Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2000+

Default Viruses can catch a cold..

Interesting article on the recent finding of a virus that actually infects other viruses... It seems to me that this could become a great tool for fighting viral diseases if it could be genetically engineered to attack a particular virus. This is also a big blow to most biologists who don't consider virus as actually "alive"

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=12608
    "Only dead fishes go with the current"

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Dwhap View Post
    Interesting article on the recent finding of a virus that actually infects other viruses... It seems to me that thiscould become a great tool for fighting viral diseases if it could be genetically engineered to attack a particular virus. This is also a big blow to most biologists who don't consider virus as actually "alive"

don't they use viruses already to combat other viruses? or was that from a movie I can't remember...

Let us die from fall damage.

18,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Dwhap View Post
    Interesting article on the recent finding of a virus that actually infects other viruses... It seems to me that this could become a great tool for fighting viral diseases if it could be genetically engineered to attack a particular virus. This is also a big blow to most biologists who don't consider virus as actually "alive"

Let's create a super virus to kill AIDS.

Then when that virus starts infecting us, we will create an even more super virus!

And eventually we will create microscopic virus eating monkeys who will live in our blood and smash all the viruses. But only after we create microscopic bananas to feed them.

Uzik ibnYaraq (in game name, always willing to help)

My latest SONG and my latest VIDEO.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin/videos
    http://absogaming.forumotion.com/forum

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Uzik View Post

Then when that virus starts infecting us, we will create an even more super virus!

And eventually we will create microscopic virus eating monkeys who will live in our blood and smash all the viruses. But only after we create microscopic bananas to feed them.
    sounds like "I am Legend"

sounds like "I am Legend"
    It was cancer. Funny to note that British/Canadian scientists are actually trying to use the VS virus to target cancer sells and destroy them. Better get my chem suit.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Loadafreak View Post
    don't they use viruses already to combat other viruses? or was that from a movie I can't remember...
    Viruses kill bacteria, scientists are working on that to find or engineer the right kind of viruses for several bacterial diseases.

3000+

Why the fuck do people research useless shit like this.

Edit: ok so i read the article and it's not useless at all. But either way people do research some dumb shit. Some news headline today about something totally retarded and im just looking to vent. Probably shouldn't have done it here...
    Last edited by Spikey; 08-07-2008 at 16:19.

Normal User

So this is sort of like when someone has leprosy and cancer at the same time, countering eachother (growth/decay) and become immortal, regenerating limbs and shit?

Let us die from fall damage.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Why the fuck do people research useless shit like this.

Edit: ok so i read the article and it's not useless at all. But either way people do research some dumb shit. Some news headline today about something totally retarded and im just looking to vent. Probably shouldn't have done it here...
    people say this all the time. usually because they are dumb fucks who do not have the capacity to see the wider ranging effects of such research.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Loadafreak View Post
    So this is sort of like when someone has leprosy and cancer at the same time, countering eachother (growth/decay) and become immortal, regenerating limbs and shit?
    Yea... its just like that.
    "Only dead fishes go with the current"

1000+

I kind of worry about what might come out of this due to our current lack of understanding genetic modification.

Will Smith's gonna have to save us...again.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonon View Post
    I kind of worry about what might come out of this due to our current lack of understanding genetic modification.

Will Smith's gonna have to save us...again.
    I Am Legend (the movie) sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    How's the tinfoil going?!

Normal User

I'll only vote for this, if the monkeys combat the virus by pooping in their hand, and flinging it!
    +30 210 689 72185
    Aventurine Support Line

Normal User

Personally guys suit up Z-Day is coming. Let us hope its the Romero zombies not the super infected kind!

http://www.zombiesurvivalwiki.com/
    http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/zombiesurvivalguide/
    Supporter-Strategist
    Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 80.00%, Killer 53.33%, Socializer 80.00%

2000+

We would all die from potassium overdoses!