Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Fallout 2

  1. #1
    2000+
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Frontenac, Kansas
    Posts
    2,391

    Default Fallout 2

    I felt that if I was to properly play the upcoming game Fallout 3 I had to see what the fuss was about Fallout 2. To my liking it is addictive even if it is turnbased and graphically dated.

    Well, I had just spent 3 hours going through the main parts of the story line. When I got a random encounter (I was doing pretty well for early games) When I didn't realize that a random encounter was like 5-6 gecko things. Well be a newb at it I get my single shot air rifle out and begin to go rambo at them, and there seemed no way for me to retreat either. I took down 1 of them when I had died. I got gang banged by geckos and only than did I realize that I had never saved once during those entire three hours. (so used to fucking auto-saves I guess).

    Anyway thought I would like to talk about something cool for a change instead of politics and the such.

    Any pointers for a noob at the Fallout universe?
    "There is serious concern on the part of the
    military that they will not even be able to fight the war because of such factors as the EMP. However, I have faith in the military. I am sure they will do an admirable job of trying to destroy the world."

  2. #2
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Save often.
    Pirates = Ninja School Dropouts

  3. #3
    2000+
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Frontenac, Kansas
    Posts
    2,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelot View Post
    Save often.
    SWEET THANKS!
    Yeah I sort of figured that one out. Though I would highly recommend picking up the game if you haven't.
    "There is serious concern on the part of the
    military that they will not even be able to fight the war because of such factors as the EMP. However, I have faith in the military. I am sure they will do an admirable job of trying to destroy the world."

  4. #4
    2000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Australia, NSW
    Posts
    2,385

    Default

    Did the same fucking thing. Annoying, but I love it none-the-less. Dying really does hurt in that game. Anyway, I can't really offer you advice, I've only recently started playing it too, the graphics didn't bother me since I was playing Dwarf Fortress before that, so it was actually an upgrade =).

    Quote Originally Posted by Villa View Post
    While proper spelling and grammar are not essential for posting on a forum, it does help to stop you coming across as the local village idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Septus View Post
    He's not a fucking candy dispenser. If you say something useful, he'll discuss. If you act like a fucking retard, he'll troll you to magnify your idiocy.

  5. #5
    2000+
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Frontenac, Kansas
    Posts
    2,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spart View Post
    Did the same fucking thing. Annoying, but I love it none-the-less. Dying really does hurt in that game. Anyway, I can't really offer you advice, I've only recently started playing it too, the graphics didn't bother me since I was playing Dwarf Fortress before that, so it was actually an upgrade =).
    lol I could never understand dwarf fortress, I couldn't figure out how to do anything, or where I was half the time.
    But yeah it is a really fun game, and dieing sucks Matriel sized balls.
    "There is serious concern on the part of the
    military that they will not even be able to fight the war because of such factors as the EMP. However, I have faith in the military. I am sure they will do an admirable job of trying to destroy the world."

  6. #6
    2000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Australia, NSW
    Posts
    2,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haldred View Post
    lol I could never understand dwarf fortress, I couldn't figure out how to do anything, or where I was half the time.
    But yeah it is a really fun game, and dieing sucks Matriel sized balls.
    Yea, I had no other game on my computer for a while, so I got to understand it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Villa View Post
    While proper spelling and grammar are not essential for posting on a forum, it does help to stop you coming across as the local village idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Septus View Post
    He's not a fucking candy dispenser. If you say something useful, he'll discuss. If you act like a fucking retard, he'll troll you to magnify your idiocy.

  7. #7
    2000+
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Frontenac, Kansas
    Posts
    2,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spart View Post
    Yea, I had no other game on my computer for a while, so I got to understand it.
    ouch switching computers? Or just gaming on the go?
    "There is serious concern on the part of the
    military that they will not even be able to fight the war because of such factors as the EMP. However, I have faith in the military. I am sure they will do an admirable job of trying to destroy the world."

  8. #8
    Community Staff
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    I played Fallout 2 through again last week. Good timing on the thread!

    Advice:
    • 10 Agility!
    • Getting yourself addicted to Jet isn't all that bad since you can stock up on it in New Reno pretty cheap, and the extra 4 action points are badass.
    • Sulik, Cassidy, and Vic are the best NPC followers, if you want all three you can get by with 6 Charisma, or 5 Charisma and a pair of mirrored shades (+1 cha).
    • Don't give Cassidy any drugs except stimpacks, he's got a bad heart
    • Download the Fallout 2 Restoration Project community patch. It adds a lot of game balance to the game and fixes a few annoying bugs.
    • If you actually know how to play Craps, you can win infinite money at Becky's in the Den with around 35% gambling skill.
    • Look at the ammo your guns use more than just the damage range of the weapon, the .357 magnum revolver has the best criticals of any small gun besides the late-game gauss pistol.
    • If you're having trouble deciding between Big Guns and Energy Weapons, you'll probably want to take Big Guns since they're useful for far more of the game.
    • Lockpick is a skill you probably should tag, it's used a lot, and it's the only skill you can't delegate to NPC party members.
    • You can use books on other party members to raise their skills.

    I can't think of anything else, really, the fun of Fallout 2 is all about just wandering into the wasteland and doing your own thing. Getting more specific "advice" or reading a walkthrough is just going to kill the game.

  9. #9
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    246

    Default

    ever heard of gamefaqs?

  10. #10
    5000+
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    1984
    Posts
    5,239

    Default

    I played that game through with a boxer. Was pretty easy. Yes, absolutely get 10 agi for action points. Didn't need any other combat skill than unarmed and always aimed the attack for the eyes or something. Knocks them down. I got the perk that gave more stat points, but less skill points. Think I had 10 charisma too so I could get the most out of conversations and just saved it before each one and played them enough to get the right result. I still had enough to have decent in basically all the important non-combat skills. Was pretty easy when I played it that way though.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

  11. #11
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil, São Paulo
    Posts
    6

    Smile

    I got only one advice don't read any kind of guide it will really spoil the fun , maybe.. only about the attributes (S.P.E.C.I.A.L), perks and traits 'cause some of them seems to look nice but are useless crap..
    oh and I like to play without save like everytime u will talk to someone, it's cool when shit happens it's an rpg after all \o/ well I guess that's my personal 'playing style', that doesn't mean that you don't need to save very often lol, when too much shit happens it's not all that good, like dieing XD.

    For me.. Fallout series are simply the best RPGs ever.
    Last edited by KaXaSA; 09-02-2008 at 05:14.

  12. #12
    8000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis IN
    Posts
    8,068

    Default

    My advice is after you beat the game, go back thru and kill every living creature you come across. Energy Weapons on children is a good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindorn
    The posts of Carl do not represent the views or policies of Dark Carnival!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvarkian
    Forumfall isn't the place to showcase your incredible talent at trolling. Oh, who am I kidding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •