Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 72
  1. #16
    5000+
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Yggdrasil
    Posts
    5,320

    Default

    Lots of sex helps.

    Killer 106.67% Socializer 46.67% Explorer 6o% Achiever 13.33%

    As I hear the curses and growls of my enemies I cant help but smile, they actually thought I'd fight fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paro
    Xinnro can go to hell.

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva-PIC View Post
    An ideal workout routine would consist of both cardio and weight lifting. Reason being, after a weight training session, your body continues to burn calories from that workout for the next 48 hours. Your body stops burning calories from a cardio session within roughly 30 minutes.
    lol? Aerobic exercise (by that I mean things like running, not jumping jacks) is pretty widely considered to be the ideal way to burn calories. Anaerobic exercise like weight lifting is pretty widely considered to be the best way to get the actual muscles bigger and stronger, which can boost your resting metabolic rate over time but will still not surpass regular aerobic exercise.

    Did you ever bother attending health class?

    Anyway, you cannot do anything in particular to zap your gut without lowering your body fat elsewhere, as Uzik has said. Working out the muscles in that area will simply result in general calorie burning (as would happen anywhere else) and strengthening the muscles that are underneath all the fat (which can theoretically cause the fat to actually appear even greater, due to bigger muscles sitting under the skin). It also is generally less efficient in calorie burning than other methods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy Wrong View Post
    [Alfar]'s like a Stephen Hawking rookie card.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998altima View Post
    What if our imagination is a figment of the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by YGOTAS#13
    Gay people like to hibernate in caves.

  3. #18
    2000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Korea bitchz
    Posts
    2,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Wolf View Post
    Lots of sex helps.
    oh shit, ignore what i said. do this.
    /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    The Darkfall community has always been a source of good feedback, constructive criticism, and inspiration for the Darkfall developers and we'll keep it that way by doing away with the non-constructive elements.
    JTT - Never Forget 10-18-08

  4. #19
    3000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,639

    Default

    I suggest the 'leptin diet'. It's based on science. It's not infallible (scientists used to believe in something besides plate tectonics, and human physiology is complicated) but it makes sense and it's based on someones observations, and not some dumbfuck in a girls magazine talking about eating grapefruit.

    Leptin is the hormone that regulates your metabolism, or some part of it. It is what tells your brain when you're hungry and when you're not. Normally you have a daily cycle. What happens with these morbidly obese people is that every time you eat your body starts producing leptin to tell your brain, you're no longer hungry. This communication isn't instant nor is it infallible. If you snack all the time your brain will get saturated in leptin, and you'll no longer read that there is plenty of leptin. It will then think you're hungry since 'there is no leptin' and thus a piano sized lady is the size of a piano and STILL she keeps stuffing her face. Because as far as her brain is concerned she is starving for food.

    They've got like five rules and they're all about keeping this leptin hormone in balance with a daily cycle so it functions properly. Main ones don't snack between meals, give 3-4 hours between meals. Also eat slowly. and give 4 hours NO calories before sleep. The time before sleep is important for the daily hormone cycle.

    This is -the best- method for losing weight. As a bonus it actually makes sense. Oh yeah NEVER use any kind of fake sweetner (of course some of the newer ones may be different). But the stuff in diet sodas, are technically MUCH sweeter than normal sugar. Well that potency will spike your hormones and cause much more weight problems than they help. Normal soda is worse than normal sugar, and diet soda is worse than normal soda.

  5. #20
    2000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Korea bitchz
    Posts
    2,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alfaroverall View Post
    lol? Aerobic exercise (by that I mean things like running, not jumping jacks) is pretty widely considered to be the ideal way to burn calories. Anaerobic exercise like weight lifting is pretty widely considered to be the best way to get the actual muscles bigger and stronger, which can boost your resting metabolic rate over time but will still not surpass regular aerobic exercise.

    Did you ever bother attending health class?
    actually, alfar, shiva is absolutely right about that. but he never said lifting is better for burning calories than aerobic exercise. but like he said, it's good to do both for the reasons he gave. lots of energy burned (aerobic exercise) + longterm calorie burning (lifting).

    Anyway, you cannot do anything in particular to zap your gut without lowering your body fat elsewhere, as Uzik has said. Working out the muscles in that area will simply result in general calorie burning (as would happen anywhere else) and strengthening the muscles that are underneath all the fat (which can theoretically cause the fat to actually appear even greater, due to bigger muscles sitting under the skin). It also is generally less efficient in calorie burning than other methods.
    lol, i couldn't agree more. in fact, i would almost want to recommend avoiding ANY ab workouts b/c it definitely makes you look fatter. the muscle builds underneath your fat, but just makes it look like you have more fat..
    /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    The Darkfall community has always been a source of good feedback, constructive criticism, and inspiration for the Darkfall developers and we'll keep it that way by doing away with the non-constructive elements.
    JTT - Never Forget 10-18-08

  6. #21

    Default

    I'm gonna do ab workouts and nothing else now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Branwulf View Post
    Criminals will always get their weapons, it's the fucking lunatics that you should be worried about Colonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by United States Department of Education
    Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.

  7. #22
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gloomrender View Post
    I'm gonna do ab workouts and nothing else now.
    you planning to play a role in the next 300 movie?

  8. #23
    7000+
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Locash
    Posts
    7,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzik View Post
    Martial arts.

    Contrary to popular belief, situps do not get rid of a gut.

    There is no magic way to zap fat off one particular areas. As your overall bodyfat decreases, your gut will fade.


    I recommend:

    4 hours of martial arts a week
    30 minute cardio when not doign martial arts

    If you are a pussy and don't wana learn to fight, you could do light resistence weights at a cardio rate for 4 hours a week.



    As for diet:

    I usually recommend as close to 1000 calories a day as you can go. And try not to eat shit. Usually it works out if you just focus on calories, since most shit is a lot of calories. So to be able to eat 1000 calories and feel faily full, it will have to be pretty healthy.

    1000 calories isn't a lot if you're working out, but if you have a 50 lb gut, you should have more than enough energy stored in that fat to keep you going until you can move up to 2000 and just build muscle.

    I've been in and out of shape for years now. The thing that works for me now is to do a lot of martial arts, and cardio on days I dont. I would NOT recommend just hitting the weights. While I know this forum loves to go on about how much they can squat, that really isn't going to get rid of your gut.
    Don't listen to this guy. 1000 calories is completely arbitrary. And, if you are 50 pounds overweight, chances are you are dropping your calorie intake so drastically that it is only going to increase the chances that you binge. This will completely fuck up your whole diet.

    Calculate your BMR, using any of the myriad of BMR calculators (use the lowest activity level to be conservative). Have a food log, and keep your caloric intake under your BMR.

    Know that a pound is 3500 calories, meaning you just need a 500 calorie deficit per day to lose a pound each weak. If 500 is too much, go to 250.
    if you find it difficult to saty under your BMR, you need high volume foods like brocolli, spinanch, peppers, etc in your diet to fill you up. In the past, when cutting weight to wrestle, I found that chicken broth is great to have around when my stomach is just rumbling.


    "Everytime you PK a newb, a breakdancer shitkicks a baby."-Goty

  9. #24
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzik View Post
    Martial arts.

    Contrary to popular belief, situps do not get rid of a gut.

    There is no magic way to zap fat off one particular areas. As your overall bodyfat decreases, your gut will fade.


    I recommend:

    4 hours of martial arts a week
    30 minute cardio when not doign martial arts

    If you are a pussy and don't wana learn to fight, you could do light resistence weights at a cardio rate for 4 hours a week.



    As for diet:

    I usually recommend as close to 1000 calories a day as you can go. And try not to eat shit. Usually it works out if you just focus on calories, since most shit is a lot of calories. So to be able to eat 1000 calories and feel faily full, it will have to be pretty healthy.

    1000 calories isn't a lot if you're working out, but if you have a 50 lb gut, you should have more than enough energy stored in that fat to keep you going until you can move up to 2000 and just build muscle.




    I've been in and out of shape for years now. The thing that works for me now is to do a lot of martial arts, and cardio on days I dont. I would NOT recommend just hitting the weights. While I know this forum loves to go on about how much they can squat, that really isn't going to get rid of your gut.
    this is a similar routine that i participate in. I joined a gym that does kickboxing for an hour and ju jitsu for an hour. from mid abs up i toned up very fast. without running, my lower mid section failed to change much. on the three days off, i started running for 30min-1hr and it helped alot. I also cut back on crap food and started eating fruit... good luck

  10. #25
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachrymose View Post
    another supplement that has seemed to work pretty well for me is CLA.
    Where do you get these CLA supplements? I've heard a lot about these but heard large poritions are only found in Kangaroo meat.. or eggs... neither of which I eat...

  11. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    I recommend a simple yet effective solution. You'll have to make a one time purchase of a very sharp sushi knife, 5 large bags of ice and a bottle of OxyContin.

    You'll fill out the buthtub with the ice. Following that, you'll consume the entire bottle of OxyContin and proceed to get undressed and lay down in the buthtub. When positioned, you'll grab the sushi knife. Using the knife you'll slice off the excessive and unwanted fat and flesh at your gut. Hopefully, by the time you are prepared to cut, the OxyContin starts to kick it. Once all the unwanted baggage is removed, cover yourself entirely with ice and wait out 4 hours.

    Let us know how are the results.

  12. #27
    2000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    while you are watching tv. do sit-ups during every other commercial and push-ups during the other.

  13. #28
    12,000+
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    12,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachrymose View Post
    and your body will burn up more calories to maintain muscles. so more muscle = more calories being burned.

    you also wanna do high intensity cardio, rather than running for like an hour. what i do is run around a track (the track i run is 10 laps = 1 mile) and the first lap i run kinda fast, then the next lap i sprint, then the next i run, next sprint, and so on... do this for 10-20 minutes. or run for 1 min, sprint 30 secs, run 1 min, sprint 30 secs, again for 10-20 minutes (start out doing 10, then as you get in better shape you can do it longer).

    when i say "run," it's more like half way between a jog and a fast run. i know 10 minutes doesn't sound like it will do much, but trust me if you push yourself it will at first, then you just start doing it longer.

    also, i mix up exercises. so i run on a track one day, then maybe do the same 1 min "run", 30 sec sprint, only i'll do it on an exercise bike (sprint = peddle as fast as you can), rowing machine, and elliptical. this way, your body doesn't get too used to the same cardio, b/c if you get used to it, it won't be as effective.
    basically what he said

    Quote Originally Posted by Protonix
    I won't just be looking. I'm clearly planning to fap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killuminati View Post
    I really don't care about jews or the sand people. I think they should just have an epic battle on dantooine to settle this all.

  14. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by white magi View Post
    Where do you get these CLA supplements? I've heard a lot about these but heard large poritions are only found in Kangaroo meat.. or eggs... neither of which I eat...
    Kangaroo eggs? Interesting.

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Kangaroo eggs? Interesting.
    Someday I will eat a platypus egg, for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy Wrong View Post
    [Alfar]'s like a Stephen Hawking rookie card.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998altima View Post
    What if our imagination is a figment of the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by YGOTAS#13
    Gay people like to hibernate in caves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •