Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Infernal Covenant Clan Leader
    2000+
    Long term follower

Default Is it discriminatory or even racist if...

...you name your kids with non-regional names from 'back home' and refuse to consider traditional names from the country you've moved to?
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4492&dateli  ne=1205268451

Never group up with a retarded Dwarf; it's not big and it's not clever.

9000+

No.
    Edit: There's no way in hell I'd name my children "Muhammad", "Abdullah", "Ching Chong Lee" or any other (IMO) strange name.
    Last edited by Aragoni; 08-04-2008 at 21:05.
    Fuck you.

3000+

only if you name them 'Ahmed'.

Normal User

You name your kids whatever you fucking want. Mine will be called Lucifer.

2000+
    Long term follower

Some guys who work at my place feel that this african co-worker is being racist for naming his new child with a Nigerian name.
    Apparently, (they say) if he wants to live in the western world, he should act like a westerner and that starts with speaking the language, and includes naming your kids with western names.
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4492&dateli  ne=1205268451

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by Villa View Post
    Some guys who work at my place feel that this african co-worker is being racist for naming his new child with a Nigerian name.
    Apparently, (they say) if he wants to live in the western world, he should act like a westerner and that starts with speaking the language, and includes naming your kids with western names.
    I'm personally of the opinion that people should mind their own gd business when it comes to a parent naming their kid.

2000+
    Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by BladeSLicer View Post
    I'm personally of the opinion that people should mind their own gd business when it comes to a parent naming their kid.
    In EVERY case?

Normal User

True there
    To OP some people are just ignorant. It up the parents and family to name their kid how they like.

Normal User

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/worl...ame.4324464.jp

This thread made me think of this story from a few weeks back.

3000+

What if a parent wanted to legally name their kid Christ Fucker? Your kid would have to hear it in school all the time. Would that be ok?
    Defeater of Kebek

Quote Originally Posted by Teutates View Post
    Basically Israel aka jews make up for most of your [American] economy.
    Lethn: I love Anime so fucking hard!

9000+

Of course you should learn the country's language, it should be one of the requirements to become an ordinary citizen. Not that you should speak it fluently, but knowing basic grammar and stuff like that.
    The names... I don't give a shit.
    Fuck you.

2000+
    Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Aragoni View Post
    Of course you should learn the country's language, it should be one of the requirements to become an ordinary citizen. Not that you should speak it fluently, but basic grammar and stuff like that.
    The names... I don't give a shit.
    In this particular case, I think the cause was the inability to pronounce the chosen name.
    Started with 'Ade' something something.

1000+

agreed with your follow co-workers
    Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.
    ~ Albert Einstein

All we are is the result of what we have thought
    ~ Buddha

6000+

I think it's selfish to give your kid a weird or "funny" name, sure the parents may think it's cool or have a laugh over it but you could ruin your kid's life..

They are right about that learn the fucking language or get the fuck out..

but he should be able to name is kids what he wants.. your friends are being a little too xenophobic