Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Normal User

Default Oblivion and Mods.

Now I am sure a lot of you have played oblivion and felt the need to mod as well as I so I was wondering which mods do you think or necessary.

2000+ Long term follower

Oscuro's Oblivion overhaul 1.3
    No psychic guards
    Living Economy
    and alot of touch up gfx mods like Natural Environments and stuff like that

I cant really remember all the mods I used, but the first one is a must.
    And the second if you plan on doing any stealing.
    TFK

9000+

Deadly Reflex

Adds a bit of fun to the combat by allowing things such as decapitations and shield bashes, bow pushes and kicks. Absolutely worth it.

The thing about the Overhaul mod is that it makes some areas really hard, and it also slows down your skill/exp gain. I don't like scaling, but I don't like having to hit an ogre with 200 arrows in the head just because I'm not skilled enough. Don't fear though, you can tweak the difficulty and skill gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by arghysteelwill View Post
    Clearly AV's message is exploit or go home but dont let us catch you cause your banned.

3000+

ALL of Giskards one minute for a link.

EDIT:http://www.novazone.karoo.net/

6000+

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkwi View Post
    Now I am sure a lot of you have played oblivion and felt the need to mod as well as I so I was wondering which mods do you think or necessary.
    morrowblivion mod still in beta but that chances morrowind (much better then oblivion)into oblivion grafics and many more things like AI.

When finished im 100% sure i gonne play morrowind again

http://morroblivion.com/screenshots
    Last edited by forestchild; 08-18-2008 at 00:57.

3000+

I uninstalled long ago, so I don't remember all the mods I used. Adrenaline Oblivion is totally badass. Makes there be like 10x as many enemies. However, one of the worst things about vanilla oblivion imo is how at high(ish) levels, everythign has waay too many hitpoints; it takes like 50 hits to kill anything. I know I used a mod that increased all damage like 500%, but I can't remember what it was called. Made the game ten times funner.
    Also, Overhaul (or any mod that removes the level scaling) is obviously a must.
    Last edited by iza; 08-18-2008 at 01:01.

6000+

Quote Originally Posted by iza View Post
    I uninstalled long ago, so I don't remember all the mods I used. Adrenaline Oblivion is totally badass. Makes there be like 10x as many enemies. However, one of the worst things about vanilla oblivion imo is how at high(ish) levels, everythign has waay too many hitpoints; it takes like 50 hits to kill anything. I know I used a mod that increased all damage like 500%, but I can't remember what it was called. Made the game ten times funner.

As most these days cheat your way through a game.

I play at least games 2 or 3 times pure and maybe sometimes after that for fun a mod then enhance game for faster gameplay but its almost always boring.

1000+

I don't use any mods.
    Play it very sporadically though...
    <Hexo> i see
    <Hexo> it's whine day in #darkfall
    <Sharpi> every friday is whineday

Normal User

Only mod I found really necessary was an interface mod (BTmod specifically). After beating the game using just that, I tried out different mods and had to settle for my favorites (OOO, deadly reflex, higher res graphic mods, kvatch aftermath, saddle bags and a few others) since using too many at once makes the game prone to crashing in my experience.
    Spoiler

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by forestchild View Post
    morrowblivion mod still in beta but that chances morrowind (much better then oblivion)into oblivion grafics and many more things like AI.

When finished im 100% sure i gonne play morrowind again

http://morroblivion.com/screenshots
    thats wicked. I read (on that site) that it clues both Morro and Obl into same world, so you can play both at the same time! Interweb is amazing

Normal User

someone needs to make an online mod.

5000+

Aventurine is making one. Beta will start soon. And the mod is so awesome you don't even have to own Oblivion to play it.

Tides of Darkness Clan Leader

Akatosh Mount Mod - Puts dragons in the games you can use as pets. They fight along side with you, you can summon them, and they can fly (with you on them)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVkKK...eature=related

I suggest getting the skin mods too..to make the graphics better

The Half Devil Mod - Puts in half Devil race
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxocf...eature=related

Mystic Elf Mod - Puts in Mystic Elf Race
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMk4r...eature=related

Mystic Elf Race looks amazing and 5x better than the other races...are also more well endowed

The wings mod is fun..but gets annoying after awhile.

Also get Rens Beauty Pack
    Xinnro

Quote Originally Posted by Viluin View Post
    Xinnro, could you take a picture of yourself with the camera facing the side of your head and your tongue sticking out (Straight not curved)?

Dark Carnival Clan Leader Long term follower

So every single one of you has different mods to recommend and there is little to no consistency among them. Lol.....that really fucks up my effort to figure out the "must have" mods.

I just "beat" the game yesterday, and am finishing off all of the guilds. I had an absolute BLAST with the game so far, but its starting to run out of fun for me because ive eaten all of the content. Don't know what else to do really now other than just do all of the quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bernanke View Post
    people know that inflation erodes the real value of the government's debt and, therefore, that it is in the interest of the government to create some inflation.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by doma View Post
    Oscuro's Oblivion overhaul 1.3 FCOM 0.9.9
    No psychic guards
    Living Economy
    and alot of touch up gfx mods like Natural Environments and stuff like that

I cant really remember all the mods I used, but the first one is a must.
    And the second if you plan on doing any stealing.
    Fixed for the benefit of all.

That said, most is up to personal choice, but it's always a good idea to get at least one of each:
    1. A level-scaling mod (FCOM, OOO, Francesco's, TIE)
    2. A smoother leveling mod
    3. A smoother skill-up mod
    4. Graphics enhancers (just a weather effect mod if you have a low-end computer, but go for a texture replacer like QTP3/QTP3 Redimized if you have a fairly recent 512MB+ graphics card)
    5. A Kvatch mod
    6. A guard mod if you want to be evil (who doesn't?)

Those are essentials for any good Oblivion game on PC. I won't go into all the other awesome mods, so I'm sure you can search around for your personal preference once you've got the base 6 mods of your choice.

EDIT: Just to put in some honorable mentions that don't necessarily effect gameplay, but I would have trouble playing without:
    -Streamline, even for the highest end beast of a computer, will increase your performance by preventing cache to build up over long game sessions
    -A User Interface mod is a must, because the UI is embarrassingly unsuitable for any game not being played on an Xbox.
    Last edited by Crysill; 08-18-2008 at 07:57.
    91.53% of forum-goers copy a blatantly made-up statistic from someone else's profile and paste it in their signature, so they may pretend that they are acting as an individual.

If you're one of the 8.47% that instead choose to think for themselves, paste this into your signature.