Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Normal User

Default Legend of the Seeker any good?

I caught like the first ten minutes and then had to leave for work. Was it any good? I saw that the guy playing Richard is not good, the fucked up the storyline about the Book of Counted Shadows, and about Zedd being his friend.

Anybody watch the whole thing and can tell me if its worth trying to get hold of?
    Quote Originally Posted by cosimo84 View Post
    I will remember this when we're both living under a bridge near a high school where we might mug some kid for his laptop to play DF
    Quote Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
    I'm currently on the wagon, but that never lasts very long.

Well shit. I was too busy and forgot that it was on. Any idea if they are gonna repeat the premiere at all?
    "They're all dead, they just don't know it yet." - Eric Draven

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
    Set a trap. Have your piercing friend set up a free ballsack piercing day. When he shows up, attack!

Normal User

no clue, i think it was an hour, maybe two. so no telling.
    Quote Originally Posted by cosimo84 View Post
    I will remember this when we're both living under a bridge near a high school where we might mug some kid for his laptop to play DF
    Quote Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
    I'm currently on the wagon, but that never lasts very long.

8000+

epic fail imo.

Another low budget dandd fantasy bs shoddily done like we are fucking retards.

2000+

I liked it. I never read the book but I was happy with the acting. And the action scenes are awesome (I am a sucker for slowdowns). I am sure though that if I read the book as well I wouldn't like it was much, but that is why I haven't. Happened to me in Dexter, not gonna let it happen to me in this.
    "For every Complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong."
    "I will endure all this subhuman driveling shit with a smile."
    SSBB Friend code: 0344-8947-8367

One Accord Clan Leader

Sucks ass. That's about all I can say.
    4000+ posters are not paid employees of Aventurine.
    In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

Public relations director of Brannoc's fan club.

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by Curcio View Post
    I liked it. I never read the book but I was happy with the acting. And the action scenes are awesome (I am a sucker for slowdowns). I am sure though that if I read the book as well I wouldn't like it was much, but that is why I haven't. Happened to me in Dexter, not gonna let it happen to me in this.
    This, pretty much. Although I thought both the action and acting sucked more at the start of the series. I continued to watch it however and it actually improved over the episodes, and now it's pretty exciting to watch.

so even if you don't like the first three or so episodes, continue watching a bit more ;-)

1000+

If you read the books you will hate it. Even if you didnt read the books you will probley not like it, its shitty.

HBO better not fuck up Song of Ice and Fire.

Lord of the Rings meets The Matrix. A grown man stripped above the waist who refuses to take off his leather armbraces, a'la Kevin Sorbo's Hercules, carrying a large long piece of wood symbolic or overcompensating for something, take your pick. Bleh. Do we really need yet another story of a teenagery manchild with a sword and women riding horses in evening gowns captured on film? I mean, come on, it has Bruce Spence in it! The dialogue leaves a lot to be desired as well.

Blood of Kings Leader
    13,000+

As long as you don't watch it expecting it to be the book than its mildly entertaining. Its loosely based on the world / setting, but it really more of Hercules / Xena type show... (Same producers even)

Even with that they could have picked some of the actors better. (Zedd is horrible)

Normal User

I read all of the Sword of Truth books. I have heard that Legend of the Seeker was bad, but I haven't actually seen it. I don't plan to, either. It just wouldn't be the same - not that I'm saying the Sword of Truth books are amazing or anything, but that I believe a tv series can't be made for a big book series like this without butchering everything.

Socializer 67% | Killer 53% | Achiever 53% | Explorer 27%

2000+

I don't quite understand what people's expectations of fantasy series is... If you guys don't like it so much what would you have done to make it better? The characters dialogue is believable enough, as cliche as the story might be it is engaging and the characters amusing enough to keep you watching and fights and special effects are more than above the average for daytime saturday tv shows of the same nature. Tell me of a better fantasy series and I will dispute it with you (movies don't count).
    "For every Complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong."

Normal User

Man! I heard about this and totally forgot until now.

The books were awesome... till the 5th then I just wanted to rip my eyes out.
    Hopefully this show isn't horrible, otherwise I won't be able to make it through the last book.
    BRAIIIINS

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyria View Post
    I read all of the Sword of Truth books. I have heard that Legend of the Seeker was bad, but I haven't actually seen it. I don't plan to, either. It just wouldn't be the same - not that I'm saying the Sword of Truth books are amazing or anything, but that I believe a tv series can't be made for a big book series like this without butchering everything.
    this.. I've read all of them as well, and enjoyed most of them, tho they get a bit preachy towards the last few. I wasn't planning on watching the series to begin with, but after reading this thread I'm definitely going to avoid it.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Dahoma View Post
    Man! I heard about this and totally forgot until now.

The books were awesome... till the 5th then I just wanted to rip my eyes out.
    Hopefully this show isn't horrible, otherwise I won't be able to make it through the last book.
    Don't expect the series to follow the book or you will thoroughly dissapointed. Look at it as an alternative series with similar characters and in the same type of world. Sort of like an alternative world. You also have to know that they adapted the series for tv so some of the content of the books might have been altered.

If you watch the show with those things in mind is is not a bad series. Best fantasy I have seen on tv so far.