Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    9000+

Default Ubisoft's going on the list now

Of companies I'm going to bankrupt into kingdom come when I get into the Games Industry, fucking seriously, I bought Rainbow Six Vegas 1, a LEGITIMATE copy ordered off amazon for about £20 and it crashes after awhile of playing the fucking game, the funny thing is it's been ages since the games been released and when I first had a try at that game I actually liked it and it was actually working properly, I had the game patched up and everything and from what I saw of people who were flaming Ubisoft about this issue is that the game was apparently doing huge memory dumps and causing the computer to crash somehow, all that I've seen from this patch is that it just fucking hides the problem instead of fixing it.

I am officially jaded now, Rainbow Six Vegas is a decent game that's actually tried to upgrade the FPS genre beyond being turret wars online just like gears of war because of the cover system. But for fucks sake when I pay £20+ for a game I expect the fucking thing to work right out of the box even if it's shit so that I can actually decide whether or not I want to play the game.

I swear I am going to bankrupt every fucking publisher out of existence right now and let Independent Developers reign again, they've just made an extremely dangerous and systematic enemy.
    Last edited by Lethn; 07-29-2008 at 16:45.
    It's Lethn...if he doesn't sound pissed off then there must be a rift in the space-time continuum - Ultimo
    According to fanbois in order for there to be no problems with an MMORPG you have to imagine it isn't there, well, they say ignorance is bliss.

Normal User

Link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Behhemoth View Post
    EDIT: LOL i pressed tab and then enter and it posted the thread before i was done ok hold on
    Quote Originally Posted by BladyKillher View Post
    In soviet russia wow plays with you.

9000+

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...6/m/7071048256

I deleted the crap off my drive until I had 117gb of free space and it still didn't work, death to the fucking publishers.
    It's Lethn...if he doesn't sound pissed off then there must be a rift in the space-time continuum - Ultimo
    According to fanbois in order for there to be no problems with an MMORPG you have to imagine it isn't there, well, they say ignorance is bliss.

19,000+

When a PC game crashes, it's a problem with your computer / drivers more often than not. Vegas 1 never crashed on my system. Only a handful of games, like Titan Quest, were truly messed up.
    Last edited by Viluin; 07-29-2008 at 16:48.

5000+

You weren't putting the game in the background or minimized did you? If that caused the memory dump and crash it is a way around it by changing memory use away from programs in windows.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

9000+

Nope it was running normally, I even made sure a load of programs were shut off before using it and I honestly can't think of any drivers that would need re-installing or anything, guess I'll just go back to drawing on photoshop.
    Last edited by Lethn; 07-29-2008 at 16:53.

3000+

I felt like that about EA and crysis because the game was fucking amazing for about 12 hours of gameplay and then the fucking pos crashes before the startup screen now with no fix.

Could well be vista though.

1000+

Fuck yeah!
    <Hexo> i see
    <Hexo> it's whine day in #darkfall
    <Sharpi> every friday is whineday

19,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    Nope it was running normally, I even made sure a load of programs were shut off before using it and I honestly can't think of any drivers that would need re-installing or anything, guess I'll just go back to drawing on photoshop.
    PCs are tricky. For example, installing new drivers without properly removing the old ones with a driver cleaning tool can really screw you over. In most cases it's harmless, though.

However, my statement still stands. If a game of yours is crashing, 9 out of times the fault lies with your computer.

2000+

Im ago with viluin, broke pc.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/Tudiya/sig2.jpg

9000+

bullshit because all my other games have been working absolutely fine on my PC.

19,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    bullshit because all my other games have been working absolutely fine on my PC.
    Different games are affected by different problems with your computer. One game might work, another might not.

3000+

That doesn't really prove anything though as all the games use your PC in a different way im guessing and you've got an unlucky glitch somewhere.

Banned

Viluin, .

19,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Capricious View Post
    Viluin, .
    Hello.