Hybrid View

Default Howard Stern get the shaft?

I disagree with the decision made here. OK, people don't like Howard Stern but he has done quite a bit for talk radio in terms of free speech. How do you guys see it?
    It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.

4000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by The Associated Press
    Conservative Christian broadcaster James Dobson beat out shock-jock Howard Stern and others in national online balloting for induction into the National Radio Hall of Fame.

Dobson's Focus on the Family radio program is the first religious program to receive the honor, started in 1992 by the Chicago-based Museum of Broadcast Communications.

He joins a class of eight also headlined by Art Bell, host of a paranormal-themed AM radio show. Those who did not make the cut included Stern, Dr. Laura Schlessinger and Bob Costas.

Dobson was chosen in the "national active" category, which required a national broadcast contribution of at least 10 years. Orson Welles, Jack Benny, Paul Harvey and Rush Limbaugh are among the past honorees.

"Our radio program has not been a solo effort," Dobson said in a statement. "It has been a symphony performed by more than 10,000 people over the past 32 years. I am indebted to them all."
    ten thousand? hyperbole?

Also, who cares? I've never heard of this radio hall of fame, but it sounds dumb.
    Last edited by Mulambo; 07-28-2008 at 21:31.
    DELICIOUS
    "Vendor buy bank guards." - Trad.
    Join the Cybernations Darkfall Alliance.

5000+ Long term follower

What do you expect from a predominantly christian country that was founded on christian values?

Anyway... I listen to Howard Stern every day on Sirius Internet Radio while I play MMORPGs. I love the guy's show, he is cool.

As for the conservative christian fucker, I never heard of him before until now. He probably talks about "jeshus" and all that stupid fictional nonsense.

/golfclap

Way to be retarded, America. Again.

4000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Ammon777 View Post
    What do you expect from a predominantly christian country that was founded on christian values?

Anyway... I listen to Howard Stern every day on Sirius Internet Radio while I play MMORPGs. I love the guy's show, he is cool.

As for the conservative christian fucker, I never heard of him before until now. He probably talks about "jeshus" and all that stupid fictional nonsense.

/golfclap

I think Dobson's fame is on par w/ Stern's actually.
    DELICIOUS
    "Vendor buy bank guards." - Trad.
    Join the Cybernations Darkfall Alliance.

5000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Mulambo View Post
    I think Dobson's fame is on par w/ Stern's actually.
    Maybe so... but only among christian conservatives, whom I despise. Christians are a bunch of brainwashed cult members, and conservatism fits snuggly into christian landscape. Just look at the Great Christian example, George W Bush. Everyone loves that guy. Look what the Lord has done for our nation, for our world, for our humanity! For our economy!

3000+

You have to be a complete dumb ass to have never heard of James Dobson, lmao.

5000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Titus Ultor View Post
    Heh, I dont pay much attention to christians and their heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus Ultor View Post
    I guess I'm a dumbass.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Ammon777 View Post

/golfclap

Dobson's Focus on the Family radio program is the first religious program to receive the honor
    That is the first sentence in the second paragraph.

I know it's hard not to go into super-euroliberal mode and flame the beliefs of billions when the word "christian" pops up on your spittle-ridden screen, but you could at least read the article before replying.
    Last edited by Desperado[1G]; 07-29-2008 at 00:15.

18,000+ Long term follower

Who still listens to Howard Stern?

Just play some tapes from the early 90s, it is the same shit.

Rinse and repeat!

Uzik ibnYaraq (in game name, always willing to help)

My latest SONG and my latest VIDEO.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin/videos
    http://absogaming.forumotion.com/forum