Normal User

Default Who plays anarchy online?

thats one of the first mmorpgs i still play every now and then.

14,000+

good for you

14,000+

metaphysicist was no fun, i shoulda rolled a martial artist

Tea-Bagging since 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Ches View Post
    Im voteing Obama
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc
    God damn newbie trolls...try harder next time.

3000+

I haven't played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    the filter is there for your protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    Fuck you I like having emotions and occasionally talking about girly things
    Date of Death: June 18, 2064.

5000+

I didn't.
    Hope, progress, and growth spring from the crypt of realized fallacies

[LoD]

2000+

I tried it, but it didn't live up to my expectations. I didn't like the idea that you're ship was your avatar. If they had the ability to walk around your ship and had explorable planets in the game, it would be a hell of a lot better.
    "Only dead fishes go with the current"

2000+ Long term follower

I played it when ir first came out in 01.
    Ran around and joined a guild, but didnt stay with the game long.
    TFK

IRC Moderator

I tried playing it when it first came out but it was way to buggy

Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

4000+

I hated it.

I've played it on and off. It's quite a fun game from what I remember.

It's fun to make some very low level character who is fully "rubberbanded" to the highest possible level gear and cause some newbie ganking.

Normal User

Didn't play it wasn't so interested in it.

Played it few years ago. Was realy great game.

When the promised update that switch it on AoC engine is coming?
    Hear the heartbeat of the world: http://zfacts.com/p/461.html

Normal User

My first MMO back in '06, I was never really into MMOs until I ran into AO. I loathed the cartoon graphics of WoW and few others. I really to this day wish that I had played a prior MMO when I joined it. I say this because well I never became successful in the game. Never learned to twink(and in AO it was difficult had to know your math and items real well, non of that WoW BS I read about) always had money problems, some reason I kept running into assholes.

Although frankly speaking the community is very mature, very nice and usually the assholes kept quite usually sticking to noob guilds and never advancing much in level nor anything really.

I blame pretty much my failure of that game in joining my first guild. It was like a chain reaction of events, snowball rolling down a mountain, months and months of constant harassment. I think if I had joined a guild with level 220s, PvP'ers, a city, regular raiding knowledgeable. I'd probably would still be playing it as we speak and I'd be very happy and enjoying the game. Great game if you get into it but the game kinda died down since '05. I spoke to a few people from RK2 who have toons on RK1 and mentioned RK1 and 2 had a hell of a lot more people in '05 right up to mid '06.

I'm aware it's getting a new engine but I really think FC should scrap their next MMO and just focus on AO 2. I doubt they will but AO is a great game the concept, complexity, it was very niche game. Think Eve but not as populated nor well known. Some people trash it right away, I agree it's a tough game, huge learning curve and graphically old but it's one hell of a concept in it's entirely.

Looking back I wish I had done all I could to enjoy it even to this day the stigma of some of those idiots still haunts me. Yeah I'm aware it's JUST a game but I spent my money and A LOT of my time on it. It's why I always find myself never finding the right guild and even if I join one it's always some crap guild that is just there for the sake of existence. Heck I solo all the time I usually have a guild tag on just for the hell of it and not get bothered by tells. After I quit AO, I rarely enjoyed any MMOs and if I do I burn out almost immediately, never get any help. I gotta say this might sound odd but I think Anarchy Online has some sort of Nordic-black magic attached to the game because I REALLY loved that game I mean there's still players from June 2001 still playing it as a matter of fact some of the players are so old that their forum age doesn't go any further back because the forums were remade when it went live.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalSign View Post
    In Moralist America, Democracy screw YOU!

It's only a matter of time before the federal government decides to jump on the sensationalist band-wagon and waste more taxpayer money on worthless prohibitions.

Normal User

I played it when it initially came out. Annoyed the living hell out of me that the Martial Artist had like two animations.

And, the ubertwinking was sort of fun.

Normal User

Played from open beta into release. Didn't stay with the game for very long, maybe 6 months or a year, and didn't play it obsessively. I had a shed of a computer at the time and it could barely cope with a tightly programmed game. A baggy, saggy, laggy and leaky monstrosity like AO just about gave it a coronary.