View Poll Results: When are you too old to game?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll

2 1.77%
  • Once you reach adulthood (18/21)

5 4.42%

2 1.77%
  • You're never too old to have fun!

100 88.50%
  • You're too young to play until you're (post variable).

4 3.54%
Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Vinco Vici Victum Clan Leader

Default When are you too old?

I've noted multiple people here above the age of 30, and I'm sure there are some over 40.

So, my question - How old is too old to game?

I remember as a child, when I saw adult gamers I thought 'god, how sad'. But now as I near adulthood, I realise you can never truly appreciate most games without properly developed intelligence.
    A kid could never properly run a gaming guild, just as he/she couldn't run a guild in real life.

In my 'generation' (use that term loosely to the 2 or 3 years of birth above and below me) the majority of people tend to stop playing games avidly around early high school, with the exception of WoW Addicts, most of whom have now stopped around the final year of high school.
    The majority of people who continue to play games either only use consoles, or only play FPS games, as they see MMOs and RTS games as more immature.
    Interesting, since they tend to require more intelligence.

I think you're never too old to 'game', but the types of games you play heavily obviously change. I've certainly moved on from Super Mario Bros. and Mario Kart, but I do return to them occasionally.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Baenor; 08-05-2008 at 10:14.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth
    Its a fucking good game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorance
    Ah, whats the level cap?

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Baenor View Post
    I've noted multiple people here above the age of 30, and I'm sure there are some over 40.

I remember as a child, when I saw adult gamers I thought 'god, how sad'. But now as I near adulthood, I realise you can never truly appreciate most games without properly developed intelligence.
    A kid could never properly run a gaming guild, just as he/she couldn't run a guild in real life.

In my 'generation' (use that term loosely to the 2 or 3 years of birth above and below me) the majority of people tend to stop playing games avidly around early high school, with the exception of WoW Addicts, most of whom have now stopped around the final year of high school.
    The majority of people who continue to play games either only use consoles, or only play FPS games, as they see MMOs and RTS games as more immature.

I think you're never too old to 'game', but the types of games you play heavily obviously change. I've certainly moved on from Super Mario Bros. and Mario Kart, but I do return to them occasionally.

What do you think?

Poll coming.
    That lady in your signature is appears to be enjoying her back massage very much.

(On topic: I don't think you are too old to game, and I agree with you comment on how you develop a greater intellectual understanding of games as you grow older.)

Normal User

youre too young to play mmorpg's when you below 15 And I think the generations to come will continue gaming until they die or atleast the amount of people that keep on gaming will increase rapidly over the next generations (if we dont get a new world war or some other sort of major catastrophe(sp))

Officer of Bones

Quote Originally Posted by Entreri View Post
    Before I came to these forums I just thought the average American was dumb as hell. Now I realize the average person no matter their nationality is dumb as hell.

You are never to old to enjoy playing video games. I watched Aladdin the other day, it was aimed at kids but the film is bad ass. There is no reason I should not be able to enjoy it, no matter my age.

Quote Originally Posted by Baenor View Post

What do you think?
    I think i like your sig.

Normal User

You can't put an age on it.
    When you stop having fun gaming, you are too old. Imo anyway.

Games like Shadowbane practically required that you, or at least your some of your leaders have a developed intelligence...naturally the best guilds were ran by adults going up in age to 30s mostly, and some 40-50's, although not nearly as much. You need a developed intellect and social intelligence to be competitive in many games across almost all genres. I think it is especially crucial for MMO's in particular, though...as there's so many people involved.

As for when people do "grow out" of games, whether they shouldn't, or if it's for the best, I think a lot of people do quit around age 25 like you've noted...maybe 20-26, when adult responsibility takes a bite out of your gaming responsibilities.
    Last edited by Gloomrender; 08-05-2008 at 10:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Branwulf View Post
    Criminals will always get their weapons, it's the fucking lunatics that you should be worried about Colonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by United States Department of Education
    Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.

Normal User

Never

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffington View Post
    You are never to old to enjoy playing video games. I watched Aladdin the other day, it was aimed at kids but the film is bad ass. There is no reason I should not be able to enjoy it, no matter my age.
    Aladdin rocks.

(Q; Nah, you're never too old to enjoy gaming.. or cartoons by the way.)
    Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3

While I wouldn't for video games, I might draw a line for cartoons...or watching kiddie shows. Unless you're a stoner or something.

Criminals will always get their weapons, it's the fucking lunatics that you should be worried about Colonist.

Normal User

That's your opinion
    Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3Mortal Online<3

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfcry View Post
    That's your opinion
    Anything in regards to tastes is opinion.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Gloomrender View Post
    Anything in regards to tastes is opinion.
    What you say

What you say
    I said, YOU'RE FUCKING IMMATURE BECAUSE YOU WATCH CARTOONS!!!!!!

Normal User

What you say
    You have no chance to survive make your time.