Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    18,000+ Long term follower

Default Olympic Boxing = Total bullshit?

I was watching some olympic boxing last night.

There was this big ass eastern european guy fucking wailing on the body of this guy from the bahamas. Then the guy from the bahamas hits him with a little tap on the face, and he scores a point.

Is it just me, or does that boxing seem like it is completely bullshit when compared to American boxing?

Also, I lawled at the 106lb weight class. The only grown men who are supposed to be 106 lbs are horse jockeys.

Uzik ibnYaraq (in game name, always willing to help)

My latest SONG and my latest VIDEO.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin/videos
    http://absogaming.forumotion.com/forum

Banned

We need Olympics MMA cage fighting.

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    We need Olympics MMA cage fighting.
    QFT

[23:31] <Vax> mork very well might be the coolest f***ing dude in this channel
    [23:31] <Vax> bask in his awesomeness

IRC Moderator

olympic boxing is just amateur boxing, it emphasizes on technique and approach rather than power and knockouts

Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Reikson View Post
    olympic boxing is just amateur boxing, it emphasizes on technique and approach rather than power and knockouts
    So its boring.
    You have a Wonderful day.

Quote Originally Posted by Surly View Post
    Boo fuckity hoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    Hey now. The only person I beat is my girlfriend.

IRC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
    So its boring.
    to people who dont train and just like watching someone kicking the shit out of someone else, maybe

Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

14,000+

Yea that shit sucks

Tea-Bagging since 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Ches View Post
    Im voteing Obama
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc
    God damn newbie trolls...try harder next time.

to people who dont train and just like watching someone kicking the shit out of someone else, maybe
    Eh, I do kickboxing, so I wouldn't say that I don't train. I can just appreciate a nice hard body shot.

Not judging on power in boxing is like juding a grand slam competition on how nicely it looks when you hit the balls, rather than how far it goes.

I guarantee I could land tons of pretty quick little jabs on your face, but real fighters know that does jack-shit so they go for body shots and hard crosses/hooks.

5000+

How about justs Olympics= Total bullshit?

Come on, theres people telling the crowds who to cheer for, you got a little girl who was to ugly to sing, a pissed off Swedish dude who thought he deserved the gold and got all pissy when they gave him a bronze. It's China at it's finest.
    WOLVERINES UNITE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordhak View Post
    I've got a decent salve for that. If you catch my drift.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLily View Post
    Normally dispensed by hand pump I'd imagine.
    Look into my dark side

Normal User

Scoring has been shitty with boxing and judo this time around, judges simply arent counting some shots but adding shots that weren't there. The judo I've seen so far was total bs, there was a call of passivity during a bloody throw on the thrower... I won't even get into the lousy scoring during the gymnastics tonight.Oh well heres hoping the next matches are scored some what consistently
    I reply to a post it dies, I start a thread it dies... I am forum gimped I think....

Quote Originally Posted by Silt View Post
    Scoring has been shitty with boxing and judo this time around, judges simply arent counting some shots but adding shots that weren't there. The judo I've seen so far was total bs, there was a call of passivity during a bloody throw on the thrower... I won't even get into the lousy scoring during the gymnastics tonight.Oh well heres hoping the next matches are scored some what consistently
    All fighting should be done till tap-out or unconsciousness. That way you'd need no juding.

IRC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Uzik View Post
    All fighting should be done till tap-out or unconsciousness. That way you'd need no juding.
    Matches could go on for over an hour. At the 1912 olympics there was an 11 hour wrestling match, to show the extreme side of that.

Normal User Long term follower

why else would you watch boxing
    <@Teth> Fun is merely a lie propagated by the decadent capitalist west.

<[100]Comrade`phil> chimp: We're going to have to meet up and do that
    <[100]Comrade`phil> Because I've always wanted to do stuff like that

9000+

Quite frankly I think if you seriously want to watch a load of fancy crap go and watch a martial arts movie or hell even watch anime, the real stuff isn't like that in any style.
    It's Lethn...if he doesn't sound pissed off then there must be a rift in the space-time continuum - Ultimo
    According to fanbois in order for there to be no problems with an MMORPG you have to imagine it isn't there, well, they say ignorance is bliss.

Tides of Darkness Clan Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    Quite frankly I think if you seriously want to watch a load of fancy crap go and watch a martial arts movie or hell even watch anime, the real stuff isn't like that in any style.
    Um...Dumbass much?

Anime is probably the most realistic type of fighting you will find on T.V. The physics of anime are much more fluent with real life styles.

Have you ever watched sailor moon or Dragon Ball Z? Watch these animes first and educate yourself before making such stupid statements. Samurai X would do well to educate you as well.
    Xinnro

Quote Originally Posted by Viluin View Post
    Xinnro, could you take a picture of yourself with the camera facing the side of your head and your tongue sticking out (Straight not curved)?