Thread: Borderlands

Normal User

Default Borderlands

Theres a preview of the shooter/rpg borderlands out. I like some of the stuff they seem to be doing. Hopefully it wont make any promises it cant keep.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53723

2000+

They got blades on guns!!!!!
    http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7571/dredgonez6.jpg
    "Fear mortals for I have come"

So what... it's basically FPS Diablo mixed with Elder Scrolls and in a futuristic setting?

Sounds alright.

9000+

It's okay, but I'm so sick of FPS' now where you can't fucking use cover properly and I'm talking about acting like a real human being and rolling about, ducking down behind cover, using walls, none of this silly crouching bullshit, I'm tired of stupid A.I as well, they deliberately have made them stupid instead of clever to cut development time and just added extra stats on them when the difficulty changes.

It's just bloody annoying playing an FPS and then dying because you had to slide back and forth beside a wall instead of just being able to quickly glancing out.
    Last edited by Lethn; 10-08-2008 at 22:07.
    It's Lethn...if he doesn't sound pissed off then there must be a rift in the space-time continuum - Ultimo
    According to fanbois in order for there to be no problems with an MMORPG you have to imagine it isn't there, well, they say ignorance is bliss.

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    It's okay, but I'm so sick of FPS' now where you can't fucking use cover properly and I'm talking about acting like a real human being and rolling about, ducking down behind cover, using walls, none of this silly crouching bullshit.
    Gears Of War ftw!
    Fuck you.

9000+

Rainbow Six Vegas ftw too, even though the game sucked I have never been able to really play an FPS and enjoy it now thanks to that game, don't even get me started on Max Payne, that was even better because you could roll and dive.
    It's Lethn...if he doesn't sound pissed off then there must be a rift in the space-time continuum - Ultimo
    According to fanbois in order for there to be no problems with an MMORPG you have to imagine it isn't there, well, they say ignorance is bliss.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    Rainbow Six Vegas ftw too, even though the game sucked I have never been able to really play an FPS and enjoy it now thanks to that game, don't even get me started on Max Payne, that was even better because you could roll and dive.
    Gota love the co-op you could go for on rainbow 6 vegas, I loved that, hours of fun with my mates.

Banned

Yeah, I thought it was cool. But if I remember correctly there are classes/characters you have to choose from.