Page 1 of 7 12 ... LastLast
    Normal User

Default Starcraft Tournament Part2 (Signups)

Alright, since Alfaroverall has been busy with school.. I took it upon myself to get this going again. As I would really like to have this actually happen. There have been some modifications to the ruleset and will be more modifications depending on how many people sign up and how things go.

Here's the current Forumcraft ruleset
    • Matches will be best 2 out of 3, the winner advancers and loser is out, no losers bracket.
    • The schedual will be produced once signups are finished, and will be designed using an RNG
    • After the matchups are set, you have one week to work out a date and time that you and your opponent can both play at.. If a game is not played and one player has not been online, he is disqualified.
    • Maps - Each player will choose one map from the following maps : Bluestorm, Andromedia, Python, Zodiac, Peaks of Beakdu and Katrina.
    • The third map, if needed, will be picked by an RNG and will appear on the schedual.
    • Entry is Free
    • I will be donating $29.73 towards a prize pool that will be sent out on paypal.
    • Replays will need to be sent to myself, Tigus or Alfaroverall. Make sure to save your replays!
    • Games will be played out on Hamachi
    • Registration will close monday the 8th at 12:01 am EST.
    • Tournament will start Monday shortly after, barring no problems.

A few notes here, none of us are super great players.... This is a noob friendly tournament, mostly for fun! So don't be shy show up! All of the maps are located at www.iccup.com , so go and get them . Also if you have any questions you can whisper me here or whisper me in the Darkfall irc channel.

Let the registration begin, Post here with your names so that I can start compiling a list and schedual.
    Last edited by Xife; 09-04-2008 at 08:44.

Normal User

Normal User

Nice, I hope you get enough competitors to start. I can't join unfortunately (school and crap), but hopefully you all post up your replays afterwards.
    Those who cling to life die and those who defy death live.

DF:UW - Dead Myth

Normal User

dude if you could hold off for about 3 weeks i may be able to join! I have exams for the next couple of weeks...
    I'm writing an online novel. If you find yourself bored with nothing to do, please read it and give me feedback.
    >>> Eyes of Coal <<<
    My DA with my amateur photography.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by squrrilslayer View Post
    dude if you could hold off for about 3 weeks i may be able to join! I have exams for the next couple of weeks...
    Unfortunately I don't think we can hold it off for 3 weeks, but three games in a week isn't too bad no? Avg SC game is only about 20 minutes and you have a week to finish one series.. so an hour a week.

3000+

29.73$ you say.

Exhilirating.

Gl with the tourney.
    The Original Guybrush Threepwood
    EU 1
    Jump quitting and ctrlaltdelendprocessing since 97.

Thanks for doing that Xife, heh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy Wrong View Post
    [Alfar]'s like a Stephen Hawking rookie card.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998altima View Post
    What if our imagination is a figment of the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by YGOTAS#13
    Gay people like to hibernate in caves.

I'd sign up but I'm not too sure I like these maps. I'd have much preferred ladder maps or something.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by t1337Dude View Post
    I'd sign up but I'm not too sure I like these maps. I'd have much preferred ladder maps or something.
    They're/have been all popular pro gaming maps. Python being the most popular, something every SC player should have played to the point of boredom.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by t1337Dude View Post
    These maps are from the iCCup league, which have been used in the pro circuit in korea...

These maps were picked based on popularity and the fact that they are balanced.

Still need people to actually say wether or not they are signing up...

So far it's

Xife
    Tigus
    Alfaroverall
    Giant Enemy Ant
    Last edited by Xife; 09-04-2008 at 14:59.

7000+

I'm game!

10,000+

Count me in. About hosting and lag, who is the host? Sometimes cross atlantic pings do make a difference, especially with delicate things like M&M control or muta micro.

Darkfall is going to be an FPS, First Person Sworder, which means you're going to sword the first person you meet.

We may do simultaneous matches, which would make there be multiple hosts...I don't know, we'll need to decide on hosts at some point. I'll probably host at least some of them since I tend to host fairly well; you can probably host some as well, since you tend to do pretty decently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy Wrong View Post
    [Alfar]'s like a Stephen Hawking rookie card.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998altima View Post
    What if our imagination is a figment of the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by YGOTAS#13
    Gay people like to hibernate in caves.

9000+

I'd like to participate! For Aiur! I'm easily the worst player of the bunch though, even though I'm improving.
    Last edited by Atnas; 09-04-2008 at 17:49.
    Quote Originally Posted by arghysteelwill View Post
    Clearly AV's message is exploit or go home but dont let us catch you cause your banned.

1000+ Long term follower

Fuck, I'm in