Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    3000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    south philly, usa
    Posts
    3,544

    Default It's my generation, baby

    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSPEK2402720080917

    And my generation, at least in America, is doomed. I would like to extend a personal thanks to all of those who are planning on voting for McCain or Obama: you are truly the greatest heroes of all.

    For those of you who don't feel like clicking, I'll sum up:

    China: "We need a new world currency that doesn't rely on the USD."

    In the distance, a turd dropping into a toilet is heard.

    tl;dr: The USD is doomed. buy gold while you can.
    www.alltimed.org/l33t

    Thunder Scott//Justinian//Crucifixion//Amalek

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Depression Land
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSPEK2402720080917

    And my generation, at least in America, is doomed. I would like to extend a personal thanks to all of those who are planning on voting for McCain or Obama: you are truly the greatest heroes of all.

    For those of you who don't feel like clicking, I'll sum up:

    China: "We need a new world currency that doesn't rely on the USD."

    In the distance, a turd dropping into a toilet is heard.

    tl;dr: The USD is doomed. buy gold while you can.
    Oh! Oh! Conspiracy! The government has been working to get all the gold off the market for years so they'll have it all when the economy collapses!

  3. #3
    3000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    south philly, usa
    Posts
    3,544

    Default

    I wasn't suggesting a conspiracy, if that's what you're suggesting. I'm just saying. We're fucked, yo.
    www.alltimed.org/l33t

    Thunder Scott//Justinian//Crucifixion//Amalek

  4. #4
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    657

    Default If the internet had existed in 1929...

    I expect that the United States will lose its preëminence sooner because of the financial crisis, but a I believe that life will remain better than bearable afterward all the same.
    Last edited by Delthayre; 09-22-2008 at 04:46.
    Prosperity is only an instrument to be used, not a deity to be worshipped.
    ~Calvin Coolidge

  5. #5
    1000+
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Merica'
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    yea your probably right. we wont be a third world country....probably
    "The more I study science, the more I believe in God"
    -Albert Einstein


  6. #6
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delthayre View Post
    I expect that the United States will lose its preëminence sooner because of the financial crisis, but a I believe that life will remain better than bearable afterward all the same.
    Can't see it happening in the next 50 years and I'll be dead by then. Have fun learning Chinese young uns!

  7. #7
    Normal User Maize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Cao ni zu zong shi ba dai.
    ~~~Khaal Dramhi~~~
    Spoiler

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSPEK2402720080917


    In the distance, a turd dropping into a toilet is heard.

    .
    It was the monopoly guy!
    "Every government agency at every level is merely an administrative unit of the monolithic, fiat currency-fueled, Warfare/Welfare/Homeland Security Leviathan that must collapse – and the sooner, the better – if civilization is to recover." - William Norman Grigg

  9. #9
    1000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    PHILLY
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    China will never overcome us, we have all kinds of leverage over them with World of Warcraft.

  10. #10
    IRC Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Outside Dallas
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    you could of at least posted the song if you were going to make such an enticing title

    here ya go: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7xZOrWK6d4g


    Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paganini View Post
    China will never overcome us, we have all kinds of leverage over them with World of Warcraft.
    Really, even in WoW, who do you buy your gold from?

  12. #12
    1000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,841

    Default

    Who provides the servers and games?

    China may hold our money, but we have them by the balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackapell
    I do bear the Mark of the Beast, so Brannoc put me in charge of moderating Off Topic. Despair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaker View Post
    Dignity? Its a fucking video game.

  13. #13
    1000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    PHILLY
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Really, even in WoW, who do you buy your gold from?
    Exactly, imagine all the sweatshops that will be forced into closure if WoW gets removed from the Chinese market

  14. #14
    1000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vansterdam
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Looks like Canada got the last laugh. Actually, we've been laughing at you for quite a while now. Unless you plan on going out with a bang and invading Canada, there's not much you can do about it. Where's ClownFoot?

    Zurvan is racist! :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Manifoldgodhead View Post
    Woohoo I":M DRUNK, I mean thank you for they update. I will most definably be here for release and love all over your game amazing. Thanks for spell shoelace.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TubeSock View Post
    Looks like Canada got the last laugh. Actually, we've been laughing at you for quite a while now. Unless you plan on going out with a bang and invading Canada, there's not much you can do about it. Where's ClownFoot?
    If the US goes down, we're taking our hemisphere with us, and probably Europe too. Ironically, I see China's economy crashing with us as well, as we're consumers and they're producers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •