy WoW and leave darkfall alone

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by AngusFinch View Post
    Xpac? The wrestler?
    Suck IIIIIIITTT!!

<edit> wtf is Hellfire?
    Last edited by Feyrband; 11-04-2008 at 16:25.
    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah
    As soon as the OP reads this he should press the <Alt+F4> combo to restore windows to their proper setting.

2000+

mount and blade is turkish.
    "The fox has many tricks. The hedgehog has but one. But that is the best of all." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
    You are clearly not awesome, as awesome dudes need not point out their own awesomeness...

Banned

Default Kos Forgin

Quote Originally Posted by Forgin View Post
    Fuck you, go buy WoW and leave darkfall alone
    Nice language and objectivity. Add one to the KOS list and thanks for the gumball mickey!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1000+ Long term follower

Nice language and objectivity. Add one to the KOS list and thanks for the gumball mickey!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

fear the mighty KOS List !!!!!!!!!!

6000+

omg wowboy is gonna killz me!!1!

6000+

fuck off...

don't post about shitty games that noone on here plays... noone will care.

ooh do I get on the KOS list???
    Quote Originally Posted by NapalmEnema View Post
    I'll also find out where SSGuy is and blow him. Shaft, balls, swallow the gravy.

5000+

"if Darkfall sucks, then that means i will have missed out on 2 whole weeks of repetetively grinding to get more items with which to continue repetetively grinding! OH NOES!"

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Darwin
    "Ignorance begets confidence, more so than does knowledge."
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyldor Gwyvallt
    UK made Saudi Arabia a monarchy so they could take over the middle east

I thought about buying WoTLK and playing awhile before fun-nerf-bat hits it.

And so i resubbed my account during the zombie event. Was fun but all the whining, loot-whoring and generic boredom in that game had me hit the uninstall after 3 days. Should've bought Bionic Commando Rearmed instead.
    The dwarves of yore made mighty spells while hammers fell like ringing bells,
    In places deep where dark things sleep in hollow halls beneath the fells.
    For ancient king and elvish lord there many a gleaming golden hoard,
    They shaped and wrought and light they caught to hide in gems on hilt of sword.

2000+

Considering Aventurine has said a few times they plan to release before the year is out, which mind you is in just 2 months, it would not be a smart move to buy the expansion pack because you will not get even half the content in it by the time Darkfall releases (or beta starts).

Even if you're inhuman and can get your character to level 80 in less than a week, it will take the average WoW'er longer than that. There's nothing to do in WoW unless you're with other people (unless you consider getting your skills up, but the reagents will likely cost you a fortune to buy simply because it's new stuff).

I'd just wait to play Darkfall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.