Page 1 of 7 12 ... LastLast

Default I think i was the victim of a hate crime.......

I am at a party at a friends house and later that night after everybody was passed out 2 guys came in the house an beat the shit out of me, while I'm passed out. Well after this i thought, maybe i just really pissed someone off but i asked my friends about it an they said i didn't piss anyone off that much. So now the only logical motive i can think of was that it was a racist hate crime, they were both white. What does this sound like to you?

5000+

They hate you.
    Hope, progress, and growth spring from the crypt of realized fallacies

[LoD]

1000+

Like a random act of violence.

"You know, Dick, if I had my way, I'd meet Rommel face to face; him in his [Hover]tank and me in [my Hover tank]. We'd meet out there somewhere [in our Hover tanks]... salute each other, maybe drink a toast, then we'd button up [our Hover tanks] and do battle. " - Patton

2000+

When you beat somone up isnt it typicaly because you hate them?

I just dont wanna jump to conclusions on who did it an why. Cuz people are gonna get hurt.

5000+ Long term follower

How are you gonna find out who they were? And how will you be sure? Because appearantly nobody wanted to defend your passed out ness.

2000+ Long term follower

You are not the authorities investigating the incident, nor are you the prosecutor in charge of trying those responsible. Maybe you shouldn't concern yourself with the motive and start asking yourself whether it's a good idea to drink yourself into a stupor in an unsafe place.

Speaking more broadly, classifying incidents like this as "hate crimes" is very dangerous. It is already against the law to beat someone up, we don't need to start legislating new classifications and punishments, most of which are based on pure speculation about what the perpetrator's true agenda was. "Hate crime" or "race violence" are very divisive terms and don't solve any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Knight View Post
    That's why the USA wins.... we all play monopoly as kids. So we are used to the concept of fake money.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Ammon777 View Post
    How are you gonna find out who they were? And how will you be sure? Because appearantly nobody wanted to defend your passed out ness.

Aye I was wondering where his "friends" where at the time.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by MinusInnocence View Post
    Speaking more broadly, classifying incidents like this as "hate crimes" is very dangerous. It is already against the law to beat someone up, we don't need to start legislating new classifications and punishments, most of which are based on pure speculation about what the perpetrator's true agenda was. "Hate crime" or "race violence" are very divisive terms and don't solve any problems.
    Hear hear!
    “The Great Depression, like most other periods of severe unemployment, was produced by government mismanagement rather than by any inherent instability of the private economy.” - Milton Friedman

In God we trust.
    Everyone else...keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    They was all in other rooms of the house, except adam and they beat him up too as soon as he got up to help me. We had passed out in the front room near the door.

Pointing and laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by MinusInnocence View Post
    You are not the authorities investigating the incident, nor are you the prosecutor in charge of trying those responsible. Maybe you shouldn't concern yourself with the motive and start asking yourself whether it's a good idea to drink yourself into a stupor in an unsafe place.

while i agree that hate crimes are just a means of adding extra punishement, i see no reason to take them away. in some cases its deserved. Like that kid that got tied up in barbed wire and drug (dragged?) around cause he was gay. That deserves extra punishment imo. but in this case you dont even know who did it, much less what their motive was, so its a big leap to jump from assault to hate crime.

this too
    Quote Originally Posted by Viluin Likes to Swallow View Post
    Click the link
    MMORPG.com - Fox News' internet division
    Epicor's Official Carebear List:

NapalmEnema, Kin

Normal User

Sorry man it was me. Won't do it again.

Lighten up man, people get beat up at parties all the time. Be thankful you didn't get stabbed, shot or clubbed with a bat. And hey, they didn't do such a great job if you are here typing. Live and learn. Just don't let it make you hate all us whiteys.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Xtra-Medium View Post
    They was all in other rooms of the house, except adam and they beat him up too as soon as he got up to help me. We had passed out in the front room near the door.
    live and learn...dont pass out at random party's.