Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Infernal Covenant Clan Leader
    2000+
    Long term follower

Default Recommend a Camera

I need a new digital camera to replace a sony dsc-w55.
    Maximum price around £120 stirling.
    That's probably about $230 - $250 USD, and no idea what that is in Euros as I hate that currency.

Get recommending please.

Also: I'm not interested in your uber duber mega 1 zillion dollar supercamera, so go tell someone who gives a shit.
    Thanks.
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4492&dateli  ne=1205268451

Never group up with a retarded Dwarf; it's not big and it's not clever.

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by Villa View Post
    I need a new digital camera to replace a sony dsc-w55.
    Maximum price around £120 stirling.
    That's probably about $230 - $250 USD, and no idea what that is in Euros as I hate that currency.

Get recommending please.

Also: I'm not interested in your uber duber mega 1 zillion dollar supercamera, so go tell someone who gives a shit.
    Thanks.
    Theres nothing to do with muslims or islam in this thread. you're clearly not the real villa and i refuse to recommend anything to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    I'd bet 45 Canadian Dollars that Stalwart hasn't left his couch in Texas in 2 decades. ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonlegend View Post
    Fro is just slapping people now with his godlike powers.

Quote Originally Posted by QaoPan View Post
    not correct my grammar much more yelping dogs
    or i correct you life and make it dead

1000+

Get a Canon. Besides that I have no idea.
    You have a Wonderful day.

Quote Originally Posted by Surly View Post
    Boo fuckity hoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    Hey now. The only person I beat is my girlfriend.

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Theres nothing to do with muslims or islam in this thread. you're clearly not the real villa and i refuse to recommend anything to you.
    Are they even aloud to take pictures? Won't it steal their soul or something?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shnedit View Post
    Are they even aloud to take pictures? Won't it steal their soul or something?
    I think thats the Amish.

1000+

I dont really think there's a better camera than another one in that range of price.

Sony, Canon, Nikon, Fuji, name it.. all have good camera for 200$. Once you hit the 1000$, you can get unique specifications or better options.

2000+
    Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkah View Post
    I dont really think there's a better camera than another one in that range of price.

Sony, Canon, Nikon, Fuji, name it.. all have good camera for 200$. Once you hit the 1000$, you can get unique specifications or better options.
    I disagree.
    I had purchased a Kodak of some kind but it sucked, and so I traded it in for the Sony dsc w-55 which was only about £10 more expensive, but it turned out to be a far superior camera in every way possible.

The brother no longer works at the store, so I won't have the option to unofficially swap any future cameras for alternative models if I don't like them.
    Hence I have to get the correct camera this time.
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4492&dateli  ne=1205268451

2000+
    Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Everto View Post
    It's below your price-range, but I'm very satisfied with this camera, not only that, it's "Film with Audio" option gives great quality.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Cybershot...8397514&sr=8-1
    Interesting.
    How does it compare to a dsc w-55?
    The model number seems to indicate that your camera could be better than my old one.

Get an olympus with 10MP+

IRC Moderator

I have a Canon powershot, 7 megapixel - it's awesome.
    Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

Normal User

If you can scrape up a bit more, these are pretty sweet.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerSho...8399088&sr=8-1

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Villa View Post
    Interesting.
    How does it compare to a dsc w-55?
    The model number seems to indicate that your camera could be better than my old one.
    [anything not mentioned below means that it's the exact same as the other]
    Well, let me just bring up each thing as it's own:

The W55's zoom reaches 3x optical, the 120/L reaches 4x, not that it really matters to you, but the 120's zoom is only slightly better.

The 120/L has Face Detection, Smile Shutter mode, Sony Double Anti-Blur Solution, I've yet to use Face Detection [or find it absolutely useful besides smile-shutter-mode.], but I do think it's a really neat feature, but if someone's too far away, it won't recognize.

Smile Shutter mode is good for people who don't like to smile, combining it with Face Detection [it's automatically combined] you can press the "Take Picture" button all day, but until they smile, it won't take a picture.

I really haven't noticed anything special in the Anti-Blur solution, I mean I have shakey hands, but my pictures aren't blurry, so I can only assume it's that.

Super SteadyShot Optical Image Stabilization Compensates for shaky hands and minimizes blur with a built-in gyro sensor that detects camera movement and sends correcting signals to a stabilization lens -- so there’s no need to crop in on your shot to reduce blur.
    [Nevermind, it's this ^^ this is a really good thing for me.]

Small Downside:
    15 MB internal memory Even if you forget your flash memory card, you can get the shot because 15 MB internal memory lets you capture a limited number of shots with in-camera convenience, then easily transfer your shots to a PC or optional Memory Stick Duo media.

This isn't fun at all, I got this in time for my father's wedding, and I was only able to take FOUR pictures . . decrease picture quality from Godlike to Shitlike, and you'll be able to take 8. The movie time on this was pretty good though, around a minute and thirty seconds. Make sure you have a DUO stick.

Anyways, apparently on the Product Features list, there's around 10 more things that the 120/L can do tha the W55 doesn't have. If you really wanna take time to get into it, you can.

But I just got this because it's a really good point and shoot, I actually really liked how this picture turned out:
    http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7564/dsc00022sd5.jpg

I'm sure the W55 could do the same, but I just really like it, a really good point and shoot.

Any other questions?

2000+
    Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Everto View Post
    Stuff
    Thank you.
    I'll put in a good word for you.

On another note: am I the only one who thinks there really isn't any quality increase when you go from like 3mp to 10mp?
    Sure you get a bigger picture, but it will be just as boring, or grainy, or blurry or generally shit if the same set of circumstances are in places.
    True / false ?

2000+
    Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by pirant View Post
    If you can scrape up a bit more, these are pretty sweet.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerSho...8399088&sr=8-1

Cheers
    Thanks, but over here it's around £210 which is approaching twice the budget I have set.