Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast
    Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by [LoD] EE View Post
    Why the fuck would ANYONE get a FPS on a system like Xbox or PS? Its like getting a hand job from a retarded girl, its going to suck.

FPS should only be played on a PC with mouse and Keyboard, not on a fucking game pad. Why handy cap yourself, its an effing joke like playing a sports game with a joy stick.
    This man talks some sense. I can never imagine how people can play FPS on a console, some douches even buy an Xbox 360 controller FOR the PC to play shooters.

Anyways, Fallout 3 is a very enjoyable game, if you liked Oblivion then this is a must-get, yes it has similiarities since they both more or less share the same engine but it's everthing Oblivion SHOULD have been.... like locational damage, bug free optimization (especially for nvidia cards). Really good game with unlimited potential if they will release a construction set for mods.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado[1G] View Post
    You might like fallout if you haven't played the previous games. If you're like me, and have played fallout 1&2 and actually know something about the fallout world, you'll fucking hate it.
    Bullshit.

So many people say this and I don't know where the hell they are coming from. FO3 is good and a solid, true 3d continuation to the Fallout series.

i really like the game till now. but from what people say it's just the beginning that's the best about it, it doesn't get any better. kinda like in AoC where everything was great, but after you got out of the first part everything went down.

oh and i just learned that i am 2 quests away from the ending, while i haven't even been to a third city...

i think the world is more alive than the previous games, i have a better feel to it and the gameplay is better. but the quests are shallow, npcs are uninteresting, you can't even join the brotherhood, you can't choose who's side you're going to be and most importantly nothing of this matters because the game ends and your character dies anyway, so you can't even hope for the devs to fix this in an expansion.

so imagine how it is when you have an awesome beginning and think "wow imagine what happens next, i can't wait to go to cities 5 times this one", and then learn that you already played the best and most detailed part.

this game had such a huge potential but the devs managed to screw things up. i mean seriously tell me ONE fucking reason the game has to end. what to focus in main story? IT SUCKS, the gameplay and freedom is what is this game is all about and they fucking take it away from us with a lame ending.

fallout 3 was just a quick $$ product that aimed at exploiting the expectations of the original games fans and it served it's purpose.

i am not falling for that again. big companies buying the rights of successful games is the first sign of an inferior product.

5000+

I am buying it soon. I have not played any of the fallout series, but i wish i had. I have read nothing but great things about fallout 3, gotta try it.

Quote Originally Posted by zlurp View Post
    both u guys played on console? im actually assking abt the bugginess of FO3 on pc
    Only real bad thing I've encountered was random slowdowns at times only outside in the wasteland. That was probably because I had everything maxed out though, including resolution, so I lowered the AA to 4X and the resolution to 1680X200, and it works like a charm. It really depends on the computer/luck of th draw I guess. It's pretty replayable, and I've enjoyed it.
    Pi-piru-piru-piru-pi-piru-pi-pi-piru-piru-piru-pi-piru-pi-pi-piru-pi-pi
    This'll explain everything: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL3remBDiy0
    -----------------------------------------
    I believe I did what's called making you forumfall down the stairs.-Jackhowitzer

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Jester814 View Post
    true 3d continuation to the Fallout series.
    No, it fucking isn't. If you had even a shred of knowledge about fallout you would never say this.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Jester814 View Post
    Bullshit.

So many people say this and I don't know where the hell they are coming from. FO3 is good and a solid, true 3d continuation to the Fallout series.
    What a load of Bullshit. Desperado speaks the truth.

I also like how those kids can threaten you at your own party, in front of your dad and none of the adults do anything. Also, Burke doesn't even attempt to whisper or be discreet about recruiting you to blow up the bomb, he just announces it it the busiest place in town and in front of a guy known for his gossip.

Unkillable npc also = balls. Why the FUCK can't I kill the BoS? Since when are they good guys even? They used to be assholes who just used you tot heir advantage.

Sub-fucking-par compared to the originals.
    Last edited by DR.NUMBERS; 11-02-2008 at 18:40.
    I Am, &c,

"The Louisiana soldiers have gained such a reputation for pilfering, drunkenness and general loutishness that as soon as anyone sees them coming they bolt the doors and windows and hide their women folk."

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by DR.NUMBERS View Post
    What a load of Bullshit. Desperado speaks the truth.

I also like how those kids can threaten you at your own party, in front of your dad and none of the adults do anything. Also, Burke doesn't even attempt to whisper or be discreet about recruiting you to blow up the bomb, he just announces it it the busiest place in town and in front of a guy known for his gossip.

Sub-fucking-par compared to the originals.
    The busiest place in Megaton being a drunken cesspool.

You could equally argue that half the people were drunk/uncaring in that place. Also,the place has a 'local cult' that worships an atomic bomb,a guy with a burnt up 'zombie' face and a ranting old Enclave supporter.

Needless to say in that kind of environment,I wouldn't be too surprised if someone openly talked about blowing up the place via the bomb,and no-one really took notice. It wasn't exactly a super fortified town with constant guard patrols.

I agree though that they didn't exactly react when.... (spoiler alert)

Spoiler

Since I didn't play the previous two,I have no 'tarred' expectations from the third instalment and can thus judge it more easily on its own merits. And so far so good in that department,little hitches aside.

It's not as dumb as Oblivion anyway and has better set-pieces.
    Last edited by Suitepee; 11-02-2008 at 18:46.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonkar View Post
    BKB, mostly because of Suitepee and his epic polls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Tactic View Post
    Before anyone says "I don't care that this person is leaving", let me just point out that this guy was exactly who Darkfall was targetted for.

Two and a half years waiting for the game, and he leaves 5 months later.

Normal User

My friend took over 1h to even get it running. It is not a horrible game like Spore, but it is no Fallout.

Normal User

Ive been playing it on pc, and i have been loving it. I havent really noticed any bugs.

Normal User

The unkillable named NPCs that are part of the main quest line is a very annoying legacy from Oblivion. And since the BoS Citadel is part of the main quest line all the named NPCs there are unkillable.

Just because some are unkillable doesn't mean they all are, in fact I have a very profitable BoS hunting career right now. Find BoS patrol, kill patrol, loot corpses using their armor to fix mine, take their Holotags, return each Holotag to the Citadel for 100 Caps.

Oh and that robot, they found it in the Pentagon unfinished and they are repairing it. They didn't build it.
    I will always think you're wrong, even if I know you're right.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by hardboiled View Post
    My friend took over 1h to even get it running. It is not a horrible game like Spore, but it is no Fallout.
    I think these are my sentiments exactly.

If they hadn't called it "Fallout 3" I wouldn't be pissed. On its own it's a decent game, nowhere near as good as the originals but compared to most games these days its decent. I don't think anyone would have a problem if they'd just called it "Fallout: Tactics 2" or "Fallout: East Coast" / "Fallout: DC".
    I Am, &c,

"The Louisiana soldiers have gained such a reputation for pilfering, drunkenness and general loutishness that as soon as anyone sees them coming they bolt the doors and windows and hide their women folk."

14,000+

Never played any of the earlier fallout games. I found the third one to be pretty nice even though it reminds me of oblivion with everything.....

Quote Originally Posted by nezzan View Post
    Ive been playing it on pc, and i have been loving it. I havent really noticed any bugs.
    hahahaahahahaha, you must be oblivious
    Last edited by Killuminati; 11-02-2008 at 19:09.

the game is ok I guess.

It reminds me so little of the fantastic fallout games that I keep forgetting that its supposed to be a fallout sequel.
    Thus, I keep playing it like its another game by bethesda.

So far its super easy, ammo everywhere and everyone are way to nice to you.
    VATS takes care of everything (deathclaws gave me some trouble) in a second.

Guess I should turn up the difficulty.
    Almost done with the mainquest now and explored 90% of the map, feels short

What I do like is the fantastic enviroment and exploring it. I only wish the map was alot bigger.

Well, I guess the construction set cant come out soon enough.
    The set basically saved Oblivion from total failure. With mods like OOO and others the game was playable.
    This is what FO3 needs. Fallout universe got a huge following, so I am looking forward to some proper mods.
    Darkfall IRC: Server: irc.stratics.com Channel: #Darkfall

One Accord Clan Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Justin View Post
    the game is ok I guess.

It reminds me so little of the fantastic fallout games that I keep forgetting that its supposed to be a fallout sequel.
    Thus, I keep playing it like its another game by bethesda.

So far its super easy, ammo everywhere and everyone are way to nice to you.
    VATS takes care of everything (deathclaws gave me some trouble) in a second.

Guess I should turn up the difficulty.
    Almost done with the mainquest now and explored 90% of the map, feels short

What I do like is the fantastic enviroment and exploring it. I only wish the map was alot bigger.

Well, I guess the construction set cant come out soon enough.
    The set basically saved Oblivion from total failure. With mods like OOO and others the game was playable.
    This is what FO3 needs. Fallout universe got a huge following, so I am looking forward to some proper mods.
    So glad you could join us!

That is indeed what this game needs. It looks like the plan is underway already.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/
    4000+ posters are not paid employees of Aventurine.
    In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

Public relations director of Brannoc's fan club.