Page 1 of 10 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 148
  1. #1

    Default America needs to adopt China's birth policy or we are all screwed.

    You know what's going to cave American? Over population by people that have no business having kids in the first place. This trend we are on now of just letting the lowest common denominator breed willy nilly is going to bite us in the ass one day and it's going to be UGLY.

    You know what should happen when you walk into a hospital and you can't pay for your pregnancy? You should be jotted down on a nice little list. The second time you come in, for another kid, they refer to the list, deliver your kid, then sterilize your irresponsible ass so you can't make any more flesh turds you can't possibly afford.

    I'm so sick of seeing someone with 5+ kids walking around with no visible means of supporting them. Oh that's right, I'M SUPPORTING THEM.

    True story here kids, gather around the fire:

    I was in college at a store, buying some ramen noodles (instant soup, about .10 cents a serving), as that's what I could swing at the time and I guess eating packing insulation is part of being a student. At any rate, in front of me was a pack of 5 kids and their mother. While their massive pile of groceries was being rung up, the lady behind the counter came upon a bag of dogfood... She politely said 'Ma'am, that's not going to be covered by your LoneStar card (wellfare card)'. So the mother, without missing a beat, turned to one of her brood and said "Hey, go put this dogfood back and go get the dog some steaks"

    Good thing I was living within my means and not being a parasite while I rung up my noodles and headed home.

  2. #2
    1000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Hah yeah it really makes me mad to see leeches crawling around everywhere. Good idea about the ramen noodles, that is what I was planning on buying in bulk for college. That and dasani water. That would be my diet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murries4You on Youtube.com
    if not fake this really happened

  3. #3
    9000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sweden!
    Posts
    9,758

    Default

    The day the government tells me I can't have children I'll go V on their asses.
    Fuck you.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aragoni View Post
    The day the government tells me I can't have children I'll go V on their asses.
    Make an argument for why we should just keep on allowing unfettered breeding, I'm dying to hear an actual point aside from your illogical statement.

    Who's going to pay for all these kids? And kids brought up without proper parenting = criminals or worse in most cases - that's a fact.

    The economy can't keep pace with the level of kids being made these days, when I was a kid we'd have about 20 kids to a class, there are reports in CA of classes of 45+ and the healthcare system is being overwhelmed with no money coming in. Why do you think YOUR healthcare is so high? You're paying for kid #6 from an unfit mother because she can't keep her meat curtains closed.

    Please present your argument, I love V for Vendetta but you have no logical assertion for your statement.

  5. #5
    9000+
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ontop of your head
    Posts
    9,742

    Default

    The government can bite me as far as I'm concerned, that goes for the UK and the U.S, when they start being competent and show respect to their taxpayers instead of treating them like dirt then I might be more inclined to listen to them.

    Oh! Shiny! I just reached the 5000+ mark!

    Oh and you know what the REAL solution is for Earth being overpopulated? Space and there's tons of it along with samples actually taken from certain planets i.e mars which have water sources in them which might allow us to survive there, not to mention there's the possibility there might be tons of new and more reliable resources out there we could use, like for instance, the sun, if we built space stations around it.
    Last edited by Lethn; 09-23-2008 at 15:00.
    It's Lethn...if he doesn't sound pissed off then there must be a rift in the space-time continuum - Ultimo
    According to fanbois in order for there to be no problems with an MMORPG you have to imagine it isn't there, well, they say ignorance is bliss.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    The government can bite me as far as I'm concerned, that goes for the UK and the U.S, when they start being competent and show respect to their taxpayers instead of treating them like dirt then I might be more inclined to listen to them.

    Oh! Shiny! I just reached the 5000+ mark!

    Oh and you know what the REAL solution is for Earth being overpopulated? Space and there's tons of it along with samples actually taken from certain planets i.e mars which have water sources in them which might allow us to survive there.
    You don't think 2 kids is more than enough for someone that has no job, no prospects, and is living off of society?

    And space isn't the answer, the lowest common denominator will overwhelm natural resources and the economy long before we are all using jetpacks to get around and being Buck Rogers.

  7. #7
    9000+
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ontop of your head
    Posts
    9,742

    Default

    How exactly can they be leeching off society when America barely has any social programs to begin with? Your logic is flawed as well as many others who blame the current financial crisis on people getting off benefits, they CAN'T be leeching off the government if the government isn't providing them anything, if anything they're probably just leeching off the person who's earning them their money in the family.

    It's been said time and time again that it's the fault of the artificial and debt based economy and worthless paper money that's causing the inflation and this isn't me talking either it's Ron Paul, just ranting about something you happened to see that pisses you off doesn't mean it effects the entire fucking globe.

    And how do you know these people actually have jobs but are stuck on minimum wage and can't pay off their debts because of the rapidly rising prices with things such as oh... I don't know? Oil which the government seems to be more and more noticeably involved with pricing wise.
    Last edited by Lethn; 09-23-2008 at 15:06.
    It's Lethn...if he doesn't sound pissed off then there must be a rift in the space-time continuum - Ultimo
    According to fanbois in order for there to be no problems with an MMORPG you have to imagine it isn't there, well, they say ignorance is bliss.

  8. #8
    Leader of Groene Draeck
    (Guild Leader)

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dutchland
    Posts
    2,391

    Default

    Hmm let me see.
    *you oppose welfare so you must be a right wing/republican/libertarian
    *You suggest the government should determine who can produce children and how many they can produce, so you must be socialst/democrat/communist/*fill in any totalitarian governement*

    what is it? youre a pinky or a redneck?

  9. #9
    Specto Mundus Clan Leader Long term follower
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    new jersey USA
    Posts
    6,172

    Default

    China got rid of its policy, I believe in the late 90s... sucks for the planet.



    anyways, yes we need to control our birth rate.. big time. The planet can barely hold the population on it today, let alone in 20 years.
    Last edited by Ferox; 09-23-2008 at 15:09.
    Ferox the Wizard- Council Member of Specto Mundus - Just a bunch of old timers still waiting for Darkfall after all these years and bitching about how great the old days were.. Don't mind Us.

    http://www.spectomundus.com/mainfront.html
    http://www.mobrosgames.com/spsig.png

  10. #10

    Default

    This is a classic case of mistaking the cause and the symptoms. Overpopulation may be a problem in the future, but America will only suffer if it enforces a birth quota while other cultures continue to pump out more biomass.

    No, the real problem here is the social programs benefiting the irresponsible persons. Even if they are not completely removed there shouldn't be benefit for the grossly negligent.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    How exactly can they be leeching off society when America barely has any social programs to begin with? Your logic is flawed as well as many others who blame the current financial crisis on people getting off benefits, they CAN'T be leeching off the government if the government isn't providing them anything.

    It's been said time and time again that it's the fault of the artificial and debt based economy and worthless paper money that's causing the inflation and this isn't me talking either it's Ron Paul, just ranting about something you happened to see doesn't mean it effects the entire fucking globe.

    And how do you know these people actually have jobs but are stuck on minimum wage and can't pay off their debts because of the rapidly rising prices with things such as oh... I don't know? Oil which the government seems to be more and more noticeably involved with pricing wise.
    Not getting anything? They get tax rebates, payment for each kid each year, social programs out the yin yang, medical care, free OBGYN etc.. They may not be eating caviare every night, but they are certainly bleeding the system and overwhelming the school systems.

    Use your head man - if the lowest common denominator has 5 kids, and the people that can afford them have 2 because they are not idiots, how do you think that will work out - long term? It's not a cheery prospect. Most of those 5 kid homes don't have a father figure and their opportunities due to their poverty are slim to none. So they turn to crime or drugs or become parasites as their parents were. The cycle continues and we are footing the bill.

    You are fooling yourself if you don't think there are countless social programs out there for these kind of people. Most of them weigh out the benefit of a low paying job vs/government aid and stay unemployed because it's close to what they would be making at a career they could do.

  12. #12
    1000+
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    1,697

    Default

    If memory serves, China doesn't have a birth policy any more.
    D.A.R.E. = Drugs Are Really Expensive

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vmax View Post
    Hmm let me see.
    *you oppose welfare so you must be a right wing/republican/libertarian
    *You suggest the government should determine who can produce children and how many they can produce, so you must be socialst/democrat/communist/*fill in any totalitarian governement*

    what is it? youre a pinky or a redneck?
    I'm neither, I'm just pointing out a problem and there has to be some limiter there or we are all screwed.

    Republican / Democrat / Communist / whatever - if this isn't addressed, we will have a serious problem in the next 20-50 years.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    758

    Default

    I certainly wouldn't mind.

    Its not like they have children out of love, they do it for the odds of one of them actually being a success, rather than a complete waste of life.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferox View Post
    China got rid of its policy, I believe in the late 90s... sucks for the planet.



    anyways, yes we need to control our birth rate.. big time. The planet can barely hold the population on it today, let alone in 20 years.
    Nah, it's still around and still being applied. 1 kid in cities, 2 in rural areas.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •