Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    4000+

Default Help me pick my senior project

Two requirements: I have to be able to put in 40 hours of work on it by the end of February, and it has to benefit the community. Also, of course this needs to be kept to a high school level of appropriateness. Past that there are no set in stone rules, although involving raw cash is discouraged due to an extra level of complexity. My written proposal is due at the end of the month, but I'd like to have it done by monday if possible just so I can get a jump start.

I came here last year to ask for a good Junior paper topic and I got a unique one that managed to get me a solid B+, would have been an A if my bottom margin was half an inch lower but that's still a good grade considering I had one of the most anal history teachers in the district. Let's see if lightning strikes twice shall we?
    DARKFALL RULES AND IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE YOU'RE A SCRUB SO GO BACK TO WOW.

Banned

Sign up to take care of old people. I just park them in from of a blank wall and eat their apple sauce for 5 hours a day. Its EASY.

2000+

contsruct a giant slingshot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kietharr View Post
    Two requirements: I have to be able to put in 40 hours of work on it by the end of February, and it has to benefit the community. Also, of course this needs to be kept to a high school level of appropriateness. Past that there are no set in stone rules, although involving raw cash is discouraged due to an extra level of complexity. My written proposal is due at the end of the month, but I'd like to have it done by monday if possible just so I can get a jump start.

I came here last year to ask for a good Junior paper topic and I got a unique one that managed to get me a solid B+, would have been an A if my bottom margin was half an inch lower but that's still a good grade considering I had one of the most anal history teachers in the district. Let's see if lightning strikes twice shall we?
    Just do something generic like picking up trash on the side of the road.

And about your sig, I thought that was Hackapell's reaction to your description of sleeping with a fourteen-year-old. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Normal User

Volunteer for the campaign of your choice and write a report about the experience. This is of course guessing you could squeeze in 40 hours of volunteer time over the next 51? odd days.

start an athletic program to get the lil gamer kids off the games and so they dont get fat if they aint already

Lol I have to do this too, I chose directing a play, it was the easiest thing I could think of, pick a nice short play, tell the actors to act and you're good to go. it benefits the community, gets the 40 hours done quick and all with relativiely litle work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrin
    The hyped abomination has been slain by the hand of the righteous—let it rot in the pit of death and decay that it has prepared for itself.
    Official Human Advocate

I'm 1.000 in World Wars...

Join the "insert approaching holiday here" parade organizers. It's easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    Volunteer for the campaign of your choice and write a report about the experience. This is of course guessing you could squeeze in 40 hours of volunteer time over the next 51? odd days.
    lol math? The end of February is well over 120 days away.

Anyway, 40 hours in one program is tough stuff. I did 50 hours worth of community service but it was scattered around in various areas. Sorry I can't help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy Wrong View Post
    [Alfar]'s like a Stephen Hawking rookie card.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998altima View Post
    What if our imagination is a figment of the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by YGOTAS#13
    Gay people like to hibernate in caves.

Normal User

So glad I didn't have to worry about a senior project like this. I have a different senior project to worry about. Making some amazing get me an awesome job piece of software/coding. It's going to take me alot more than 40 hours though.

X~
    Pirates = Ninja School Dropouts

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Spankytwo View Post
    Sign up to take care of old people. I just park them in from of a blank wall and eat their apple sauce for 5 hours a day. Its EASY.
    Sure, just ignore my ideas

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by ClownFoot View Post
    Join the "insert approaching holiday here" parade organizers. It's easy.
    Fuck no, I did that for years in boyscouts, I've had enough with the goddamned strawberry festival, that's the only parade we have here.

Anyways, I don't know if I can do a political campaign and I doubt that Nader's got a campaign HQ anywhere around here, sorry but I'm not bringing myself to work for any of the mainstream candidates or any third parties, working on the Nader campaign would be for the sheer comedy value.

And as for programs alfaroverall, you don't HAVE to join an existing one, you can make your own shit if you want. For example, a friend of mine is going to do an information campaign around CERN and the LHC after a bunch of idiots brought it up in CWI and started saying it was going to end the world.

Another friend of mine taught Japanese after school, another cleaned sidewalks with a pressure washer (lol, the issue with that is you've got to explain to a panel how exactly your project improved you and your community in a 30 minute long speech, there's not much to be said about pressure washing sidewalks).

I might do an information campaign, I'd try to do some sort of Geography considering how hard the lolable European geography quiz just owned the entire senior class, except me of course because I'm amazing.
    DARKFALL RULES AND IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE YOU'RE A SCRUB SO GO BACK TO WOW.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    Sounded pretty sound.

[☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠][☠]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitom View Post
    If I didnt have forumfall to let out my negativity, I would have had cancer by now. Fuck you, you fucking fuck for wanting me to get cancer. Im'a report your ass.

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Kietharr View Post

Sniper for the border patrol. Totally.
    WOLVERINES UNITE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordhak View Post
    I've got a decent salve for that. If you catch my drift.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLily View Post
    Normally dispensed by hand pump I'd imagine.
    Look into my dark side

Write a letter to your state asking them to decrease funding for your school.