Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 45
    12,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    title
    I find it very hard not to mention "pork" in a sentence here because you are a Jew.

I don't want to offend the ops into thinking i offended you.

Tbh it's pretty damn hard to communicate with a jew when you are afraid to speak freely.

Anyway, on topic.

Have a lot of sex!
    <Teth> It's best not to talk to Gunther, though
    <Jarlaxle> why ? he's a legend
    <Teth> He's primarily a legend because he's very good at antagonizing the ops without going far enough to be pwnz0red

<@erik> Gunther will, true to his nature, probably get himself banned again soon enough ;)

12,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Capricious View Post
    I just had the "two-pack" look
    Do rappers mention that a lot to you?
    <Teth> It's best not to talk to Gunther, though
    <Jarlaxle> why ? he's a legend
    <Teth> He's primarily a legend because he's very good at antagonizing the ops without going far enough to be pwnz0red

<@erik> Gunther will, true to his nature, probably get himself banned again soon enough ;)

IRC Moderator

You should do what Britney Spears does, 1000 situps a day!

Screw the diet, you'll probably end up right back where you were a few months from now anyway.

9000+

I'm not going to act like I know everything when it comes to losing weight so please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Get a wife.
    &
    Start with a martial art
    &
    Stop eating hamburgers for breakfast.
    Fuck you.

18,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Lachrymose View Post
    you're an idiot. i'm sick of hearing people say, "OMG WTF JUST STRVE URSELF!"

yes, you will lose a lot of weight if you have a severely calorie deficit diet. anorexics do it all the time, and it works for them. and don't they look amazing!

the problem comes in, in that 1) if you have 50 pounds to lose, chances are it's b/c you like to eat, and keeping a 1000 calorie diet won't exactly be easy. 2) if you continue to deprive yourself of calories, your metabolism will be completely fucked. so expect to stay on the 1000 calorie diet for the rest of your life, b/c as soon as you start eating more, you'll gain your weight back.

like i said in an earlier post, calculate the calories you need to maintain (sure, some calculators may be inaccurate, try using several of them and guesstimate). then, at MOST have a 500 calorie deficit. i can guarantee you that 1000 calories will be more than a 500 calorie deficit for you. ie: don't do it unless you want to kill your metabolism..

People who use the "ZOMG you need to eat more or else your metabolism will stop!!!" are just fatties who don't want to reduce what they eat.

If you are THAT overweight, the loss of calories burned due to decrease in metabolism will be no where near the amount of extra calories you can burn.

Metabolism MAINLY effects how much calories you burn while doing nothing. I think the rate is about 60 calories an hour for just being awake. Even if it decreases by 20%, that is only like 12 calories an hour. If you are awake for 18 hours a day, 216 calories.

BIG FUCKING DEAL. 216 calories. Wow... That is what, about 20 minutes on a bike? So you would suggest he increase his caloric intake by 500 calories in order to burn an extra 216...

If you want to be fat, eat more. If you want to lose weight, eat less.

Uzik ibnYaraq (in game name, always willing to help)

My latest SONG and my latest VIDEO.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin/videos
    http://absogaming.forumotion.com/forum

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther TheBlack View Post
    Do rappers mention that a lot to you?
    Yes, but I consider it an insult.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Xinnro View Post
    QFT. Martial Arts is a great way to get in shape period.

Would suggest it to anyone.
    But Xinnro, you didn't actually look "in shape" in your pictures. If something has changed, please post some new shots. You know; *artistic* pictures.
    [..] the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

1000+

On topic; if it were me I would consider which manner of athletes had the look I wanted to have, and then study what they do and make a program based on that, which is compatible with my habits and life-style. Doing the whole "I will turn my life around"-makeover, doesn't work very well for most people, in my opinion. But slowly and steadily building persistent habits that point in the right direction is (to use a favoured US American expression) a "blessing".
    [..] the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Uzik View Post
    People who use the "ZOMG you need to eat more or else your metabolism will stop!!!" are just fatties who don't want to reduce what they eat.

If you are THAT overweight, the loss of calories burned due to decrease in metabolism will be no where near the amount of extra calories you can burn.

Metabolism MAINLY effects how much calories you burn while doing nothing. I think the rate is about 60 calories an hour for just being awake. Even if it decreases by 20%, that is only like 12 calories an hour. If you are awake for 18 hours a day, 216 calories.

BIG FUCKING DEAL. 216 calories. Wow... That is what, about 20 minutes on a bike? So you would suggest he increase his caloric intake by 500 calories in order to burn an extra 216...

If you want to be fat, eat more. If you want to lose weight, eat less.
    Uzik the problem is you're assuming that there is one "magic" number of daily caloric intake that works for everybody. I wish this was true, but it's not. There are many more variables that you have to take into consideration before you can go up to a person and say "Ok this is how many (nutritious) calories you need to eat each day to show optimal results." People are in different situations and require different plans.

People have different bodies, they handle calories differently, you need to look at the intensity of their workout routine, different metabolisms, family history, ect.... You can't just say "eat this many calories and you'll lose weight." Yeah, if you eat a small amount of calories everyday you are probably going to lose weight, but there is a difference between doing it in a healthy way and doing it in an unhealthy way.

If you go up to someone and tell them to eat 1000 calories a day without looking at any of the other variables you run the risk of them under eating. This is when the body goes into "Starvation Mode." It's a natural defense mechanism that the body goes into when it realizes it's not getting enough nutrients. Everything you eat is immediately turned into as much fat as possible and the body goes after the muscles and tissue. So rather than burn fat, your body starts frantically storing it and burns the muscles instead. You'll lose weight, but it's not going to be healthy.
    Last edited by Shiva-PIC; 07-18-2008 at 19:12.

1000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by [Malice]Bronson View Post
    Lulz at all the forum fatties trying to give exercise and diet advice they've never tried themselves. I've got a degree in Ex Science and am ACE certified.

The lifting before you do cardio is better than just cardio though.
    Lulz at the retard who assumes everyone on the forum is an unhealthy fat geek.
    Killer 93%
    Achiever 66%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 6%

Exercise:
    I recommend martial arts, but in general you need a sport that you can absorb yourself in. Most people say martial arts because the level obsession you can get with it is similar to when you are training in high school or college sports. You not only practice, you compete and you train outside of dojo.

That last part is important, because most people will get bored as shit trying to run on the treadmill and lifting weights everyday for no real fucking reason. Depending on how out of shape you are and your athleticism, it could take you awhile to see lots of really good progress at the gym alone. However, you will see immediate gains from working at the gym in martial arts. This helps you focus on not just getting in shape part, but on becoming healthy and focusing on something with a bit more instant gratification.

Cardio:
    If you are doing a sport (short of a marathon, triathalon, or something with excessive running) your more than likely doing short bursts of speed and anaerobic activity. I normally will do 1.5m when I run, but just try to get faster and faster. The best I have gotten to when I was doing this all the time was a 5:10 mile pace.

Unless you are choosing to do running as a sport, don't overdue the running aspect. Train for your sport by training short burst speed. Go high pace, medium pace with alternating hills, or speed up slow downs over the course of 1.5mi.

Weight Lifting:
    Unless you are trying to body build as your sport, you will not benefit from doing burn outs on your muscles (20 different exercises of back and biceps as an example). You should pick power movements that will help you explode. You should combine this with various other movements that are slow and controlled (6 second count down, 1.5 push out).

Diet:
    I don't subscribe to watching calories or when to eat things (like 0 carbs after 6). I eat 4-6 times a day 3 are regular meals, 3 are snacks about 200-350 calorie bars. I would recommend if you are weight lifting that you drastically reduce your carb intake.

Glycenol is the form of carbohydrates that deposits in your muscles for use (this the concept of the glycemic index for dieting). When you work out your body trys to replace these energy stores first, then deposits as fat. By starving your body of carbs to replace this and lifting weights, you will cause your body to breakdown fat to replace the glycenol. You will burn fat fast.

Cortisol:
    You should eat a snack (I like the premier protein bars) 60 minutes before a workout, work out for at least 1.25 hours, and then have a protien shake within 20-30 minutes after working out. Your body because of depleted glycenol is more apt to absorb protien after working out. Additionally after working out cortisol is released in your body to redeposit the free floating energy so you don't starve. Cortisol has a habit of depositing fat in ugly places (see Trimspa commercials). The natural counter to cortisol is insulin. Eating before and after working out causes your body to continually release insulin to regulate the release of energy into your body. Additionally protien, like long chain carbs, take a while to process into your bloodstream which means you won't a sugar rush which will release large amounts of insulin which will do the same actions as cortisol (depositing fat on your body).

Stretching:
    Dedicate 20-30 minutes of stretching before and after working out. It not only keeps your muscles limber, it helps break up lactic acid build up in your muscles. Additionally, you will continue burning energy longer after stretching after a work out.

________--
    Hope that was helpful

5000+

Crunches, and punching yourself in the stomach. Hard.
    WOLVERINES UNITE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordhak View Post
    I've got a decent salve for that. If you catch my drift.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLily View Post
    Normally dispensed by hand pump I'd imagine.
    Look into my dark side