Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

10,000+

Default Leprosy and Tuberculosis Rising Fast in the USA

November 25, 2003
    NY Times, Sharon Lerner, 2/20/03

Across the country this week, hundreds of bus loads of illegal immigrants are bringing a message to Washington DC that they want better treatment and instant citizenship. What they don't mention is their reckless disregard for legally immigrating into the USA has created a growing health care crisis in America. They demand their rights, but they disregarded our rights by illegally crossing into our country without being health screened. It's what they are carrying that we don't want. There is another ticking bomb crossing our borders daily by the thousands--entirely unregulated, unscreened and untracked in our nation. Their numbers average two per minute and over 800,000 annually, according the Center For Immigration Studies in Washington, DC. SARS and West Nile virus make big news, but other diseases are creeping into the heartland unnoticed.

In the past 40 years, the US incidents of leprosy stood at 900 recorded cases. Today because of massive immigration from Third World countries, we have more than 7,000 people suffering with leprosy, ''And those are the ones we know about," said Dr. John Levis, physician at Bellevue Hospital's Hansen's Disease Clinic in New York. "There are probably many, many more and they are spreading." Most of those infected in the United States are immigrants from global leprosy hot spots, places: Mexico, Brazil, India and the Caribbean. But, in the past six years, Levis and his colleagues have proved that a few of his patients - including a 73-year-old man from Queens who had never been out of the country and an elderly Jewish man from Westchester County, New York - have contracted leprosy in the United States. Leprosy's symptoms--bumpy rashes, skin indentations and loss of feeling in hands and feet. As a result, The disease is now officially endemic to the Northeastern United States for the first time ever.

Another bug riding in the bodies of newcomers to America is tuberculosis. In a recent article from 'THE PATIENT PREDATOR', Dr. Reichman of New Jersey TB Clinic, "In the 1990s, cases among foreign born Americans rose from 29 percent to 41.6 percent. Anti biotic resistant strains from Mexico have migrated to Texas. Since three years ago, 16,000 new cases of TB were discovered in the United States. Half were foreign born. Strains of TB once found only in Mexico have migrated to border states of Texas, Arizona, New Mexico and California. It will move north as illegal aliens work in restaurants as cooks, dishwashers and food handlers. We sit on the edge of a potential catastrophe."

Disease is another crisis 'sneaking' across our borders in the form of unrestricted illegal immigration. Once it's inside our country, it's our problem and we will be forced to pay for it. If American political leaders okay the matricula consular card, give them drivers licenses and assist illegal immigration by not enforcing our Homeland Security laws, American citizens and their children are susceptible to more diseases. Hepatitis A,B and C run rampant in fast food workers. These diseases kill. It's that simple and that harsh.

4000+ Long term follower

that's pretty disgusting. We're either going to have to keep them out, or provide them with health care.
    DELICIOUS
    "Vendor buy bank guards." - Trad.
    Join the Cybernations Darkfall Alliance.

2000+

Fuck that shit. Fucking lepers.
    ~Greatness Incarnate~

10,000+

This article was for all the ' open borders ' morons.

Normal User

Yeah those "Companies" with the Open Door policies and underground trafficking of illegals is completely blameless in this what so ever. Not to mention that if they paid Americans a working wage here rather than fat pocketing their CEO's and Exec's and hiring cheap illegal workers we'd not have this problem.

Rather going after the Source it's best to go after the symptom.

Best,

Phae
    "Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? You think that’s air you’re breathing now?" -- Morpheus
    "Whoever isn't afraid to get on the biggest horse gets to be Marshal"
    >>Click Here<<

Quote Originally Posted by Shaehl View Post
    Fuck that shit. Fucking lepers.
    RACIST ALERT RACIST ALERT!!

False alarm(), yeah, that's pretty messed up that we're getting these more and more cases of these diseases, especially leprosy.
    Pi-piru-piru-piru-pi-piru-pi-pi-piru-piru-piru-pi-piru-pi-pi-piru-pi-pi
    This'll explain everything: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL3remBDiy0
    -----------------------------------------
    I believe I did what's called making you forumfall down the stairs.-Jackhowitzer

3000+

This dude's doing his part. What are you doing?

http://www.thejump.net/humor/sniper.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    the filter is there for your protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    Fuck you I like having emotions and occasionally talking about girly things
    Date of Death: June 18, 2064.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Mulambo View Post
    that's pretty disgusting. We're either going to have to keep them out, or provide them with health care.
    We better fucking do this, and not that pussy-ass second option that will only drive the economy down farther if it's provided by the government.
    "If u have sex before marriage then in Gods eyes u are married to that person if a man rapes a woman in Gods eyes they are married it sucks for the girl but what can we do lol" -God's Soldier

1000+ Long term follower

Sorry, we have to give tax dollars to Wall Street so they can dump their bad debt on the taxpayers backs.

No money for either option.

Skree
    YoUR bLOoD IS wARm AnD SAltY, YouR maRRoW yELlOw aNd SuCCulanT, YOur sOUl RiPE fOR THe HarVEsT.

I liKE tO LEaVe fOOd sITtiNg OUt SO flIEs cAN laY eGgz in IT. i EAt tHE EGgz sO i CaN sHIt MaGgOTz fARmINg GolD.

4000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Skree View Post
    Sorry, we have to give tax dollars to Wall Street so they can dump their bad debt on the taxpayers backs.

No money for either option.
    You make a shrewd point, sir.

However, in a hypothetical world where we DID have enough money to choose one of the options, which do you think would be least expensive IF the government had to pay for all of its infected citizens? Try to keep them out, or just treat everyone?
    DELICIOUS
    "Vendor buy bank guards." - Trad.
    Join the Cybernations Darkfall Alliance.

Normal User

We'd get a lot of shit as a nation for kicking out, or trying to keep them out. Treating them all would be the morally responsible action.
    "When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called Religion."

-- Robert M. Pirsig

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Owachi View Post
    We'd get a lot of shit as a nation for kicking out, or trying to keep them out. Treating them all would be the morally responsible action.
    Nobody else thinks this way?

Zurvan is racist! :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Manifoldgodhead View Post
    Woohoo I":M DRUNK, I mean thank you for they update. I will most definably be here for release and love all over your game amazing. Thanks for spell shoelace.

Normal User

You make a shrewd point, sir.

However, in a hypothetical world where we DID have enough money to choose one of the options, which do you think would be least expensive IF the government had to pay for all of its infected citizens? Try to keep them out, or just treat everyone?
    Given how many countries have tried and failed in preventing illegal immigration I suspect it's a damn sight cheaper to just treat them.

I blame DF advanced discussion forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Branwulf View Post
    Criminals will always get their weapons, it's the fucking lunatics that you should be worried about Colonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by United States Department of Education
    Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Salo View Post
    Given how many countries have tried and failed in preventing illegal immigration I suspect it's a damn sight cheaper to just treat them.
    Bullets are pretty cheap.....
    But you don't even need to spend anything, just make it legal to kill them and over half a million americans will gladly go patrol the border for free.