Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Default The most failed professional Game Top list ever.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/featu...e-page-8-of-8/

This lists the "most important games" and I really do not know how they were thinking.
    They are mixing in what people liked with what corporations profited from with what was actually an important landmark.
    And the biggest surprise is ofcourse EA's NFL Maiden on second place while like Doom and Wolfenstein are 10 or so.

Damn lol.
    ~~~[][][][][][][][][]~~~[][][][][][][]~~~
    ~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~[][][][][]~~~~~
    ~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~[][][]~~~~~~~[][][]~~~~~~~~

Safety first, and all that, but when you start putting rubber baby buggy bumpers on an intense sandbox MMORPG like Darkfall you're really committing quite a heinous degree of heresy.
    -Paro

Normal User

WoW #4 OMFG do not even click on that link it's not worth your time

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid727 View Post
    QFT.

I bothered to read till then, however when I hit that I stared for maybe three seconds then exited the thing. That was so bad it isn't even funny.

1000+

Well, it's not the best games, but the games that have influenced gaming the most. That makes the list more right. Except #2. Wtf.

2000+

No... Actually, I would say that's about right. WoW has pulled so many more people into MMO's. Without it, there wouldn't be nearly as many MMO's on the market as there are, and no where near the number of gamers, even for niche games.

Oh yea, #2, WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Villa View Post
    While proper spelling and grammar are not essential for posting on a forum, it does help to stop you coming across as the local village idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Septus View Post
    He's not a fucking candy dispenser. If you say something useful, he'll discuss. If you act like a fucking retard, he'll troll you to magnify your idiocy.

4000+

I don't think it's a list of the 'best' games, the best lists are really impossible to make accurately because everyone has different tastes. Just the ones that have changed the industry the most, for better or worse. You have to admit, even though it's a complete clone of EQ1, that WoW has changed the face of the MMO industry forever. Madden is a series of shitty identical games that are released yearly but they still sell millions of copies on a marketing model pioneered by EA.

Still, I'd say that Doom changed the world more than GTA3, I mean it trained the columbine shooters into killing machines. You don't learn to be a killing machine with GTA3.
    DARKFALL RULES AND IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE YOU'RE A SCRUB SO GO BACK TO WOW.

1000+

I'm sure most people here don't like WOW or madden. But you can't deny their influence. WoW made MMOs bigger then they'd ever been, and madden draws in tons of people who would otherwise never touch a game controller.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownFoot View Post
    fine, I will. You owe me a sig quote tizzy.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Spart View Post
    No... Actually, I would say that's about right. WoW has pulled so many more people into MMO's. Without it, there wouldn't be nearly as many MMO's on the market as there are, and no where near the number of gamers, even for niche games.

Oh yea, #2, WTF?
    Spart's right. For better or worse, WoW has done a lot to draw fresh meat into the genre. More people means more money means more games. Even if half of the population of WoW are tools, it's gotta be a good thing for us.

Normal User

No wow geting more people to play is not really a good deal for us gamers.
    It just leads to 1000s of shity ass games like wow/"AoC"/War being made
    and we the gamers who want more (good old fun) gameplay games like DFO take years upon years to build cuz there is no real outside funding for games like this.

I just hope DFO has a good release and gets lots of people in so maby just maby DFO could change the MMO market a little

9000+

WoW is the main reason to why the MMO-scene is now so big. It deserves to be among the top-10.
    Last edited by Aragoni; 09-23-2008 at 14:08. Reason: Grammar ftl.
    Fuck you.

4000+

Like the game or not, if you don't think that WoW is one of the most important and influential games of all time you are clearly an idiot and should never enter into another discussion about videogames ever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aragoni View Post
    WoW is the main reason to why the MMO-scene is now so big. It deserves to be among the top-10.

Among the top 10 for most stupidifying thing known to the human brain.

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by ExiliuM View Post
    Well, it's not the best games, but the games that have influenced gaming the most. That makes the list more right. Except #2. Wtf.
    That game totally changed what people expected from sports games, which are a HUGE section of the gaming market. Although, I am a little surprised by it being #2 and NHL Hockey '94 not even making the list.

2000+

My personal biggest let down/failure for any game was Tribes 2/3. Tribes 2 completely lost the feal of the first game, and the 3rd one was just plain horrible.

Not far behind in 2nd place was Master's of Orion III. What a POS that was....
    "Only dead fishes go with the current"

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    Among the top 10 for most stupidifying thing known to the human brain.
    Among the top 10 since it influenced (almost) the whole fucking gaming-industry.
    Fuck you.