Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fetch me an FPS

Hybrid View

1000+

Default Fetch me an FPS

I'm getting bored of only watching the X-files and building model ships so I want you to suggest to me an FPS to keep me entertained.

I'm only interested in titles that have realistic shooting mechanics/physics. That means no clip-absorbing enemies. I'm looking for 1-2-3 hit kills.

I've already considered the latest Hitman title. Let me know what you think.

Can be indie. Doesn't necessarily have to be a game. Something ala JFK Reloaded e.g. a shooting simulator would also be interesting.
    I Am, &c,

"The Louisiana soldiers have gained such a reputation for pilfering, drunkenness and general loutishness that as soon as anyone sees them coming they bolt the doors and windows and hide their women folk."

8000+

Realism?

BF2 + project reality.

/thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viranth View Post
    Welcome to OT, your 15 minutes are up.

Normal User

Max Payne

3000+

Hitman's fun, but it's not really an FPS. It's more of a stealth game (only not really). Amazing game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    the filter is there for your protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    Fuck you I like having emotions and occasionally talking about girly things
    Date of Death: June 18, 2064.

Normal User
    Last edited by Kuri; 09-03-2008 at 21:34.
    Quote Originally Posted by System View Post
    If all else fails, kill the fucker.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Kuri View Post
    Got Red Orchestra + all mods, its great fun. But I'm looking for something SP.
    I Am, &c,

"The Louisiana soldiers have gained such a reputation for pilfering, drunkenness and general loutishness that as soon as anyone sees them coming they bolt the doors and windows and hide their women folk."

8000+

SP? ... Rainbowsix vegas/swat 4?
    Quote Originally Posted by Viranth View Post
    Welcome to OT, your 15 minutes are up.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Agge View Post
    Realism?

BF2 + project reality.

/thread.
    I wont give EA my money and we're not allowed to talk about piracy here so...
    I Am, &c,

1000+

Edit: Nvm, I got it.
    <Hexo> i see
    <Hexo> it's whine day in #darkfall
    <Sharpi> every friday is whineday

Normal User Long term follower

Realism?

BF2 + project reality.

/thread.
    ^ I have to agree. The new version was just released a few days ago. It's pretty sick.

9000+

Realism?

BF2 + project reality.

/thread.
    BF2's gone down the shithole, I used to love playing that game but Electronic Assholes in all their wisdom decided to barely support the master server for that game so if you have the game, the servers that exist are continuously laggy and the ones that aren't are clan servers which are usually dominated by faggots but even then the servers manage to lag quite a bit sometimes.

I would have recommended Rainbow Six Vegas, the multiplayers great in that game but the problem is there are so few people playing it it's hard to get a game, it's a damn shame really because the game deserves more credit than people or their publisher are giving it, the cover system is pretty fun and is what put me off the normal boring static FPS'
    Last edited by Lethn; 09-03-2008 at 22:58.
    It's Lethn...if he doesn't sound pissed off then there must be a rift in the space-time continuum - Ultimo
    According to fanbois in order for there to be no problems with an MMORPG you have to imagine it isn't there, well, they say ignorance is bliss.

2000+

Ive lost all my FPS skill since all the titles mutiplayer servers MT out so fast by the time I get it up and running everyone moved on.

Same thing happened in RST for me and as far as RST goes the only realy good one ever was the original unaltered empire earth. Huge modern DM! small islands!
    It is hard to see the life being choked out of the other side by the same hand that is wrapped around your neck when you soo surrounded by darkness

1000+

I before E except after C. or something..

I'm surprised I'm the first to mention WW2 online.

Normal User

Try the original Ghost Recon game. If you can stand the graphics the tactical warfare is really good. Delta Force: Black Hawk Down is faster paced but still feels realistic, although its good a good few years since I've played it.

Also try the original Deus Ex. The shooting is pretty appalling nowadays but the story will keep you playing for a few weeks, then you'll replay it about 4 more times and a year later you'll forget what the story was actually about and play it again for a month.

I don't play many new games lol