Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    lol ohhh boy, there are a thousand I could name that do this, I think I'll name my top two though.

I actually got suckered into playing World of Warcraft thanks to that trailer, the graphics on it were fucking amazing and still are, what's hilarious is that the artists who did this put the Burning Crusade trailer to absolute shame, they've all probably left now to better companies because the quality of the artwork put out by Blizzard generally has just been absolute shite.

hmm... which other one did it for me..... Ah yes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWwgejJrahQ Neverwinter Nights 2, I had never felt more betrayed by Bioware when they decided to piss off and leave one of their best games to a bunch of morons, I thought this trailer was pretty damn cool and I bought it, I had also bought NWN1 too and that was a load of fun.

I then find out servers are barely populated and barely any of them are real roleplayers like in the good old days and the storyline is just a linear piece of crap, not only that the game renders like shit and the camera controls are fucked so your either spending the majority of your time fiddling with game options so that the game doesn't constantly jerk about on you or feeling horrible about playing the damn game because of the way the camera has been so poorly planned because the developers seemed to be having a really hard time deciding which bloody camera angle they wanted the players to have, not to mention the clunky interface.

**Slight spoiler alert** Now story doesn't bother me too much in other games but when it comes to RPGs the story and background of the game and how you as the player interact in the world is the whole part of the RPG. Compared to NWN1 it was absolute crap, linear crap, the WoW kind of linear crap, the NPCs remain static halfway throughout the game and by the time the damn things over and they actually say something interesting you end up finishing the game.

There one thing that has pissed me off about all of the RPGs recently as well as Biowares nearly all the time it's the whole typical 'goodvsevil' charade and the choices you make nearly always lean towards the good as if the developers didn't have the fucking imagination to give an alternate option for someone who wanted to be evil not only that the big bad enemies are all demons or my particular favourite masteracecomingtodestroytheuniverseomfgr ofllollololol!!!11 ( referring to Mass Effect and Kotor here ) instead of actual real enemies like factions vying for power or evil dudes wanting power ( <3 Jon Irenicus ) of which there is zero shortage even in real life.

That's the end of my rant about bioware for the time being and for my third trailer I think I'll put this one out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3VamwcAlzs I actually had decent hope for Everquest 2 before I became so jaded with SOE and I played it for awhile but then I just went meh and gave up on MMORPGs altogether.
    Wall of text in a not-so-serious thread hits you for 1k damage! CRITICAL STRIKE!
    Fuck you.

25,000+ Long term follower

Lol @ the UNBAN VILLA!!111oneone comment on the first video.
    "Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure."
    --Robert LeFevre

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Die in a fire of poor people.
    TRSA

9000+

I have my 3000+ tag for a reason

Empire Earth 3

Could have been great...but it sucked...

Quote Originally Posted by Incanam View Post
    Empire Earth 3

Could have been great...but it sucked...
    I'd like to keep that abomination out of mind, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalSign View Post
    I'd like to keep that abomination out of mind, thank you very much.
    Hey, just an honest reply. I was so looking forward to it...and then I read their forums and all the reviews...

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Uzik View Post
    Post your choice for game with the best CG Trailer, and then the worst actual game behind it.

Warhammer: Mark of Chaos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl6v552xk4E

Was hoping for a 40k style game set in the medieval warhammer universe. Turned out to be shit.
    It's true. That's my favorite CGI of all time, but the game is horrible. D'oh!

Edit: I also wish, like a poster above, that the NWN2 storyline didn't suck so much. The only character I slightly liked was Sand and perhaps Jerro.
    Last edited by Atnas; 07-17-2008 at 19:07.
    Quote Originally Posted by arghysteelwill View Post
    Clearly AV's message is exploit or go home but dont let us catch you cause your banned.

18,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Galadon View Post
    I kinda liked Mark of chaos...and absolutely love the trailer cuz I think the warrior priest is the single coolest unit ever. But I probably liked the game because I don't have any expectation of it cuz I'm not a Warhammer player.
    The "hero" battles in that game were sooo fucking boring. I don't see how people could develop that and not be like "Shit, this is boring".

Also, it tried to look like total war with the units, but didn't have interesting combat animations.

Total snore fest IMO.

Uzik ibnYaraq (in game name, always willing to help)

My latest SONG and my latest VIDEO.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin/videos
    http://absogaming.forumotion.com/forum

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Lethn View Post
    lol ohhh boy, there are a thousand I could name that do this, I think I'll name my top two though.

I actually got suckered into playing World of Warcraft thanks to that trailer, the graphics on it were fucking amazing and still are, what's hilarious is that the artists who did this put the Burning Crusade trailer to absolute shame, they've all probably left now to better companies because the quality of the artwork put out by Blizzard generally has just been absolute shite.

hmm... which other one did it for me..... Ah yes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWwgejJrahQ Neverwinter Nights 2, I had never felt more betrayed by Bioware when they decided to piss off and leave one of their best games to a bunch of morons, I thought this trailer was pretty damn cool and I bought it, I had also bought NWN1 too and that was a load of fun.

I then find out servers are barely populated and barely any of them are real roleplayers like in the good old days and the storyline is just a linear piece of crap, not only that the game renders like shit and the camera controls are fucked so your either spending the majority of your time fiddling with game options so that the game doesn't constantly jerk about on you or feeling horrible about playing the damn game because of the way the camera has been so poorly planned because the developers seemed to be having a really hard time deciding which bloody camera angle they wanted the players to have, not to mention the clunky interface.

**Slight spoiler alert** Now story doesn't bother me too much in other games but when it comes to RPGs the story and background of the game and how you as the player interact in the world is the whole part of the RPG. Compared to NWN1 it was absolute crap, linear crap, the WoW kind of linear crap, the NPCs remain static halfway throughout the game and by the time the damn things over and they actually say something interesting you end up finishing the game.

There one thing that has pissed me off about all of the RPGs recently as well as Biowares nearly all the time it's the whole typical 'goodvsevil' charade and the choices you make nearly always lean towards the good as if the developers didn't have the fucking imagination to give an alternate option for someone who wanted to be evil not only that the big bad enemies are all demons or my particular favourite masteracecomingtodestroytheuniverseomfgr ofllollololol!!!11 ( referring to Mass Effect and Kotor here ) instead of actual real enemies like factions vying for power or evil dudes wanting power ( <3 Jon Irenicus ) of which there is zero shortage even in real life and can actually have really interesting and deep character to them instead of being just sword or magic fodder.

That's the end of my rant about bioware for the time being and for my third trailer I think I'll put this one out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3VamwcAlzs I actually had decent hope for Everquest 2 before I became so jaded with SOE and I played it for awhile but then I just went meh and gave up on MMORPGs altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragoni View Post
    Wall of text in a not-so-serious thread hits you for 1k damage! CRITICAL STRIKE!
    Wild Lethn Appeared
    You sent out Aragoni
    Wild Lethn used wall of text
    Aragoni takes 1000 damage. Super effective. Critical hit.
    Aragoni fainted.
    Do you want to send out another forumfaller.

You used escape rope.

+1

2000+

I don't even think the trailer was that great, sure the CG was nice but the content was pretty lame.

The map with darkness moving across has been done before; humans getting ambushed by bad guys and trying to fight valiantly, old; Person not seeing the guy behind them about to kill them was lame; view from the side as the person falls and watches his comrades die is overused; Saved by elves, lame; Then one guy taking on a dragon with shiny weapon, lame.

All they did was string a lot of cliches together.

But the CG was really nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by charli_p View Post
    This is my first foray into the Darkfall community and I'm heartened by the sense and maturity of the forums.

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by surGeonFFS View Post
    Wild Lethn Appeared
    You sent out Aragoni
    Wild Lethn used wall of text
    Aragoni takes 1000 damage. Super effective. Critical hit.
    Aragoni fainted.
    Do you want to send out another forumfaller.

You used escape rope.
    I burst out laughing that's sig worthy that is hahahhahhh

12,000+ Long term follower

The winner of this will be this one once it's released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ7x9...eature=related

Anyway. Tbh games-workshop should make a goddamn movie cause their intro's are fucking amazing!!!
    <Teth> It's best not to talk to Gunther, though
    <Jarlaxle> why ? he's a legend
    <Teth> He's primarily a legend because he's very good at antagonizing the ops without going far enough to be pwnz0red

<@erik> Gunther will, true to his nature, probably get himself banned again soon enough ;)

8000+

Your mum!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    I'd bet 45 Canadian Dollars that Stalwart hasn't left his couch in Texas in 2 decades. ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonlegend View Post
    Fro is just slapping people now with his godlike powers.

Quote Originally Posted by QaoPan View Post
    not correct my grammar much more yelping dogs
    or i correct you life and make it dead

12,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Matriel View Post
    Lol @ the UNBAN VILLA!!111oneone comment on the first video.

Lol.

Is this a new form of "evading" darkfall forum bans? Use youtube comments to communicate with the darkfall community
    <Teth> It's best not to talk to Gunther, though
    <Jarlaxle> why ? he's a legend
    <Teth> He's primarily a legend because he's very good at antagonizing the ops without going far enough to be pwnz0red

<@erik> Gunther will, true to his nature, probably get himself banned again soon enough ;)

8000+

Not the best CG trailer, but probebly the one of the worst games I have ever wasted time on (about 2 days hoping it would get better).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG-LC...eature=related

Fucking korean grindfest games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viranth View Post
    Welcome to OT, your 15 minutes are up.