Page 1 of 8 12 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Should parrents be forbidden...

Should parrents be forbidden to have children if one of them has or carries a severe genetic disease?

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Toilet View Post
    Should parrents be forbidden to have children if one of them has or carries a severe genetic disease?
    Only if the probability of the child getting a Severe Genetic Disease is High..I say 70%.

Although there will be people saying that you are denying people life, even if they are going to be servely disabled and cost money which could be put to bettter use.

GOD OF SOMETHING!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyborn View Post
    he doesn't pwn he qwn's...that's right, a whole letter more of ownage.

Normal User

In before walls of text.

But IMO, no, they should not be forbidden; as rational human beings they should know that they could and probably will be ruining the life of a human being. They should know better; use protection and, if they seriously can't go on without a child, adopt.
    "Never that which is shall die"
    Euripides

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Razli View Post
    Only if the probability of the child getting a Severe Genetic Disease is High..I say 70%.

Although there will be people saying that you are denying people life, even if they are going to be servely disabled and cost money which could be put to bettter use.
    Denying people life is like sterelizing pets, and if you deny that, you are a hypocrite.

5000+

Denying people life is like sterelizing pets, and if you deny that, you are a hypocrite.
    Meh. I Say you should be able to, as I said, just if the probnbility is high.

Plus I suppose some people will say that people are trying to play god, and things should just go on as normal. But we know that as we advance technologically, Things will be changing. FOr the better or worse is at yet unknown.

GOD OF SOMETHING!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Haart Maystorm View Post
    In before walls of text.

But IMO, no, they should not be forbidden; as rational human beings they should know that they could and probably will be ruining the life of a human being. They should know better; use protection and, if they seriously can't go on without a child, adopt.
    Its also an effective way of reducing the human growth short-term, and reduce the amount of money that goes into helping all the people with severe genetic diseases, which could be better spent developing cures for stuff like HIV and malaria.

10,000+

No, common sense and mercy should take care of that.

Darkfall is going to be an FPS, First Person Sworder, which means you're going to sword the first person you meet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Razli View Post
    Meh. I Say you should be able to, as I said, just if the probnbility is high.

Plus I suppose some people will say that people are trying to play god, and things should just go on as normal. But we know that as we advance technologically, Things will be changing. FOr the better or worse is at yet unknown.
    No one cries about selective breeding of plants and animals, once again, hypocrites.

I dont think people should have the "right" to have children at all. Everyone in any first world country should have to get a license to have children.

Things like having an extensive criminal history, not having income or genetic diseases with a high probability should automatically disqualify you.

In the near future most genetic diseases will be 100% curable.. so that just leaves being an unemployed fuckign loser or criminals not being able to breed.

2000+

i think people with IQ's less than 100 should be sterilized.
    /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    The Darkfall community has always been a source of good feedback, constructive criticism, and inspiration for the Darkfall developers and we'll keep it that way by doing away with the non-constructive elements.
    JTT - Never Forget 10-18-08

5000+

No one cries about selective breeding of plants and animals, once again, hypocrites.
    Indeedy they are.

GOD OF SOMETHING!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lachrymose View Post
    i think people with IQ's less than 100 should be sterilized.
    IQ is only so and so dependant on genes, much more dependant on nutrition after and before birth.

10,000+

There is a difference between breeding animals and humans: animals are the property of their owners, humans are not a property of their nation.

IQ is only so and so dependant on genes, much more dependant on nutrition after and before birth.
    So if I take a dog and feed him whatever Einstein ate it will become smart? Or if I raise an infant on dog food it's gonna turn out stupid?
    Last edited by Helgeran; 09-17-2008 at 18:13.

Darkfall is going to be an FPS, First Person Sworder, which means you're going to sword the first person you meet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Milo Hobgoblin View Post
    I dont think people should have the "right" to have children at all. Everyone in any first world country should have to get a license to have children.

Things like having an extensive criminal history, not having income or genetic diseases with a high probability should automatically disqualify you.

In the near future most genetic diseases will be 100% curable.. so that just leaves being an unemployed fuckign loser or criminals not being able to breed.
    /Agree

I actually argued with my parrents regarding this topic, and they disagreed and said it was racist, nazistic, fascistic and compared it with when Nazi Germany performed tests on disabled people.... wtf.

4000+

Eventually the human race will probably face a situation where they will be required to control reproduction because of overpopulation.

At that point, yeah, they should probably be the first people forbidden to have children. However, until then, no.