Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 31213
    4000+

Quote Originally Posted by Septus View Post
    Actually it would allow for ideal diversity. A common law, with various competing systems for people to use as they see fit.

Imagine if the system in question was not shariah law, but some competing system derived from the native population.

Would you still be opposed, or would be applauding its inception as analogous to the idea of competing currencies?
    I would still be apposed to it.
    What will an attack from Russia look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Caffy View Post
    palo god saved my cock!

14,000+

Actually it would allow for ideal diversity. A common law, with various competing systems for people to use as they see fit.
    That's an oxymoron. Common law by definition needs to be as uniform as possible.

Imagine if the system in question was not shariah law, but some competing system derived from the native population.

Would you still be opposed, or would be applauding its inception as analogous to the idea of competing currencies?
    No, I would say the exact same thing. The competing currencies analogy doesn't really fit (and even if it did, I've never said I was in favor of competing currencies )

Tea-Bagging since 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Ches View Post
    Im voteing Obama
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc
    God damn newbie trolls...try harder next time.

Normal User

Nobody is being 'tried' by Sharia courts in the Uk. This is an arbitration body it is there for civil matters not judicial.

And the idea that our country is being 'taken over' by muslims is bloody ridiculous. They are a minority population. Other settled minority communities have been given similar consideration as has been pointed out (the Jewish arbitration bodies).

Fucked up or not, I've seen life and do not have some rainbow colored glass's to look thru anymore. I am not letting my children live in a new middle-east. I don't give a fuck about 'fair' either, so like it or not, I would suggest you not let it happen, because men like me do exist.
    I have seen life also. I have no rainbow coloured glasses. I also don't have glasses that are muddied over with racist bullshit.

3000+

Why?!

I have lost all my respect for the UK - no wonder Norway is trying to break off from the European landmass, it will take some time but one day we will be an island on our own!

2000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Salo View Post
    Nobody is being 'tried' by Sharia courts in the Uk. This is an arbitration body it is there for civil matters not judicial.

And the idea that our country is being 'taken over' by muslims is bloody ridiculous. They are a minority population. Other settled minority communities have been given similar consideration as has been pointed out (the Jewish arbitration bodies).

I have seen life also. I have no rainbow coloured glasses. I also don't have glasses that are muddied over with racist bullshit.
    I would go as far to say the problems muslims are creating and the great devide they are pushing in both England and France if anything is a push to "take over" by stepping past the common law and dictate there own.

Quote Originally Posted by Spineless_DoO View Post
    I would go as far to say the problems muslims are creating and the great devide they are pushing in both England and France if anything is a push to "take over" by stepping past the common law and dictate there own.
    seriously.....

What are you on about? Dictate there own law?

You lot are just fucking idiots, whats is going on here is nothing new, the jews have done it, i could go and do it if i wanted to... Muslims are not taking over the courts and cutting peoples hands off. You are all just having a racist knee jerk reaction without any grasp of what is really going on.

There are a number of halakha courts representing different interpretations of Jewish law in america for fuck sake —Agudath Israel of America, Beth Din of America, etc. These halakha courts are already functioning within the legal system of the U.S.

It would seem that faith based arbitration is an existing part of our and your legal system, and that considering sharia as somehow less acceptable than halakha has no basis in anything other than you being racist fucktards.
    Last edited by Spinewire; 09-16-2008 at 10:48.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite
    Your signature has been noted to be extraordinarily violent by several users, I agree. Please change it. =[

Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    That's it, I'm moving to Sweden now, fuck getting an internship here.
    lol.

You won't belive this but I met an American in my Hostel the past week who was trying to get asylum in Sweden from America.

We welcome brits to.

But we'd prefer it if you just blew up the parlaiment house as they do in V.

Cheers.
    ~~~[][][][][][][][][]~~~[][][][][][][]~~~
    ~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~[][][][][]~~~~~
    ~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~[][][]~~~~~~~[][][]~~~~~~~~

Safety first, and all that, but when you start putting rubber baby buggy bumpers on an intense sandbox MMORPG like Darkfall you're really committing quite a heinous degree of heresy.
    -Paro

Quote Originally Posted by Spinewire View Post
    You are all just having a racist knee jerk reaction without any grasp of what is really going on.
    it's not racist when you are predjudiced against a religion.
    There are a number of halakha courts representing different interpretations of Jewish law in america for fuck sake —Agudath Israel of America, Beth Din of America, etc. These halakha courts are already functioning within the legal system of the U.S.
    You know, if the jews still enforced their archaic and barbaric laws on their followers, this might be relevant.
    It would seem that faith based arbitration is an existing part of our and your legal system, and that considering sharia as somehow less acceptable than halakha has no basis in anything other than you being racist fucktards.
    Or it could be that sharia is part of the teachings that include good stuff like...if you arent muslim you have 3 choices, become muslim, become a secondary human in all ways to any muslim, or die. Last time I checked, jews dont kill those who leave the jewish faith or riot in the streets when a cartoon is made about Moses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkon Fargor View Post
    You won't belive this but I met an American in my Hostel the past week who was trying to get asylum in Sweden from America.

We welcome brits to.

But we'd prefer it if you just blew up the parlaiment house as they do in V.

Cheers.
    And just how easily is it to get citizenship in Sweden?

Quote Originally Posted by Gibsnag View Post
    I'm sorry, how is domestic violence a motherfucking civil matter? This is not some business rivalry, noisy neighbours or a messy divorce. Its some douchebag beating his wife up, how the fuck is that a civil matter?
    Unfortunately, it sort of is. Police officers are at some of their greatest risk in domestic violence cases from the very women they are attempting to protect. Unfortunately, these are not rationale situations. I'm not making that information up, ask some local PD about it, but go with the city guys who do a lot of that work, not some rural traffic cop.
    zero

"A good martial artist does not become tense, but ready. Not thinking, yet not dreaming. Ready for whatever may come. When the opponent expands, I contract. And when he contracts, I expand. And when there is an opportunity, I do not hit, it hits all by itself." - Bruce Lee

2000+

/care

this does not affect me in any way, shape or form.

also, i think some of you are very racist.

1000+

I don't understand why this is such a big deal. It's basically like going to a third party to settle the dispute instead of the government, except that their system is probably gonna be tax payer funded which I would care about, but it's the fucking UK and they're already spending happy so who gives a fuck?

In America you can chose to settle a dispute by going to your Priest or Minister or whatever instead of going to the civil courts. There's nothing stopping folks from doing it. If both parties agree it doesn't effect anyone else at all. This isn't criminal proceedings, it's just settling shit like that guy needs to pay me this much because he accidentally broke my vase or he wrote that I was a pederass and I demand payment for libel.

Normal User

I don't understand why this is such a big deal.
    Because dem ay-rabs our the devil and our takin over by killin dem good Christian babies.

I know now-a-days Muslim = brown = terrorist = demon = kill them all, but let's for once use some reason. Jews have had the same arrangement in the UK for more than a hundred years. All it is now that people who went to an imam to settle domestic disputes can now use his verdict as law-binding. Felonies will still be tried in British secular courts. And all punishments/dealings cannot violate British law.