Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: subway lawsuit

Normal User

Default subway lawsuit

Last edited by Fledrel; 07-16-2008 at 16:21.
    Spoiler

4000+

This Subway sandwich came with all the toppings - and then some.

A Queens man is suing the sandwich empire for $1 million after finding a large serrated knife he says was baked into the bread of his 12-inch cold-cut sub.

John Agnesini, 27, of Astoria, told The Post he was horrified when he spotted the 7-inch blade inside his lunch.

"After taking a few bites I could tell something didn't taste right," Agnesini said.

"Then I felt something hard on the bottom of the bread. I turned it over and could see the knife baked inside."

He said the sharp edge of the stainless steel knife was facing upward and extended into the half of the sandwich he had begun to eat.

"It's shocking. You see this metal knife. I mean, it's one thing seeing a hair or something," Agnesini said. "If I didn't look at it, could you imagine what would happen? I could've slashed the side of my mouth."

A Subway spokesman would not discuss the June 27 incident.

"At Subway restaurants, we take food safety and customer comments very seriously. We are aware of the complaint made and are investigating the facts. As a pending legal matter, we cannot discuss this matter further," spokesman Kevin Kane said.

Agnesini, who works as a designer at Homo Xtra magazine in Midtown, bought the sub from a shop on West 35th Street, where he often went for lunch.

He was not badly injured, but became violently ill with "severe stomach issues" for three hours, he recalled.

A doctor told him he had the symptoms of food poisoning, which Agnesini attributed to whatever contaminants may have seeped into his food, possibly from the melted plastic handle of the knife.

He also said the knife was "filthy."

Agnesini's attorney, Yetta Kurland of Kurland, Bonica & Associates, plans to file the suit in state Supreme Court in Manhattan today. The suit charges the eatery breached its responsibilities under local health codes and public-health law, said Kurland.

"It is outrageous that someone would have to worry about swallowing a metal knife and it is unthinkable that Subway, which makes fortunes off its campaign of 'Eat fresh,' would allow something like this to happen," Kurland said.
    For you people too lazy to open a browser (which I generally am).

Normal User US1 Player

How could that of happen? When they put the bread into the oven to bake, the dough is just a little ball string. How could a knife be "baked" into the bread?

[23:31] <Vax> mork very well might be the coolest f***ing dude in this channel
    [23:31] <Vax> bask in his awesomeness

Thank God I don't eat fast food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrin
    The hyped abomination has been slain by the hand of the righteous—let it rot in the pit of death and decay that it has prepared for itself.
    Official Human Advocate

I'm 1.000 in World Wars...

Normal User

Score! Free knife.

Kingdom of Eleador Clan Leader Long term follower

Disgruntled former employee, perhaps? Or hoax.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by BladeSLicer View Post
    Agnesini, who works as a designer at Homo Xtra magazine in Midtown
    So that explains it...
    "If u have sex before marriage then in Gods eyes u are married to that person if a man rapes a woman in Gods eyes they are married it sucks for the girl but what can we do lol" -God's Soldier

6000+

he says he got violently ill from it.

last I check there is no way that baked bread could make you ill.

even with a knife in it. all the bad stuff would have been cooked off when the bread was cooked. unless it wasn't cooked.

this screams of "I am trying to make a buck out of something that isn't that big of a deal."
    Quote Originally Posted by NapalmEnema View Post
    I'll also find out where SSGuy is and blow him. Shaft, balls, swallow the gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle View Post
    Score! Free knife.
    i think it'd be funny if that became the murder weapon in some subway massacre.

18,000+ Long term follower

Agnesini, who works as a designer at Homo Xtra magazine in Midtown, bought the sub from a shop on West 35th Street, where he often went for lunch.

I dont think enough people saw this when the first guy highlighted it.

Also, the Post is BARELY a periodical. I would place it one step above the inquirer and such.

Uzik ibnYaraq (in game name, always willing to help)

My latest SONG and my latest VIDEO.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin/videos
    http://absogaming.forumotion.com/forum

7000+
    www.Forumfall.com Webmaster
    Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Uzik View Post
    I dont think enough people saw this when the first guy highlighted it.

Also, the Post is BARELY a periodical. I would place it one step above the inquirer and such.
    i'm so glad you pointed that out...

3000+

Ban knives !

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat
    "Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    I stumble home drunk at 4am frequently, my sprinklers come on at 4:30 and scare the shit out of me when I'm trying to find my keys.

Normal User

the post barely a periodical how about

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,383681,00.html
    NEW YORK — A man claims that he was nearly cut when he found a knife baked into the bun of a cold-cut 12-inch sandwich he bought at a Subway restaurant in New York City.

John Agnesini says he knew his lunch didn't taste right. The 27-year-old said he was horrified to find a 7-inch serrated blade in the bread.

He said it was protruding into the half of the sandwich he was about to start chomping on and that it "could've slashed" the side of his mouth.

Instead, he said he fell ill with "severe stomach issues" for hours after eating. He attributes it to food poisoning from the embedded blade.

Subway restaurants spokesman Kevin Kane said food safety and customer comments are taken "very seriously" and that the company is "investigating the facts."
    http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/bizarre/BO82670/
    NYC man says he found knife in Subway sandwich
    NYC man says he found knife in Subway sandwich

NEW YORK -- A man claims that he was nearly cut when he found a knife baked into the bun of a cold-cut 12-inch sandwich he bought at a Subway restaurant in New York City.

John Agnesini says he knew his lunch didn't taste right. The 27-year-old says he was horrified to find a 7-inch serrated blade in the bread.

He says it was protruding into the half of the sandwich he was about to start chomping on and that it "could've slashed" the side of his mouth.

Instead, he says he fell ill with "severe stomach issues" for hours after eating. He attributes it to food poisoning from the embedded blade.

Subway restaurants spokesman Kevin Kane says food safety and customer comments are taken "very seriously" and that the company is "investigating the facts."

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    but I do agree it sounds like a hoax.
    Last edited by Fledrel; 07-16-2008 at 17:27.
    Spoiler

3000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by BladeSLicer View Post
    For you people too lazy to open a browser (which I generally am).
    How did you quote that if you're too lazy to open a browser? and how are you browsing forumfall without having a browser open?

Also, heres a reason to eat Quiznos.
    Last edited by Scottc1988; 07-16-2008 at 17:48.

2000+

dude, he just wants some free money cuz he hates his job at homo magazines. Clearly you wouldnt "Taste" much from the knife. As any contaminants would be cooked off in the baking process. And the only thing you would taste would be "OMG a fucking knife cut my mouth and i taste blood" clearly nothing funny tasting. Hes a douche and shoulda swallowed it and died. Then we woulda had a story.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/Tudiya/sig2.jpg