Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Normal User

Default CCP Axes non subscription skill training.

Eve online will no longer allow players to train skills when they are not actively subscribing. What is everyone's opinion on this? Personaly I think CCP will lose alot of money.
    "Since love and fear can hardly coexist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved." Niccolò Machiavelli

6000+

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by StANDY1338 View Post
    Eve online will no longer allow players to train skills when they are not actively subscribing. What is everyone's opinion on this? Personaly I think CCP will lose alot of money.
    been posted before...go back and crai to goon swarm, imo
    QFT -- survived JTT -- "little less hostile please" - Viranth -- Doc's radio

"I can't say what I want to, even if I'm not serious..." - TooL

9000+

tl;dr
    Fuck you.

1000+

*coughs*

HahahHAHAHAHhahhahAHHhahahhaha

Not a single person will sub to Eve now if they are disabling skill training for new players, you'll be stuck with your single starter ship now and have nothing to utilize to PvP/PvE/Mine with now.

Wooooo Civilian Grade Weapons/Mining Tools!!!
    Darkfall Forums offline? Visit the unofficial Darkfall Offline forums at the link below.
    http://darkfalloffline.freeforums.org/
    Over 2000 unique views/visits
    http://www.myspace.com/darkfall_online

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
    *coughs*

Not a single person will sub to Eve now if they are disabling skill training for new players, you'll be stuck with your single starter ship now and have nothing to utilize to PvP/PvE/Mine with now.

I haven't read an official source so this might come out stupid. Anyway, I doubt they will disable skill training for newbs, just people that subscribes for one month and then pick a skill that has 3 months of training time, let the subscription go out, and then resub once it's finished.

Quote Originally Posted by EVE's website
    A long overdue and much needed change will be put in place with the Wednesday, 15 October 2008 patch. Ghost Training, the continuous skill gain on accounts in an inactive or expired state - will no longer function after Wednesday, 15 October 2008.
    Is Newb-accounts classified as "Inactive"..?
    Last edited by Aragoni; 10-20-2008 at 23:38.
    Fuck you.

9000+

EVE Online's player base just single-handedly got fucked over, the only ones left if they keep this going will be the long term players who they've blindly catered to since the beginning of the game.

Seriously the one good thing EVE Online had going for it was the offline training system, new players rely on that in order to even get anywhere close to where the older players are because they have nothing else to do except train a ton of skills.

I can honestly say I have not seen such a major fuck over of a player base since Pre-Cu SWG got utterly wiped out, there is NOTHING to do in the beginning stage of the game except grind so new players rely on corporations and offline skill training in order to get themselves going without having to grind their asses off.

gg CCp, gg
    Last edited by Lethn; 10-20-2008 at 23:42.
    It's Lethn...if he doesn't sound pissed off then there must be a rift in the space-time continuum - Ultimo
    According to fanbois in order for there to be no problems with an MMORPG you have to imagine it isn't there, well, they say ignorance is bliss.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
    *coughs*

Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    EVE Online's player base just single-handedly got fucked over, the only ones left if they keep this going will be the long term players who they've blindly catered to since the beginning of the game.

Seriously the one good thing EVE Online had going for it was the offline training system, new players rely on that in order to even get anywhere close to where the older players are because they have nothing else to do except train a ton of skills.

I can honestly say I have not seen such a major fuck over of a player base since Pre-Cu SWG got utterly wiped out, there is NOTHING to do in the beginning stage of the game except grind so new players rely on corporations and offline skill training in order to get themselves going without having to grind their asses off.

gg CCp, gg
    ROFL, not surprising, the two most rabid EVE haters on Forumfall hit reply button before even trying to comprehend what was actually said. But it's ok guys, more than half of people apparently don't understand the news in TV, you're not in minority.

The offline training system was NOT changed, hello reading comprehension? What was changed is that you no longer train skills after you CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION. Oh no, how could they?

The change doesn't affect 80% of EVE player base, especially not the new players. It affects mainly people who were running multiple accounts, as it was common practice to train alts by buying timecards every other month, thus paying 50% less (e.g. setting a 30 day skill and canceling subscription only to resub after a month). Yes, it may also affect someone like me who took a month break from EVE and canceled their sub, the horrors.
    Last edited by Xelos; 10-21-2008 at 00:04.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Xelos View Post
    ROFL, not surprising, the two most rabid EVE haters on Forumfall hit reply button before even trying to comprehend what was actually said. But it's ok guys, more than half of people apparently don't understand the news in TV, you're not in minority.

The offline training system was NOT changed, hello reading comprehension? What was changed is that you no longer train skills after you CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION. Oh no, how could they?

The change doesn't affect 80% of EVE player base, especially not the new players. It affects mainly people who were running multiple accounts, as it was common practice to train alts by buying timecards every other month, thus paying 50% less (e.g. setting a 30 day skill and canceling subscription only to resub after a month). Yes, it may also affect someone like me who took a month break from EVE and canceled their sub, the horrors.
    it effects all of the player base. Who hasn't started a long skill as their subscription was about to run out so they would still make progress between the time they resubscribed. CCP want to lock people into subscriptions, we seen this with their canceling of the month time cards.
    "Since love and fear can hardly coexist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved." Niccolò Machiavelli

7000+
    www.Forumfall.com Webmaster
    Long term follower

lmao. it's obvious that 4/5 posters in this thread don't even understand wtf OP meant.

9000+

Look you dumbasses, am I the only one who understands what he's saying? Let me sum it up for you!

You can't take a skill that needs 6 months and then cancel your subscription until it's done, you need to have an active account in order to train. I have no idea if this is fatal or not, but EVE online is fucking boring anyway so it's okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by arghysteelwill View Post
    Clearly AV's message is exploit or go home but dont let us catch you cause your banned.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Atnas View Post
    Look you dumbasses, am I the only one who understands what he's saying? Let me sum it up for you!

You can't take a skill that needs 6 months and then cancel your subscription until it's done, you need to have an active account in order to train. I have no idea if this is fatal or not, but EVE online is fucking boring anyway so it's okay.
    I still have an active EVE acc, canceled my sub and it's due to expire on christmas. Darkfall ought to be out by then, I already gave out all my EVE shit which I spent a lot of time trying to get.

EVE was boring.

But I don't get why around 4/5 posters in this thread immediately think that CCP is screwing their playerbase?
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

6000+

Quote Originally Posted by StANDY1338 View Post
    Eve online will no longer allow players to train skills when they are not actively subscribing. Who the fuck cares?

Fixed
    <a href=http://unitedpirates.org/images/mysig.gif target=_blank>http://unitedpirates.org/images/mysig.gif</a>

Forumfall: Flames we can believe in...

9000+

Okay, let me clarify before the fanbois try to gloss this over even more.

In EVE Online at the beginning you have to train an absolute veritable ton of skills so that you can begin grinding the credits you need in order to buy the equipment and ships you trained in to even be reasonably effective in the big fleet pvp scenarios, however because there is pretty much nothing to do in the beginning stages except grind for a measley amount of credits I assume most people cancel their subscriptions or let them go inactive until they have their skills trained.

With CCP disabling this what happens now is that there will be a bunch of angry newbies who will be forced into paying for a game where they will be sitting around and doing absolutely nothing until they have their skills trained.

Now of course you could argue that this is a good thing because people who aren't paying for the game shouldn't be able to 'play' it while they're offline anyway but the darker side to this is the fact that now that they're being forced to pay for this game they are also being forced into doing nothing because CCP have not developed the game around the premise that you can actually have fun while playing the game.

In short, as I said before, this is simply another case of CCP blindly trying to target and cater to the long term subscriber and game play who have been single handedly cowing this company from the start.

EVE Online does not cater to those who want to have fun but those who want to subscribe the longest.
    Last edited by Lethn; 10-22-2008 at 19:44.
    It's Lethn...if he doesn't sound pissed off then there must be a rift in the space-time continuum - Ultimo
    According to fanbois in order for there to be no problems with an MMORPG you have to imagine it isn't there, well, they say ignorance is bliss.

9000+

Lethn, seriously. How many new subscribers do EVE have? The long term follower is all they got. Even with offline training they would have to wait the same time, and they would be bored either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by arghysteelwill View Post
    Clearly AV's message is exploit or go home but dont let us catch you cause your banned.

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Atnas View Post
    Lethn, seriously. How many new subscribers do EVE have? The long term follower is all they got. Even with offline training they would have to wait the same time, and they would be bored either way.
    Exactly, I just thought I'd explain it a bit clearer but basically all EVE does is cater to the long term subscriber, that's why the numbers haven't been growing enough.