Default This is EPIC. - Knock Out: CNBC Confirms Lehman CEO Punched at Gym

http://www.businessandmedia.org/arti...006150152.aspx

Network verifies reports Richard Fuld was attacked for financial institution's bankruptcy.

By Jeff Poor
    Business & Media Institute
    10/6/2008 3:59:29 PM

Send this page to a friend! (click here)

It seems anxiety from the financial crisis is reaching new highs, but the tipping point for one individual came at the Lehman Brothers gym in the midst of the company’s collapse.

While former Lehman CEO Richard Fuld was testifying before the House Oversight Committee Oct. 6, CNBC reported he had been punched in the face at the Lehman Brothers gym after it was announced the firm was going bankrupt. CNBC and Vanity Fair contributor Vicki Ward said Fuld was attacked at the gym on a Sunday following the bankruptcy.

“Frankly, I sat there and listened and I’m with the guy who apparently, the day before Barclays announced they were coming in and Lehman had already filed for bankruptcy, went over to him in the gym and punched him because that’s how I feel when I, you know, when I watched that,” Ward said on the Oct. 6 “Power Lunch.” “I didn’t think he was contrite at all, I thought he was arrogant.”

Ward confirmed previous reports about the incident that reportedly occurred Sept. 21 and said the information came from “two very senior sources.”

“From two very senior sources – one incredibly senior source – that he went to the gym after … Lehman was announced as going under. He was on a treadmill with a heart monitor on. Someone was in the corner, pumping iron and he walked over and he knocked him out cold. And frankly after having watched this, I’d have done the same too.”

Ward determined Fuld deserved the beating based on his testimony before the committee.

“I thought he was shameless,” Ward said. “I thought it was appalling. He blamed everyone. He blamed, as you say, ‘naked short sellers’ over and over in case we didn’t get the point, when in fact hedge funds like Harbinger had money locked up in Lehman and was shorting it to try and make the most of the money that they already had. He blamed everybody but himself.”

Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy in September 2008 and its assets were later snatched up by the British bank Barclays for $1.35 billion, which included Lehman’s Midtown Manhattan office tower with a $960 million price tag.

2000+

He can afford the medical cost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKsixRnJwj4

Quote Originally Posted by Dhig View Post
    He can afford the medical cost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKsixRnJwj4
    After watching that I see why someone punched him. What a prick.

Regarding his stock options point, he IS right; I've learned some basic knowledge of things like that from my dad, and if you leave them be, stock options will go to maturity and just poof out of existence, and you must also pay the strike price, which they apparently didn't include.

A layman's explanation of that for those who don't know it:
    Spoiler

Overall, damn big number, but $480 million is a bit higher than it actually was, he's right about that. It's probably a wee bit below $400 million.
    Last edited by alfaroverall; 10-07-2008 at 16:05.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy Wrong View Post
    [Alfar]'s like a Stephen Hawking rookie card.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998altima View Post
    What if our imagination is a figment of the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by YGOTAS#13
    Gay people like to hibernate in caves.

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by NapalmEnema View Post
    After watching that I see why someone punched him. What a prick.
    Only a moron punches someone they know will sue them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindorn
    The posts of Carl do not represent the views or policies of Dark Carnival!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvarkian
    Forumfall isn't the place to showcase your incredible talent at trolling. Oh, who am I kidding.

25,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Ragadamn View Post
    Well it said he was knocked out cold, so maybe he can get away with it.
    "Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure."
    --Robert LeFevre

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Die in a fire of poor people.
    TRSA

9000+

Not like it's going to matter when we're going to be in a depression anyway apparently the money will be worthless.
    It's Lethn...if he doesn't sound pissed off then there must be a rift in the space-time continuum - Ultimo
    According to fanbois in order for there to be no problems with an MMORPG you have to imagine it isn't there, well, they say ignorance is bliss.

7000+

The dude that will get sued probably hit him cause he no longer has any moniez. No use in suing a rock, as you won't get anything from it.

"Everytime you PK a newb, a breakdancer shitkicks a baby."-Goty

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Vanno View Post
    The dude that will get sued probably hit him cause he no longer has any moniez. No use in suing a rock, as you won't get anything from it.
    I would hit him to the floor, pour gasoline on him and set him on fire. Then I would take a piss beside him and when he tries to move into my beam of piss I would move just a bit so he cant reach it

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Vanno View Post
    I sue rocks all the time, just in case they one day make some money.
    YOU ARE NOT A COMMUNITY SPOKESPERSON, STFU

AKA SCUM [LoD]

1000+

Maybe he should spend some of his cash on replacing that glass chin -_-

2000+

I think we should all have a turn at him.

9000+

What a fucktard. He should be thrown into prison and the government should then give the prisoners a legal right to rape him.
    Fuck you.