1000+

Default In ohio, it was ruled that...

homeless people can list park benches and other places that are not buildings as their address, so they can vote.

http://dispatch.com/live/content/loc...e.html?sid=101
    "The more I study science, the more I believe in God"
    -Albert Einstein

5000+

This just....

That is really sad, really.

"Get the fuck out of my bench bitch, I'm supposed to sleep there tonight."

You're just walking down the park and looking at the eager bum and ask him if something is wrong, the bum just tells you to piss off his waiting for his mail, lol.

Come, Unstoppable Eraser Rain.
    [DF Beta: Chimera Project - Alfar]
    [DF Release: ??? - ???? ]

Normal User

This is a joke, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Viluin, on swallowing View Post
    I don't like having a dry throat. Also, spitting is disgusting. No, it's just that I hadn't swallowed for a while. There was a decent amount in my mouth, which all went down the wrong hole. It's much worse than water for some reason, it doesn't come out of your lungs easily.

Retarded if they don't need an SS#.

Truck in more Mexicans to Ohio so we can have Mexico vote for US president too.

Blood of Kings Leader
    13,000+

Its a technicality, jeez...

The constitution says every citizen gets a vote... I'm sure state law says you need an address to register to vote... So they ruled you could put a bench as an address in order to keep state law in compliance w/ the constitution...

And I didn't even read the article.

Bow before me Plebians! BOW, NOW...

BOW, NOW, BOW WOW! Ruff!

Normal User

Almost 25% of all Homeless are Veterans.

Americans who served, bled, sacrificed and were rejected by society when they returned. Fully capable under all laws legally allowed to Vote on issues that are pertinent to Every American (regardless of Age, Sex, Religion, Race, Political Affiliation, Income).

But because they are either unable or unwilling to find a job to provide income levels of a standard able to support housing they should not be allowed to vote?

Not very American. Not very Democratic. Not very Human.

For that government to be "by the people," however, requires that the people decide who shall be their leaders. Without free and fair elections, there can be no democratic society, and without that constant accountability of government officials to the electorate, there can, in fact, be no assurance of any other rights. The right to vote, therefore, is not only an important individual liberty; it is also a foundation stone of free government.
    -- Abraham Lincoln

Best,

Phae
    "Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? You think that’s air you’re breathing now?" -- Morpheus
    "Whoever isn't afraid to get on the biggest horse gets to be Marshal"
    >>Click Here<<

1000+

Or they could just write in as "Homeless" and vote anyway.
    Survived the JTT epidemic 10/18/08

Shipwrecked Pirate
    (Guild User)
    Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Jangang View Post
    Its a technicality, jeez...

The constitution says every citizen gets a vote... I'm sure state law says you need an address to register to vote... So they ruled you could put a bench as an address in order to keep state law in compliance w/ the constitution...

And I didn't even read the article.

Bow before me Plebians! BOW, NOW...

BOW, NOW, BOW WOW! Ruff!
    Does it? Thought it left it to the states... but federal laws just prohibit discrimination (Civil Rights Acts etc...)
    Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Phaethor View Post
    Almost 25% of all Homeless are Veterans.

Americans who served, bled, sacrificed and were rejected by society when they returned. Fully capable under all laws legally allowed to Vote on issues that are pertinent to Every American (regardless of Age, Sex, Religion, Race, Political Affiliation, Income).

But because they are either unable or unwilling to find a job to provide income levels of a standard able to support housing they should not be allowed to vote?

Not very American. Not very Democratic. Not very Human.

-- Abraham Lincoln

Best,

Phae

As long as they can prove citizenship, they should of course be allowed to vote. My worry is that they will take everyone and anyone off the street now and count their votes.

25,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Virtra View Post
    Does it? Thought it left it to the states... but federal laws just prohibit discrimination (Civil Rights Acts etc...)
    Was gonna say the same thing. Only thing it says is no state laws on age, sex, race, etc.

Which were actually done by amendments and not skullfucking the general welfare clause. Amazing.
    "Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure."
    --Robert LeFevre

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Die in a fire of poor people.
    TRSA