2000+

Default M&B .960 or 1.003?

Which is better? Ive heard mixed reviews of 1.003--better graphics, but more lag, and no ale morale bonuses

I do enjoy the game a lot, but i want to know if i should indeed 'upgrade' it. If it means i cannot have my large battles without lag, screw it...

PROUD DARKFALL BETA TESTER
    I did report a few things!

1000+

Upgrade, it has better sound effects, better gui, and it actually runs BETTER for me with 1.003
    Quote Originally Posted by Murries4You on Youtube.com
    if not fake this really happened

Banned

1.003 is fucking awesome and there's absolutely no reason to stay with .960, unless you're fond of some particular mod that hasn't been updated yet.

It's much more polished and runs smoothly. Most people, myself included, see increase in performance if anything. New animations look great - huge difference between old amateurish ones (like in coughdarkfallcough) and the new mocapped ones. Combat looks much more dynamic, even if the mechanics themselves haven't changed. UI, music and sounds are now on pro level as well.

Playing as Khergit, reclaimed most of the territory for the claimant, no bugs/annoyances so far. Sieges suck like before (just captured Tulga defended by 300+, was really stupid), but multiple ladders with better AI or trebuchets with destructible walls are too much to ask for an indie game I guess.
    Last edited by Xelos; 09-24-2008 at 01:12.

2000+

What game are you guys talking about?
    "Only dead fishes go with the current"

2000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Xelos View Post
    Playing as Khergit, reclaimed most of the territory for the claimant, no bugs/annoyances so far. Sieges suck like before (just captured Tulga defended by 300+, was really stupid), but multiple ladders with better AI or trebuchets with destructible walls are too much to ask for an indie game I guess.
    They're working on the siege aspects in several mods, I think one actually managed workable trebuchets and destructable walls. So they can probably get it into either future expansions or sequels.

As for the OP, I would recommend upgrading, alot of factions look alot better and the new animations once you get used to them looks really nice. I'm currently in a Nord game where it's Us vs The rest, unfortunately the rest outnumber us 4 to one and the bastards have gone hippie and started making peace with each other. But that only means that much carnage awaits Ragnar before he can stand victorius atop a pile of corpses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc the Iron Tyrant of Forumfall
    I should kill you all and get it over with now.
    Google-fighting champion of Forumfall.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dwhap View Post
    What game are you guys talking about?
    Mount & Blade

Infernal Covenant Clan Leader
    2000+
    Long term follower

Dk; Dc
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4492&dateli  ne=1205268451

Never group up with a retarded Dwarf; it's not big and it's not clever.

Odd, 9.60 lags much more on my computer the 1.003. I have them both saved in differnt files so I can play them both.

Sad Goat is sad....Unless he is mad, Except if he's glad...UNLESS HE JUST CAME!

3000+

I just upgraded it. It's definitely a lot more polished, the Rhodoks aren't total shit anymore, even though they still are the weakest faction imo. They can take more of a beating then they used to though. I started a new character so I don't know how the much about the advanced part of the game yet, but I don't think there is anything worse about this version than .960. I think it does run smoother too, I'm running bigger battles than I used to be able to at a higher graphics level with less lag (none) .

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    the filter is there for your protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    Fuck you I like having emotions and occasionally talking about girly things
    Date of Death: June 18, 2064.

2000+

so i should indeed DL 1.003? alright then, thanks

i just heard that it was a bit laggier, and the common saying of forumfall went through my head: Gameplay over graphics!

PROUD DARKFALL BETA TESTER
    I did report a few things!

Banned

v.1 fo shnitzle. I'm sure there'll be lots of great mods for it soon.

9000+

they've done pretty well with polishing the game, I've noticed they've even polished up the animations so that they look a bit more realistic, my main gripe is there are still things that seem half finished that I'll probably have to play around with a bit more to check on, sieging for instance, not enough options, the A.I still uses you as a fucking marker so you barely have any chance of using real tactics with them. Oh and as people have said they still haven't bothered letting people use multiple siege equipment, hell I want the CHOICE to decide what's constructed in a siege not forcing me to use what's there and I assume they haven't even bothered changing the fief constructions at all.

It's a solid game so far but I just feel rather ripped off that I gave them money for a beta and it's still pretty much in beta, too many features missing and they seem stubbornly sticking with the idea as well that you as the main character in the game can't even become a king somehow, not only that I wanted there to be more roleplaying options in the damn thing beyond 'kill/not kill'.

I hate it when developers call it a day and piss off with your money after leaving a game half finished and touting about how great it is, that's why I didn't buy Spore, but I'm rather annoyed that even an Indie Company is doing it and expecting modders to pick up the slack for them, it's just bloody laziness.
    Last edited by Lethn; 09-24-2008 at 11:55.
    It's Lethn...if he doesn't sound pissed off then there must be a rift in the space-time continuum - Ultimo
    According to fanbois in order for there to be no problems with an MMORPG you have to imagine it isn't there, well, they say ignorance is bliss.

2000+ Long term follower

Go with the release version man.
    1.0 wins.
    TFK

9000+

*hisses* fanbois! -_-
    It's Lethn...if he doesn't sound pissed off then there must be a rift in the space-time continuum - Ultimo
    According to fanbois in order for there to be no problems with an MMORPG you have to imagine it isn't there, well, they say ignorance is bliss.