Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2000+

Default Armored Core For Answer

http://armoredcoreforanswer.us.ubi.c...2Bfor%2Banswer

1# Will anybody be playing this?

2# Is it an expansion? Or a new game?

3# Is AC on Xbox Live worth it?

*edit*

Here is another video with the customization aspect of the game.
    http://armoredcoreforanswer.us.ubi.c...2Bfor%2Banswer

Discuss...
    Last edited by Curcio; 09-17-2008 at 19:38.
    "For every Complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong."
    "I will endure all this subhuman driveling shit with a smile."
    SSBB Friend code: 0344-8947-8367

Normal User

I made a fake japanese xbox live account and downloaded the demo. Its exactly the same as AC4 exept the mech is now harder to control. Theres no side hover, you actualy have to turn.
    "Cattle die kindred die every man is mortal, but i know one thing that never dies, the glory of the great dead" - Viking Poem

89% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Jesus came here to kick ass and cure leprosy, and i dont see any lepors around here.

2000+

Wow... So it is worse?
    "For every Complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong."

Normal User

In the demo i couldent see a difference worth buying it if you already have AC4. AC4 on Xbox live was fun, but it had the same problem as all mech games where you can build a mech from the ground up do(coughchromehoundscough). an ultimate design comes out and noone uses anything but that.
    Last edited by Ace07; 09-17-2008 at 19:44.
    "Cattle die kindred die every man is mortal, but i know one thing that never dies, the glory of the great dead" - Viking Poem

Jesus came here to kick ass and cure leprosy, and i dont see any lepors around here.

4000+ Long term follower

It certainly looks like it will be fun.
    Beta Beta Mahirim Jihad
    Without freedom to fail, freedom to succeed is meaningless.

4000+ Long term follower

Last Armored Core I played was the first one on PSX. That game rocked harder than a rockslide. I take it the sequels weren't as awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Morgan
    I hope Darkfall's NDA requires that we can't say its name in public. Then we will refer to it as "That which cannot be named".

2000+

Yah... I know that problem well. It is all a part balance issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Goty View Post
    Last Armored Core I played was the first one on PSX. That game rocked harder than a rockslide. I take it the sequels weren't as awesome?
    And ya. Alot of people thought the sequels were subpar compared to the original PSX versions. I am still deciding on it.
    Last edited by Curcio; 09-17-2008 at 19:47.

Normal User

Microsoft needs to get off their asses and make Mechwarrior 5. Or at least a Mechassault 3.

I want my Mad Cat... or an Elemental if they would put one in, outside of the mektek patches that is....
    Last edited by Ace07; 09-17-2008 at 20:00.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Ace07 View Post
    Microsoft needs to get off their asses and make Mechwarrior 5. Or at least a Mechassault 3.

I want my Mad Cat... or an Elemental if they would put one in, outside of the mektek patches that is....
    Yah, I used to play in the old battletech centers at this one place in SF (with cockpit booths and everything!) and I loved jumping in my mechs as a Timberwolf and ripping people apart. I miss the good 'ol battletech games.

I've been aching for a good customed mech game that I can play online... Hope this new game answers my calling.
    Last edited by Curcio; 09-17-2008 at 20:14.

2000+

I just watched some videos of this game and it seems that they accelerated all the things that made it awesome and removed all the things that made it slower (such as allowing all shoulder cannons to be fired while moving)!

I am personally looking forward to buying a 360 and getting this game with it. Will keep me busy until DF. And will definetly improve my twitch combat skills!

Here are a few videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q0eq...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg4L8...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blM2vueridc

I love super fast action like this. Makes it feel like one of those Gundam episodes with the ridiculously fast mechs. Freaking awesome!
    Last edited by Curcio; 09-23-2008 at 00:06.

If I had one of the consoles for it, I'd play it.

The non-numbered AC games are expansions of sorts. They mostly use the engine of the previous numbered AC game, and many of them allow you to carry over save data from previous games, but they function standalone if necessary.

Also, does AC4A suddenly require you to aim, where previous games, though combat required skill, had lockon? If not, how is there twitch in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy Wrong View Post
    [Alfar]'s like a Stephen Hawking rookie card.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998altima View Post
    What if our imagination is a figment of the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by YGOTAS#13
    Gay people like to hibernate in caves.

Normal User

i think i'll try this out i enjoyed the prievious AC games and this look like it may be fun to atleast tweak with.

Normal User

I'm definitely going to be picking it up on the PS3, have been a big fan since I first played AC2 on the PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by alfaroverall View Post
    Also, does AC4A suddenly require you to aim, where previous games, though combat required skill, had lockon? If not, how is there twitch in it?
    Still the same lock-on method, as always. As far as having twitch, imo the word shouldn't be applied to any console game.
    Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live.

DF:UW - Dead Myth

9000+

can you imagine how fucking awesome a mechwarrior game would be now if they made it with brand new graphics and didn't change the gameplay at all? I think I only played mech warrior a bit but it looked pretty cool and I generally like the idea of mechs in games.
    It's Lethn...if he doesn't sound pissed off then there must be a rift in the space-time continuum - Ultimo
    According to fanbois in order for there to be no problems with an MMORPG you have to imagine it isn't there, well, they say ignorance is bliss.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    can you imagine how fucking awesome a mechwarrior game would be now if they made it with brand new graphics and didn't change the gameplay at all? I think I only played mech warrior a bit but it looked pretty cool and I generally like the idea of mechs in games.
    I don't remember the name, but someone's making a full blown Mechwarrior mod using Crysis.

Also, Clan Wolf for life.

edit: here we go:
    http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/
    Last edited by Yamamoto; 09-23-2008 at 06:57. Reason: link
    Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live.

DF:UW - Dead Myth