Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    5000+ Long term follower

Default RFID scanners at walmart

soos i get a call today from a company thats going to be installing rfid scanners in walmart throughout the nation... they were wondering if i wanted to work for them... rofl. Anyone know what i'ds will be used for the rfid?

i for one refuse to get treated like a cow and will therefore no longer shop at walmart.
    Last edited by Razel; 08-26-2008 at 18:15.

~Respect is earned not bestowed~
    Generals of War Leader
    http://generalsofwar.net/forums/

5000+

On the food you mean?
    (color=#333333)(/color)

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Razel View Post
    soos i get a call today from a company thats going to be installing rfid scanners in walmart throughout the nation... they were wondering if i wanted to work for them... rofl. Anyone know what i'ds will be used for the rfid?
    Hmm, passports already use RFid but who carries that around? As far as I know the RealID thing has been postponed so I don't really know.

Maybe it something the employees have to carry?
    I Am, &c,

"The Louisiana soldiers have gained such a reputation for pilfering, drunkenness and general loutishness that as soon as anyone sees them coming they bolt the doors and windows and hide their women folk."

5000+ Long term follower

i know what rfid is.... i'm wondering what type of identification will be used for it, drivers license etc.

Generals of War Leader

Normal User

You even sure it's going to be used to track customers? Looks like it's mostly used to track goods and only a few places have used it on customers.

On another note...

RFID implant as the mark of the beast

A few critics, mostly conservative Evangelical Christians, believe that RFID tagging could represent the mark of the beast, which Revelation 13:16-17 says will be placed by the Antichrist in the right hands or foreheads of humans and necessary for commerce.
    “ He forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead,

so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

—Revelation 13:16-17

Katherine Albrecht and Liz McIntyre, authors of Spychips: How Major Corporations and Government Plan to Track Your Every Move with RFID, wrote a new book on the subject.[74] John Conner, leader of an organization called "The Resistance of Christ" also believes there is a strong connection. Related subjects include eschatology (last things) and dispensationalism.[75][76][77] Rev. Irvin Baxter Jr's Website www.endtime.com provides an in depth video analysis on the topic titled "mark of the beast."
    Lol.

Banned

rfid on each product.

That's fucking sick. The world is becoming worse and worse. We need to fight this cancer.
    ~~~[][][][][][][][][]~~~[][][][][][][]~~~
    ~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~[][][][][]~~~~~
    ~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~[][]~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~[][][]~~~~~~~[][][]~~~~~~~~

Safety first, and all that, but when you start putting rubber baby buggy bumpers on an intense sandbox MMORPG like Darkfall you're really committing quite a heinous degree of heresy.
    -Paro

Normal User

Umm...it's not like they will put that on ACTUAL PEOPLE or our DRIVERS licenses...

Please make Stats/Skill levels actually effect their corresponding modifiers! PLEASE.

Walmart is putting those chips in some of their products. I don't know of any current Walmart ID that's RFID right now unless that's going to change. Are these cameras activated by RFID proximity?
    It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    Umm...it's not like they will put that on ACTUAL PEOPLE or our DRIVERS licenses...
    Um, yes they will? Only people with IQs below 130 can't see this trend. Eventually you will need one to purchase anything, anywhere. But that kind of foresight is obviously beyond you at this point.

They've already put them in 15 newborn children as an experiment.

And they are already in passports.

Only a fool doesn't see that they are trying to put this into all forms of ID. And that eventually it or something similar will be required to buy anything.

RFIDs will be used in America with a new digital currency called the Amero. If you don't believe it exists wiki it. America is trying to move away from hard-currency and move completely digital. So they can cut you off from your funds completely if your wanted by the law or anything like that. The Amero will become the standard currency of Canada, United States, and Mexico. Their governments have already accepted it.
    Last edited by Aegon; 08-26-2008 at 18:27.

14,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Crying Hyena View Post
    Walmart is putting those chips in some of their products. I don't know of any current Walmart ID that's RFID right now unless that's going to change. Are these cameras activated by RFID proximity?
    RFID scanners have been in Walmart for a long time, they use them on all their electronics and expensive products. It's the thing that makes the little beeper go off when you leave the store without paying.

14,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Um, yes they will? Only people with IQs below 130 can't see this trend. Eventually you will need one to purchase anything, anywhere. But that kind of foresight is obviously beyond you at this point.

They've already put them in 15 newborn children as an experiment.
    lol, after 9/11 happened I remember seeing a talk show on TV with some obvious shill saying she'd put one in her kid so she could feel safer. That apparently didn't go over too well, haven't seen any shit like that since.

RFID in people isn't much of a stretch though. The RealID will be coming pretty soon, I'd guess in the next presidential administration (regardless which of the two main parties people elect). Injecting it into living tissue though... that's probably going to be a little further into the future. I think it'll take at least 20 years and a lot of fearmongering to get people used to the idea.

PS- RFID is being put in not just passports, but a lot of state drivers licenses.
    Last edited by Surly; 08-26-2008 at 18:30.

5000+ Long term follower

somewhat related, our company is doing electrical work for a new high school in town and they are installing rfid tracking devices and making the students wear bracelets. since when did high schools turn into penitentiaries? In fact some of the students are wearing orange shirts saying ' P.... High Penitentiary'

Generals of War Leader

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    RFIDs will be used in America with a new digital currency called the Amero. If you don't believe it exists wiki it. America is trying to move away from hard-currency and move completely digital. So they can cut you off from your funds completely if your wanted by the law or anything like that. The Amero will become the standard currency of Canada, United States, and Mexico. Their governments have already accepted it.
    Should have just placed them on the dollar bills so that they could track currency and see money without searching for it to stop currency smuggling and find hidden money. That wouldn't be intrusive unless all the shops register the individual bills and who paid with them, but it could also be abused by criminals to see who is loaded and where they keep the money.

Also cards shouldn't be legal tender and it ruins the ability to track the actual money and spotting of counterfeit.

I hope the next EMP holocaust is nigh.
    Last edited by Weeking; 08-26-2008 at 18:36.
    (color=#333333)(/color)