Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    in your mind
    Posts
    539

    Default bad way for a computer to go

    I hooked up my old back up computer, this is the one i first played starcraft on, and found that by grandmas grandson from my grandpa put iron shavings in the case. needless to say its in need of some replacment parts. but whats the worst way you've had a computer go out?
    Joined: October 2007

  2. #2
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Fell out the window,..well depends on the side of the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by System View Post
    If all else fails, kill the fucker.

  3. #3
    Republic of Chaldor Clan Leader
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,694

    Default

    I have not any experience, but my friend turn his comp on after living somewher else 4months, it start burning

    Join the Republic of Chaldor! Click on the signature!

    Quote Originally Posted by Viluin View Post
    I wish I could say I was <3 years old. The age of love and happiness.

  4. #4
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    in your mind
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuri View Post
    Fell out the window,..well depends on the side of the story.
    what made it fall?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yobaj View Post
    I have not any experience, but my friend turn his comp on after living somewher else 4months, it start burning
    oh nice wish i could have seen the reaction
    Joined: October 2007

  5. #5
    Republic of Chaldor Clan Leader
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,694

    Default

    he become very afraid is reaction

    Join the Republic of Chaldor! Click on the signature!

    Quote Originally Posted by Viluin View Post
    I wish I could say I was <3 years old. The age of love and happiness.

  6. #6
    2000+
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    America Town
    Posts
    2,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yobaj View Post
    he become very afraid is reaction
    I went to turn on a PC I stored in my basement during remodeling to find that somehow the PSU had broken itself randomly.

    Depressing.

  7. #7
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomaj View Post
    what made it fall?
    I "touched" it.
    Quote Originally Posted by System View Post
    If all else fails, kill the fucker.

  8. #8

    Default

    I had to repeatedly replace one of my old client's PCs, which kept ending up with a fried motherboard. After replacing several motherboards, cases, and power supplies, my boss finally realized the asshole client's male cat had been spraying the vent at the front of the case, repeatedly causing shorts in his new gear. My boss told me, "I'm glad I didn't taste it" when he discovered what it was.
    zero


    "A good martial artist does not become tense, but ready. Not thinking, yet not dreaming. Ready for whatever may come. When the opponent expands, I contract. And when he contracts, I expand. And when there is an opportunity, I do not hit, it hits all by itself." - Bruce Lee

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antihero-zero View Post
    My boss told me, "I'm glad I didn't taste it" when he discovered what it was.

    Your boss routinely licks computer parts from broken computers?

  10. #10
    6000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Former Beta Tester
    Posts
    6,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomaj View Post
    grandmas grandson from my grandpa
    Is this like some "my daddy who is also my uncle and my second cousin" shit?

    No wonder he put iron shavings in the PC, de-dee-dee...
    <a href=http://unitedpirates.org/images/mysig.gif target=_blank>http://unitedpirates.org/images/mysig.gif</a>

    Forumfall: Flames we can believe in...

  11. #11
    7000+
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    7,100

    Default

    I once had a dog piss into a desktop with an open case. Open because I had only recently installed a new ATi card.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mippoose View Post
    My kid pasted stuffed animal fur all over himself and ate the next door neighbors dog.

    I think Mahirim should be cut from the release version of Darkfall.

  12. #12
    Blood of Kings Leader
    13,000+
    Long term follower Jangang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    14,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Is this like some "my daddy who is also my uncle and my second cousin" shit?

    No wonder he put iron shavings in the PC, de-dee-dee...
    LOL, Now that's Funny!

  13. #13
    4000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    PWNASAURUS REX
    Posts
    4,252

    Default

    I was cleaning out my computer on the deck once (it gets fucking dusty with the huge side fan, no point cleaning it out indoors as the dust just goes everywhere) and was just about done, plugged the power supply in so I'd be sure that the fan was hooked back up correctly. BAM, moth flies into the inside of the case fan (it was still open, just testing it) and gets slaughtered, makes a huge mess of wing dust on my fan and I had to sit out there for another ten minutes cleaning it.

    Ten minutes later, almost dropped it off of the deck on accident when a spider fell on my hair after the wind knocked a web down, but I made the recovery at the cost of basically using a devil's walking stick (quite fucking thorny tree) for leverage so the side of my arm got beat the fuck up and I got a scar on my my left index finger's knuckle from a broken branch jabbing it.

    Computer was fine in the end, in fact I'm typing this post on it.
    DARKFALL RULES AND IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE YOU'RE A SCRUB SO GO BACK TO WOW.

  14. #14

    Default

    Mine shuts off the circuit breaker when I turn it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    How's the tinfoil going?!

  15. #15
    1000+
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kietharr View Post
    I was cleaning out my computer on the deck once (it gets fucking dusty with the huge side fan, no point cleaning it out indoors as the dust just goes everywhere) and was just about done, plugged the power supply in so I'd be sure that the fan was hooked back up correctly. BAM, moth flies into the inside of the case fan (it was still open, just testing it) and gets slaughtered, makes a huge mess of wing dust on my fan and I had to sit out there for another ten minutes cleaning it.

    Ten minutes later, almost dropped it off of the deck on accident when a spider fell on my hair after the wind knocked a web down, but I made the recovery at the cost of basically using a devil's walking stick (quite fucking thorny tree) for leverage so the side of my arm got beat the fuck up and I got a scar on my my left index finger's knuckle from a broken branch jabbing it.

    Computer was fine in the end, in fact I'm typing this post on it.
    I only read the second paragraph but thats freaking hilarious. Sounds like something I did when I saw a spider land on me or crawl up me. Living in the basement is fun, UNTILL YOU RUN INTO SPIDERS ZOMGGGGG


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •