Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    3000+

Default do you believe in ghosts

one night, during our holidays in croatia (it was this month), we were all lying at the stairwairs to an old ancient chapel in a medieval village, looking at the stars above us, and the full moon, and philosophing around, when the girlfriend of my bud suddenly said how pittoresque and spooky the scenario is, and that it reminds her of an incident while she was at her friends house (which she had told him previously, but i myself didnt know the story yet)

she was sleeping in a room in the 1st storey, when, at 02:00am at night, she heard steps in the hallway before her room. the steps went from left to right, and from right to left, as if someone would repeatedly patrolling the area in front of her door. this went on for about 1,5 hours but she didnt dare to look outside her room for whats there.

for the record: knowing that no one but she and the mother of her friend was in the house (her friend was at work and the rest of the family was away) she had locked the door to her room when she went to bed.

the mother of her friend was sleeping downstairs during that night.

she described the sound of the steps as if someone was stepping on old wood which was "crunching" (dont know the exact word in english) at every step.

after (so she said) 1,5 hours the repeating steps made her finally sleepy and she finally slept away.

the day after it when she woke up (her friend was already home at that time) she tried to walk on the floor outside of her room (which is in fact of wood) but she discovered that the boards there dont make ANY sound when you walk on them.

i asked her several times if she was kidding at me or trying to make fun of me with the story, but she ensured that it was no joke. and i know her pretty good now, she wouldnt joke on me with such a story, especially if i asked her repeatedly and in a serious manner, if the story is true or not.

the house was built 1974, there was never any violent case of death in the house, though there were natural causes of death within the family (grandfather as much as i can remember).

no one of the other members of the family has ever heard these steps, except the mother of my friend. she once heard steps down the stairway in the house, although she knew that no one was in the house, except herself.

i also asked her repeatedly if she really heard steps, and not something else, and she confirmed it.

it was steps, from left, to right, much like someone patrolling, and not ending for 1,5 hours until she slept away.

spooky, isnt it? i have asked her several more questions, but cant write it all down here.

my only explanation would be that the mother of her friend was sleep-walking. but no one of the family has ever sleep-walked, and the mother of her friend is also the only person besides herself, that has ever heard wierd sounds.

and also: the boards do not make sounds when you walk over them.

this got me thinking for a while.

what do you think it could be?

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Staatsschutz View Post
    Pedophille.

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by Staatsschutz View Post
    and also: the boards do not make sounds when you walk over them.

A really heavy and really crafty rapist?

I dont know, houses move alot and often make creaks and bumps. Wood expanding and contracting etc.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by MattMystrieo View Post
    Pedophille.
    i ensure you this is not an attempt at trolling, its the story she told us, and she was very serious about it

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by shnedit View Post
    A really heavy and really crafty rapist?

I dont know, houses move alot and often make creaks and bumps. Wood expanding and contracting etc.
    yea, houses just make noise sometimes. but then again, i dunno. once my mom woke up to a thud from inside her bedroom. she saw the phone was off the receiver, but first of all, there was no one else in the room, and phones don't just "fall" off the receiver. secondly, it wasn't even near the receiver, it was like 8 feet from it, like it had been thrown. i doubt she would lie to me about it, but who knows?
    Last edited by Lachrymose; 07-25-2008 at 19:04.
    /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    The Darkfall community has always been a source of good feedback, constructive criticism, and inspiration for the Darkfall developers and we'll keep it that way by doing away with the non-constructive elements.
    JTT - Never Forget 10-18-08

1000+

I live in an old house as well, and one of the things it doesn on a regular basis is make noises. It's creeks and shifts and makes some of the weirdest noises that you would really only hear at night when it's quiet.

From a believer's point of view it could be something. Get some digital voice recorders and see if you can do some EVP next time you hear it. Of course it could always just be the house itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungraylessness
    Movies were once Picture Shows and Games were once fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc
    Edit - Drink whiskey.

5000+

I grew up a pretty old house and it did make lots of noise but I don't believe in ghosts. Though I admit some times late at night after watching a scary movie in that house you probibly could have convinced me.
    Head of Traps of ATS
    http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dejavuwebsigpd9.gif
    Among the Shadows / Death Alliance

4000+

I believe in ghosts. I am fairly certain the house I grew up in was haunted. Here is the short version:

Before we moved into the house I spent my younger years in, a creepy family lived there. By creepy, I mean they were the type of family that people avoided at all costs. One day they all dissapeared, and after months of the house being unkept, police investigated to find it empty (mostly). It was then put on the market. The house was empty for about 8 years before we bought it (and the house wasn't bad at all).

The first thing we noticed after investigating the house is that the downstairs was divided into three rooms (all fully carpeted, etc...so not like most basements, it was nice). The odd part about the main door of the basement (you would walk downstairs, take a right, then after a short hallway you would reach a door which led into a family room typed place) was that there was a lock on the outside. Strange right? On the inside of the door there were deep marks, as if someone had clawed at the door for their life. This was all really freaky, but easily replaced.

Inside the basement was a crawl space. There was a lock on the outside of that as well (which turned out rather fun when friends would come over...a great joke locking someone inside a dusty crawl space).

We overlooked all of those odd things, however once we remodelled the basement is where we started to get disturbed. For example, whoever was locked in the basement would hide things in the ceiling. Every time we took a panel down, we would find objects up there. These objects ranged from long butcher knives to belt buckles. Creepy stuff.

Anywho, that is the background, now to the scary parts. Whenever you would be in a room upstairs that there was a vent, you would hear something that sounded like a TV comming through the vent. Even if it was night and nothing was on, the sound was there. You could even put your ear to the vent and make out words. I checked on multiple occasions to find that nothing was on in the basement. My whole family experienced this, and it wasn't until a few years later that we actually told each other (and were relieved that we all weren't crazy).

Also, while downstairs constantly it felt like someone else was down there. It was hard to be down there without someone else or without a lot of noise going. Often times when we went down there things would be moved around, pictures would be on the floor, and other strange crap.

Other things happened as well, however this is already getting to long so I will stop here. I think I made a general point.
    Quote Originally Posted by killerchicken
    Yeah my original plan was to insult your name but then that would be like insulting boobs
    Quote Originally Posted by biggunsar
    ultimo. That guy is a professional fucking troll.

I won't buy darkfall, just because of that.

7000+

I "feel" something in my parents' house basement. That's where I have my room too. But if I close a certain door to the laundry room, I no longer feel the precense at nights. Spooky thing is that when we bought the house, we saw this cross on the back of the door (on the other side of the doorknot, the thin side, you know what I mean?). And that's the same door that makes the "precense" dissappear at nights.

lol ghosts, no.

Normal User

if you think thats creepy. when i was six i had this bed that had bars on each end of it. i woke up around noon, and i sat up cause i was still tired.

and all of a sudden these cold boney hands got ahold my ankles. it was under the covers, so i didnt see anything, i just felt it. it started pulling my to the end of the bed, and i was kicking, but not hard enough, i was slowly but surely losing the 'tug-a-war'. but when i threw the covers off of my legs it dissapeared. i assure you, this is no joke. its for real.

also, i used to be CREEPED out of bulgey eyed, bald, pale white vampires. i used to tell my dad that i used to be creeped out of them. actually it wasnt just my dad, it was basically everyone.
    so one day i was watching tv with my brother in my mothers bedroom. we were sitting at the end of the bed with the Tv about 1/2 a metre infront of us. i turn my head to look for the remote and to my surprise, i see the top of a bald, pale white head. it was behind the bed, and it was as if -- a vampire as i would repeatedly describe -- someone crawling. i freaked out, because at the time it was my worst night mare. i called my mom, my mom told my sister to go check it out, and when i went back, nothing was there. again, no joke.

though last year i was informed that what people believe to be lost spirits arent actually lost spirits. they are a different being. called "Jinn"

heres a link describing them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie

read past the first paragraph lol, i know its not that convincing. anyways, yeah. i believe in a different being thats responsible for what people believe ghosts are responsible for. but i dont believe in ghosts. make sense?
    Last edited by Sam Fisher; 07-25-2008 at 19:50.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarilir View Post
    I "feel" something in my parents' house basement. That's where I have my room too. But if I close a certain door to the laundry room, I no longer feel the precense at nights. Spooky thing is that when we bought the house, we saw this cross on the back of the door (on the other side of the doorknot, the thin side, you know what I mean?). And that's the same door that makes the "precense" dissappear at nights.
    i think normally i would call you crazy, but i've had the same thing happen to me before too, just once. i've never been afraid of the dark, and i never really believed in ghosts or anything, but a couple years ago i just woke up in the middle of the night like i always do. only this time, i could swear there was someone/something in the room with me, i could just "feel" it. for some reason i was totally petrified, but i didn't even know what it was i was afraid of. nothing provoked this at all, no nightmare, no spooky stories or tv shows before going to bed. nothing. and this has never happened before and never happened since. spooky.

EDIT: oh yea, and if that isn't creepy enough, a week later, one of my roommates (we lived in a townhouse) said he had a similar experience around the same time i did, only he said he heard someone saying his name.
    Last edited by Lachrymose; 07-25-2008 at 19:56.
    /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    The Darkfall community has always been a source of good feedback, constructive criticism, and inspiration for the Darkfall developers and we'll keep it that way by doing away with the non-constructive elements.
    JTT - Never Forget 10-18-08

1000+

Dumbasses, it's just your imaginations playing tricks on you.

The human brain is wired to look for meaning in what their senses percieve, the creaking in the house was probably just regular random noise. For all you know she just dreamt the whole thing.

Believing in ghosts, wow, I don't even know what to say to that, it's just sad.

+1

Banned

how fun to read

Has no one any stories of seeing a ghost, lol I once searched something on google and I found people on a message board discussing ghosts, and one had seen a ghost lying in her bathtub when she passed the bathroom. Umm...okay. And that person asked if anyone else has had this experience and the answer was yes and then there came more stories of people seeing ghosts.

What kind of crappy houses do some of you live in? The houses move?! Make sound, oh yeah old crappy wooden American houses...sorry. I live in Iceland and each and everyhouse is made out of concrete so I never here anything from the house itself. But I have only once heard something really creepy, it was like a person moving in my house at night but really really really trying to be silent, slow slow slow steps and the person was doing something, and I thought the house might be getting robbed or something lol, but this was just so long time ago when I was so young so I don't remember much so I didn't put it in my ghost thread.

But after seeing some ghost hunter episodes thingy on discovery channel or something close, I think it's this http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/
    Atleast while I watch it I believe in ghosts, theese guys go into hunted mansions and such. It's fun to watch, they have all kinds of gear, all kinds of cameras and such. And they carry theese cameras around everywhere, it's not like a show where they just say OMG I saw a ghost, no they show the ghost, they tape it and replay it over and over. Or spirits or whatever, what is the difference?

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by Lachrymose View Post
    i think normally i would call you crazy, but i've had the same thing happen to me before too, just once. i've never been afraid of the dark, and i never really believed in ghosts or anything, but a couple years ago i just woke up in the middle of the night like i always do. only this time, i could swear there was someone/something in the room with me, i could just "feel" it. for some reason i was totally petrified, but i didn't even know what it was i was afraid of. nothing provoked this at all, no nightmare, no spooky stories or tv shows before going to bed. nothing. and this has never happened before and never happened since. spooky.

EDIT: oh yea, and if that isn't creepy enough, a week later, one of my roommates (we lived in a townhouse) said he had a similar experience around the same time i did, only he said he heard someone saying his name.
    My brother and mother have seen stuff too. He has this special kind of chair with some kind of textile material that makes a sound when you sit down in it. Well, he's woken up by that sound several times in the night. Sometimes you hear the chair move on the top floor too, when no one is up there ^^