Page 1 of 25 1211 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Gay Marriage Debate

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/2008102...vergaymarriage

Apparently both sides have spent around 50 million dollars either to stop gay marriage or keep on allowing it to happen.

6000+

I don't understand why people would oppose gay marriage. They need to take those bibles out of their asses and calm the fuck down.
    Quote Originally Posted by XKwisite View Post
    How do those guys only hit you for 5 damage in the back lol?
    Quote Originally Posted by Punish View Post
    Well, 70 rigor, full set of plate, stoneskin and arrow ward.

Yeah, I hope they hit less with their shitty weapons and skills. I haven't logged hundreds of hours into this game for nothing.
    ^ sum up of Afghanistan

8000+

You have to love going into a stupid thread and seeing that the OP has already been banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindorn
    The posts of Carl do not represent the views or policies of Dark Carnival!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvarkian
    Forumfall isn't the place to showcase your incredible talent at trolling. Oh, who am I kidding.

12,000+

Wtf is so special about marriage. Make a contract and be off.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"

Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

4000+

Well it's been done so often it hardly matters but fuck it, it's something to post in.

Although honestly, what is there to say? It's another attempt by people to legislate what others are allowed to do to themselves. Gee. What a great idea! How about after this we make it illegal to be Christian? That sounds like a good idea to me!

Edit: Hahahaha, he finally got banned. Although it'd have been better if it happened in those fucking stupid fart threads.

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    The problem would be resolved if the State only recognized civil unions, one type of which was marriage. The anti gay marriage groups are more worried about the label of marriage being attached since there is a religious connotation to marriage. If the state would drop the official sanction of marriage and leave it to the churches to fight out, things would be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindorn
    The posts of Carl do not represent the views or policies of Dark Carnival!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvarkian
    Forumfall isn't the place to showcase your incredible talent at trolling. Oh, who am I kidding.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Ragadamn View Post
    You have to love going into a stupid thread and seeing that the OP has already been banned.
    Yeah, that's a bit troubling.

On topic, let them marry. If you're worried for whatever strange reason you have, unless two dudes or ladies break into your house and start humping right in front of you, quit worrying, because gay marriage has nothing to do with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    Hello to all of the new beta testers! It's good to see that you all finally made it in. It's been so lonely without you.

Prepare to die.

6000+

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    I can't say I'm some pro on the gay marriage debate because I honestly couldn't give two shits, but I think the issue is that without marriage, gay people wouldn't have the same rights as a married couple.

Yeah, I hope they hit less with their shitty weapons and skills. I haven't logged hundreds of hours into this game for nothing.
    ^ sum up of Afghanistan

2000+

Personaly I dont give a crap if gays wish to get "Married". But from my fathers standpoint I can see why some have a issue with it.

His standpoint is this. Gays can have a legal "Union" or anything else they wish to call it other than marriage which the liberals seem to have a problem with. They want to have to the exact same definition for gays as hedrosexuals. This is where his problems arise. He does not believe that the law has the right to change the definition of marriage (one man and one woman). Allowing this opens up an entirely different can of worms.

6000+

Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    Personaly I dont give a crap if gays wish to get "Married". But from my fathers standpoint I can see why some have a issue with it.

His standpoint is this. Gays can have a legal "Union" or anything else they wish to call it other than marriage which the liberals seem to have a problem with. They want to have to the exact same definition for gays as hedrosexuals. This is where his problems arise. He does not believe that the law has the right to change the definition of marriage (one man and one woman). Allowing this opens up an entirely different can of worms.
    Why? It changed it from a man and MULTIPLE women to a man and ONE woman.

I think you need to accept that your dad's just a little bitch. Maybe you should smack him around a little.

^ sum up of Afghanistan

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Septus View Post
    Why? It changed it from a man and MULTIPLE women to a man and ONE woman.

I think you need to accept that your dad's just a little bitch. Maybe you should smack him around a little.

Not in US laws (at least not that I am aware of). He is afriad that allowing the change of definition to give gays equal rights in union and thus calling it a "marriage" would allow all sorts of other perversion of "marriage". Take the example of human to animal, multiple partners, no age restrictions, so on. In argument these things could now be possible due to discrimination of beliefs.

Making a new "Union" and giving the same lawful rights to this new union as marriage. The exception being it is now defined as same sex partners.

Not sure if I am getting the point across clearly here.

4000+

Was it ever defined that way? Admittedly I haven't followed this debate to closely because I honestly find the entire concept of needing it in the ifrst place absurd, however I seem to recall there was some talk of trying to change the definition to one man, one woman since it wasn't that.

3000+

How is there even a debate about this still?
    I hate humanity.

6000+

Not in US laws (at least not that I am aware of). He is afriad that allowing the change of definition to give gays equal rights in union and thus calling it a "marriage" would allow all sorts of other perversion of "marriage". Take the example of human to animal, multiple partners, no age restrictions, so on. In argument these things could now be possible due to discrimination of beliefs.

Making a new "Union" and giving the same lawful rights to this new union as marriage. The exception being it is now defined as same sex partners.

Not sure if I am getting the point across clearly here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrill_Anti-Bigamy_Act

US banning polygamy.

Just understand that what we allow and don't allow depends on cultural norms at the time. Relating gay marriage to bestiality is a pathetic excuse.

If you allow guns to be legal does that mean you've opened the door to allowing people to own nukes? No, don't be fucking retarded. If a state legalizes marijuana, does it mean that legitimizes heroin? No, because otherwise legalizing alcohol would have already done that.

So please tell this to your father, and when he spouts some more bigoted shit (because I hate to tell you, but your dad is a bigot), slap him around a little. It's the way you taught people back in his day.

^ sum up of Afghanistan

2000+ Long term follower

Instead of having their own "contract" between them... They wanna corrupt Marriage.

Nothing more, Majority of people don't care if they had something equal to marriage of their own for Man on Man/ Girl on Girl.

But it just so happens that Marriage happens between a man and a woman... so... Find some new way to try and validate yourselves??? Kthx

---

Also first time I saw this on the news about the legalization of it in California, I said to my girl. "I wanna be allowed to marry my cat now". Thats what I equate that to... If we're gonna mash a definition. It has to be allowed to be totally mashed. Not just half ways. That WOULDN'T BE FAIR OMG!!!!!!
    Last edited by Kin; 10-22-2008 at 05:58.
    -Kin KthxDie

Quote Originally Posted by Khahan View Post
    Gowel, ever see the movie Jesus's Son? Your new name is Fuckhead, because everything you touch turns to shit.